PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou vs Cafe Orleans

WDWalways
05-08-2002, 12:57 PM
What are the differences?? I just would like a run-down from the experts out there please. I hate to show my ignorance! :(

adriennek
05-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Cafe Orleans is a buffeteria in NOS. The menu is sandwiches, salads and desserts. There is very little indoor seating and an outdoor patio area. Cafe Orleans is not often open.

Blue Bayou is a sit-down restaurant (the only one left in the park, unless you count Club 33.) It is all indoors, in the same building as Pirates of the Carribbean. They have limited reservations if you get their first thing in the morning (they usually book up.) At lunch time they serve the famed Monte Cristo sandwiches. The menu prices go up a bit at dinnertime, so a good tip if you're interested in saving some money, you might consider a late lunch. In general, when POTC is running, Blue Bayou is open. They also have creme brulee :)

For menu lists, you can visit the Disneyland Restaurant Review (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm).

Adrienne K

WDWalways
05-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Thanks much!!!

cstephens
05-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by adriennek
Blue Bayou is a sit-down restaurant (the only one left in the park, unless you count Club 33.)

Carnation Cafe is a sit-down restaurant too, so there are actually two accessible to the general public.

gn2dlnd
05-08-2002, 04:11 PM
I know you guys mean the restaurants have waiter service when you say "sit-down," but for the folks who've never worked in restaurants, or been to Disneyland, I thought I'd make the distinction. Don't want you all to think we only eat standing up.
'Course that might not be a bad idea what with the constant earthquakes and all. ;)

cstephens
05-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Hmmm, good point. How about table service? Does that work better?

HBTiggerFan
05-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by gn2dlnd
I know you guys mean the restaurants have waiter service when you say "sit-down," but for the folks who've never worked in restaurants, or been to Disneyland, I thought I'd make the distinction. Don't want you all to think we only eat standing up.
'Course that might not be a bad idea what with the constant earthquakes and all. ;)

You mean we're not suppost to eat standing up?!?!?!? oh no!! All my life I have been eating standing up, and vowed one of those days I would be a fancy person who got to sit down to eat!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled post...BB is yummilicious and soooooo romantic!!!!!!

adriennek
05-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by cstephens

Carnation Cafe is a sit-down restaurant too, so there are actually two accessible to the general public.

Duh, that's right. I knew that. I sat here trying to remember if there was another one, but I missed it. Carnation Cafe was pretty good last time we went there, too.

Adrienne K

Morrigoon
05-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Cafe Orleans makes nicer sandwiches than River Belle

cstephens
05-09-2002, 06:38 AM
I'm really disappointed with Cafe Orleans because they changed the menu several months back. The only thing I ever ate there, Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad, they took off the menu. I've not eaten there since. But I crave that salad all the time.

80S ERA
05-09-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by adriennek
Blue Bayou is a sit-down restaurant .......It is all indoors, in the same building as Pirates of the Carribbean. Adrienne K

Indoors? Wait a minute! I always thought I was dinning under the "moonlight?":D :cool: I even remember a shooting star every 20 seconds!

funnygarcia
05-09-2002, 03:34 PM
You can make advance reservations via phone for Blue Bayou - max 30 days in advance. They take your name and phone number and thats it- no CC needed , no confirmation number given .. 714-781-DINE.. very friendly and a breeze to do.. just made mine for June 3 :)