PDA

View Full Version : Friday night in Sept.- Fantasmic at 9:00, fireworks at 9:25. Best place to be?

kitty
08-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi! I've been lurking for a few weeks, just joined up yesterday. My family (me, hubby, daughters age 14 and 16) will be making our first trip to DLR Wed- Fri. Sept 6-8. (Actually the 2nd trip for me - I was there in 1963 as a young child, but remember very little about it)

I included a Friday in our plans (was initially going to do Tues-Thurs) specifically so we could see Fantasmic! and the fireworks. That Friday there will be only one show of Fantasmic!, since the park closes at 10 pm that day. I realize that the park won't be as crowded as in the summer (hopefully) but even given light(er) crowds, it probably won't be possible to make it to a prime location for viewing the fireworks, since they start right after Fantasmic.

Given the tight schedule, could you guys give me advice to plan out the best plan of attack and positioning strategy to optimize our experience of Fantasmic/fireworks? I saw an old thread from right after the start of the 50th that rated different spots for seeing the fireworks, but of course at that time (May 2005) crowds were HUGE. A post-Labor Day Friday shouldn't be too busy, I hope.

Thanks!
We're getting SO excited about our trip! I love this site.

Malcon10t
08-26-2006, 06:13 PM
If you are seeing Fantasmic! you won't have many options for Remember... Basically, sit still and watch the fireworks from where you see Fantasmic!. Fantasmic! ends at 9:23 and fireworks start at 9:25. It wont be the best view but it will be decent.

kitty
08-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks!
Is there a certain part of the Fantasmic viewing area that is better than others for viewing the fireworks?
Might the crowds be light enough that we would be able to re-position ourselves slightly to improve the fireworks view? Or is it likely to be a total mob scene even in September?

Oh, and how early should we start staking out a spot for Fantasmic?

boots & saddles
08-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks for asking that question, I was about to do the same thing. I haven’t been to DL in 22 years long before Fantasmic, so was not sure if you could plan both events in one night. Thankfully we are there from Sept 5 - 11th so have 2 fireworks nights. As long as the winds allow, we hope to see Fantasmic one night and the fireworks the other.

ghoofie
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Maybe we sorta lucked out...but a few weeks ago we watched Fantasmic from the Riverbelle Restaurant. Had dinner there and waited for the show. But you could have a spot near the water, inside the ropes, same side. When the Mark Twain made it's appearance, we immediately left our table and walked through the ent/ext via Frontierland, past the gun arcade, etc. Then we went through the little walk way towards Adventure land. We then went towards Main Street as if to leave the park. When we got Coke Corner, you could either keep going to exit the park, or there was a large walkway to cross Main Street and go towards Tomorrowland. We took that...walked long the ropeway and found plenty of room to duck under the rope to be in position of the Fireworks which started about 30 seconds after we got there. It was perfect. We had a slight view of the castle and no view of matterhorn, but we've seen the show many times. It worked out well.

Malcon10t
08-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks!
Is there a certain part of the Fantasmic viewing area that is better than others for viewing the fireworks?
Might the crowds be light enough that we would be able to re-position ourselves slightly to improve the fireworks view? Or is it likely to be a total mob scene even in September?

Oh, and how early should we start staking out a spot for Fantasmic?Personally, I would probably try for center of ROA, as close tot he front. Stake out time, maybe 2 hours. I've seen the show from the Riverbelle Terrace and it is great, however, they will not allow you to stay for fireworks, and you cant see them well from there anyway. As for leaving from the show early and finding another spot on Main St. well, its like seeing 2 - half shows. I would prefer to stay til the end and see all of Fantasmic! and then see a not as great view of Remember... You will miss certain aspects of Remember (Tink flying) but its better than only seeing parts of both shows.