PDA

View Full Version : Will you pay Disneyland prices for McDonalds food ?

Pages : [1] 2

zapppop
05-25-2001, 05:17 PM
When they open the McDonald's restaurant inside Disneyland, will you pay Disneyland prices for McDonalds food when there's a McDonald's across the street that's cheaper ?

lisap
05-25-2001, 05:54 PM
Well...uh...if you put it that way...um...the thing is.........

No?
;)

dgthx
05-25-2001, 06:54 PM
I have once at DCA, but not by my choice. Ah the power of persuasion that a hungry, cranky woman has over us men. ;)

tabacco
05-25-2001, 08:01 PM
Heh... I won't pay McDonald's prices for McDonald's food, let alone Disney's prices :)

If it absolutely positively had to be a fast food chain, I'd rather see In n' Out or something GOOD.

Matterhorn Fan
05-26-2001, 08:31 AM
I don't even eat McDonald's on the "outside."

Do you think anyone will actually answer yes to this question? (I mean no offense to anyone who does.)

Napsto
05-26-2001, 10:03 AM
there is no way i would pay $7 dollars for a big mac meal. that is ridculous. $3.29 is good for a number one with a mr. pibb for me!

LuvTDL
05-26-2001, 11:34 AM
The only way that I would pay for McDonalds inside Disneyland is if..
1) all the other food places were closed and I was STARVING
2) I had to feed a group of people under a certain budget AND pizza port and tomorrowland terrace was closed

Um.. soo otherwise.. nope, I wouldn't pay Disneyland prices for McDonalds.... now if they were McDonalds prices, I might... =) even though I hate the thought of having a McDonalds in there..

AND I agree with tabacco... if they're gonna bring in an outside burger place, they should bring in something GOOD.. like a 50's diner run by Ruby's or Johnny Rockets... or just a burger place by Fat Burger.. or In n' out...

zapppop
05-26-2001, 12:44 PM
If you could, how would you blend in Johnny Rockets inside Disneyland ? ( just curious )

TecTalker2K
05-26-2001, 01:01 PM
Well.. yeah.. maybe. If we are eating in the park, we are paying more for everything. How much is a hamburger anywhere compared to what DL offers? I am sure you get get cheaper Pizza, Pot Roast or Prime Rib cheaper elsewhere. I think you guys are too hung up on McDonalds.

ODV CM
05-26-2001, 10:51 PM
not just no, but HELL NO!(am I allowed to say that here?)

TecTalker2K
05-28-2001, 09:10 AM
The thing that amaes me is that there is free water everywhere in the park but people will buy water at the stands.

ODV CM
05-28-2001, 10:05 AM
Well, that would be "tap" water, which isn't exactly the cleanest or the healthiest for you. I'd much rather pay for a bottle of water(though $2.50 is pushing it) than take my chances with what we like to call "LA water"(yes, I know its Orange County, but thats just what we call it, okay)

lisap
05-28-2001, 11:11 AM
If we take nothing else to the Park, we are always sure to have 3-4 bottles of water. 2.50 is insane, and the tap water there is pretty terrible (as it is in San Diego County :( )

TecTalker2K
05-28-2001, 02:48 PM
I have had Disney Water and it is usually refreshing.. Although sometimes... it tastes like it came straight from RoA. Until I started visting with the love of my life, I never bought bottled water there. You know.. I bet if ODV were selling McDonalds Hamburgers, this would not be a discussion. =)

PhilMP
05-28-2001, 06:19 PM
Hey, that's a good idea. We already sell hot dogs.

However, wouldn't it be kinda yucky to eat a hamburger that's been sitting in a big insulated wagon for a while. I mean, with hot dogs, it's just hot dog and bun. With hamburger it's going to be hamburger, lettuce, tomato, and pickles all just sitting there, getting all soggy and stuff.

Oh well, Guests spend $2.50 for lukewarm (usually) water. I guess they can spend 20 bucks on a soggy big mac.

Phil

Morrigoon
05-28-2001, 08:14 PM
Here's an idea of bringing in an outside company that I would not object to: Why not bring in IN n Out to DCA? It's a california based business (okay, so's mcD's I guess) but in n out is still relatively small, has great food, and would spice up the hollywood section a bit. If they had to bring in mcd's, why couldn't they rebuild the old arch style and do an imitation "drive thru" which would fit the theming?

But I'd still rather see In n Out... how cool would that be? I'd pay $7 for a double double meal!

Phil: LOVE the tag line! Hahaha!

TecTalker2K
05-28-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by PhilMP
However, wouldn't it be kinda yucky to eat a hamburger that's been sitting in a big insulated wagon for a while.
Phil

Heck, sounds like what McDonalds is doing now..they steam the patties. How about a Microwave on the wagon and cook them like Burger King. How about White Castles?

You know.. if you could whip the burgers out fast enough, you could sell them at maybe 6 dollars.. and if you use a lot of onion... it would cover the taste.

TecTalker2K
05-28-2001, 08:39 PM
McDonlds would really need to go back to the days when their burgers were really good. They had the most fantastic egg buns. We really need Fuddruckers hamburgers. They are truly the best.

tabacco
05-28-2001, 10:28 PM
Oooooooh, those're some good burgers. I'd kill to see a Fuddrucker's burger place in DL or DCA. Well... if they had to put in an exernal retaurant chain, anyway.

Napsto
05-28-2001, 10:31 PM
i think fuddruckers is nasty, at least the one in burbank is!

Doodle Duck
05-29-2001, 09:02 AM
I f Legoland can sell a TASTY & LARGE burger for $3.59 why can't The Mouse? Do we have to get ripped off on EVERYTHING always?
And McDonald's?? Horrible food even at .49 cents.

White Castle??? They would need a lot more restrooms! ;) :p

TecTalker2K
05-29-2001, 01:24 PM
Fuddruckers are nasty??

I think ODV could sell a lot more... BTW, where do they sell hot dogs? Other than Toon Town, I have never seen a Disney dog. Course.. I was not really looking for one either. Hey, are you happy to see me or is that a hot dog in your pocket?:)

RedSquirrel
05-30-2001, 01:46 AM
while im not going back to DL/DCA anytime soon, the prices in DCA for mcdonalds were a right rip off. Even the mcdonalds outside was more expensive than the others we had been to.

Id probably buy a bigmac meal if it was maximum $4. But they are charging like $7-$8 in DCA arnt they?

We just went without food all day, rather than spend over the top on food and drink.

LyricSaison
05-30-2001, 05:18 AM
Here in Boston a Big Mac Meal is $4.50 - how much is it elsewhere?
I'm always amused when I go to WDW (sorry, no DL yet - forgive me!) and hear people complaining about the cost of the food. It's only a little more than what I pay at home, maybe even the same when you go to some of the tourist restaurants here.

RedSquirrel
05-30-2001, 07:22 AM
well we were staying in downtown LA, and I think bigmac meals were about $3.20 or maybe even $3.50