PDA

View Full Version : What time should we get there?

jazzysmom
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
What time do the ticket windows open? Is it earlier than the gates open? To get into the park the quickest when you have to pick up your tickets, what time should you get there? Thanks! Also, if the website says it opens at 9 am and I have EE that day, we can get in at 8 am right? How about for Mickey's Toontown Madness, what time can we get it?

Side question:
Do the crowds die down later at night on Saturdays? If so about what time, like is it after the fireworks & 1st showing of Fantasmic?

Malcon10t
08-28-2006, 03:02 PM
What time do the ticket windows open? Is it earlier than the gates open? To get into the park the quickest when you have to pick up your tickets, what time should you get there? Thanks! Also, if the website says it opens at 9 am and I have EE that day, we can get in at 8 am right? How about for Mickey's Toontown Madness, what time can we get it?

Side question:
Do the crowds die down later at night on Saturdays? If so about what time, like is it after the fireworks & 1st showing of Fantasmic?I'm a little confused. If you have to buy tickets there, you wont have EE or MTM. If you have EE, it begins one hour prior to opening on specific dates. Those days are generally Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness begins when the park opens on specific days (cant remember those) as Toontown doesn't open til an hour after the rest of the park.

As far as crowds, they usually die down quite a bit after the fireworks.

JookyG
08-28-2006, 04:16 PM

Side question:
Do the crowds die down later at night on Saturdays? If so about what time, like is it after the fireworks & 1st showing of Fantasmic?

I faced the early tickets dilemma on my last visit, when I forgot to pre-order our park hoppers online, since the first day of our visit was also our Early Entry day. I ended up buying the tickets at the local Disney Store to avoid the ticket booths altogether.

But in the process, I learned that there is one ticket booth that is open approximately 1/2 hour before Early Entry. Yes, you can get in at 8am. If park opens at 9am, Early Entry is at 8am, and the early ticket booth opens at 7:30am. If I remember correctly it was on the east side of the esplanade. This may have changed, so just call Disneyland and ask--that's always a good way to get a definitive answer.

EE is a feature of the 3-day park hopper, regardless of where you buy it. So, if you buy your tix at the ticket booth it WILL include EE. Assuming you can get to the ticket booth before Early Entry, that is.

I don't have answers for your other questions.

kiwifuz
08-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Have you thought about picking up your tickets the night before it you're worried about using your EE on your 1st day? Not sure if it's an option depending upon when you're arriving, but it would work if you're around the night before while the ticket windows are still open.

jazzysmom
08-29-2006, 06:48 AM
Our package is "ticketless travel". So when we arrive we just show our ID and pick up the tickets at the booth. Unfortunately, our flight will arrive too late to pick up the tickets the night before. I will take the suggestion to call Disneyland about the one booth that opens early. Thank you!

hg0079
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
we used get away today and had to claim our tickets when we got to the resort.... we had EE the first day....so there it is 6:55 am (gates open in 5 min) and the office we are suppose to claim tickets at is just starting to open. We get into the park after it's time for it to open........