PDA

View Full Version : Room Service- Do You or Don't you?

Pages : [1] 2

rosie
08-26-2006, 04:20 PM
My idea of a great vacation is room service! Since at home I cook full dinners five out of seven nights a week, (hey-it keeps the family united) having dinner brought to me while I lounge in PJ's is heaven.....So how about you???

infinite
08-26-2006, 04:27 PM
I love room service!!

We get it once or twice every visit.

disneyperson
08-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Never do it. I'd rather go out to eat. We're hardly ever in our room.

Wendi
08-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Never do it. I'd rather go out to eat. We're hardly ever in our room.

I'm with disneyperson! I almost never do room-service... I'd rather eat out, I think room service costs way too much and the food isn't usually all that great. If I want to eat in my room, I'll just grab something to bring back on my own.

minniemom
08-26-2006, 05:38 PM
We do room service usually towards the end of our trip after a long day in the parks. When we are so pooped that all we want to do is lay in bed and eat dinner. Besides it adds to the disney experience, how often do the kids get to eat a hamburger in bed?

infinite
08-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Now I want Grand Californian room service (by now I mean RIGHT now not when e get there in a few weeks)! I thought the food was very good!

They give you little bottles of ketchup that are so cute!!

08-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Only if we're dog tired. Room service food smells up the room.

infinite
08-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Only if we're dog tired. Room service food smells up the room.Well, if the foosd smells good this isn't a problem, is it?

kohl
08-26-2006, 05:57 PM
We have never done room service either. I really don't care to and my hubby doesn't like to eat in the room.

08-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, if the foosd smells good this isn't a problem, is it?

Who wants the room to smell like filet mignon or pecan-crusted fish? Blech.

kiwifuz
08-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Okay well I'm the complete opposite, I can't stand snacking in bed let alone eating dinner. I've done room service once at a hotel that we had no choice but to eat in bed (no table in the room) and my little OCD self wanted to cry! ;)

Malcon10t
08-26-2006, 06:08 PM
We do it at the Hilton. The prices are only about $1 more per plate, so after a long day (just got there, or coming back late from teh park) it is so much easier. Most other places I don't. Its also nice to order cheesecake and kick back an dwatch TV.

rentayenta
08-26-2006, 06:34 PM
The only meal I enjoy from room service is breakfast. Sometimes it's fun to surprise the kids with Mickey waffles in the room while vacationing at Disneyland. :)

But it's not something we do often.

minniemom
08-26-2006, 07:17 PM
The only meal I enjoy from room service is breakfast. Sometimes it's fun to surprise the kids with Mickey waffles in the room while vacationing at Disneyland. :)

But it's not something we do often.

That is such a fun idea!! We go so often I am always looking for new ideas to make each trip different! I am going to try that next time!!!

Rhiannon8404
08-26-2006, 07:18 PM
We love to get room service! Especially for breakfast. We like to do the "order before you go to bed" thing. It's great. Food arrives, wake up, eat and get dressed...on your way out the door! Food smell clears before you get back.

june1st1997
08-26-2006, 08:24 PM
We always do room service, except when we are at Disneyland. At Disneyland we bring Jazz Kitchen back to the room and eat in bed. A little Jambalaya a few beignets...

We usually stay at GCH... (after our last trip we will NEVER stay at DLH AGAIN!)... Room service anygood there?

rentayenta
08-26-2006, 08:26 PM
We usually stay at GCH... (after our last trip we will NEVER stay at DLH AGAIN!)... Room service anygood there?

Their room service is good. Why won't you stay there again- just curious?

I Heart Disneyland!
08-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Hardly ever because the food isn't always that great. I'd rather hit my favorite area restaurants when I am on vacation.

r-we-there-yet
08-26-2006, 10:46 PM
I do not know about room service myself. The last time the wife and me did that, we got a bowl of strawberries and some champagne, and just like that, 9 months later, the little girl arrives.

I caution people with some types of room service.
:fez:

jMom
08-26-2006, 11:27 PM
We usually don't do room service because it's expensive and our little ones (now 3.5 yo & 19 mo) are usually picky/alseep.

That said, last trip I arrived at DLH and realized it was almost 11pm and I fogot to pack some milk!!! So had a long discussion w/ room service about best bang for my bucks and they sent up a beee-yewtiful carafe of milk, lovingly nestled in a huge bucket o' ice .. and 2 straws wrapped in a linen napkin. Was worth the expense just for the ludicrous experience. Because I had the kids on my own the first part of the trip, I did order breakfast in the room the first morning. Tres decadent and well worth it.

Otherwise, we eat the food we pack (I am in luv w/ trader Joe's)/have leftovers/or pick something up from the coffee shop/Crocs.

Leslie21
08-26-2006, 11:32 PM
We tried it at Disney World, where we got some pizza, chicken wings, and a six pack of soda for the incredibly thrifty range of 70-80 dollars total :D Was $18 for a six pack of soda obscene ? Yes. Was it incredibly fun and a great memory ? You bet your behind it is :fez:

wwithers
08-27-2006, 12:32 AM
I am a room service whore.

In the (late) morning I like to have tea brought up, maybe with some fruit or a croissant.

In the late afternoon/early evening, I like to have some kind of yummy snack and maybe a bottle of wine or some beer brought up.

At night, nothing is better after a long day than deciding you are too tired to get "dressed" for dinner, so you stay in your jammies and make a simple phone call...voila...dinner is served!

And when I'm by the pool and it is lunch/dinner/cocktail time, I'm all about having it brought to me.

June1st, the room service at GCH is excellent. As an added bonus, they have 24 hour room service, so if you ar hungry after being in the park until close, you can still have a good dinner.

darph nader
08-27-2006, 02:48 AM
I do not know about room service myself. The last time the wife and me did that, we got a bowl of strawberries and some champagne, and just like that, 9 months later, the little girl arrives.

Pesky strawberrys.:rolleyes:

They should warning labels on those things.Kind of like alcohal "warning,consuming spirits may cause pregnancy"

Klutch
08-27-2006, 06:07 AM

Good golly that's funny!

Never, not once, have I ever ordered room service. I used to travel for work all the time. Most of the business travelers would leave work, go to their rooms, get on their computers and order room service. Not Klutch. Wherever I was, I made an effort to meet people and see at least a little of the area. I find that in the remote suburbs, some people find it strange to see a person eating alone. It doesn't bother me any.

I can see why people like room service. It's just not my thing. I agree with 3894. I don't want to smell up the room. I also don't want to deal with the mess. And, I certainly don't want to eat in bed.

annieb727
08-27-2006, 08:46 AM
i've actually never stayed anywhere where room service was an option...

so i figure i better live it up a little when i'm at the DLH next month (two weeks!!! YAY). I'll try it once or twice - just for the experience. I'll definitely be taking pictures and journaling about it LOL