PDA

View Full Version : Best Hubby Redux

rosie
08-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

If you've read my other posts you'll know that going to Disneyland is a dream come true for me. I had a rather difficult childhood and Disney always symbolized a magical safe haven.
I have been extremely fortunate in my adult life; I have two smart, beautiful, amazing daughters in their twenties, and a husband of twenty three years who is an incredible partner. Last Fathers day he gave [I]me[I] money for my Disney vacation-even though he's not going. I have been researching for this trip (in December) since March and I had made reservations for the Holiday Inn on Harbor. I was trying to be frugal while still treating myself to a hotel with room service;) . The Disney owned properties seemed out of my (financial) reach...but sigh...I secretly wished it were possible.
During an online search I found the PPH for an amazing price of $766 for five nights..still an incredible amount of money to me..but so much better than anything I'd seen before.
OH! I know you can all see where I'm going with this.....It's my birthday next week and the Man Of My Dreams said "Go for it!" And showed me where the money would come from!!!
Thank You! All of you! First for reading this, and secondly for being here and sharing in my love for "The Most Magical Place on Earth"!!
Rosie

doombuggy driver
08-25-2006, 08:21 PM
:)
Sometimes it's the little things that make people so amazing! Have fun!!!

annieb727
08-26-2006, 12:04 AM
YAY! I'm so excited you get to go to DL! It will be a lot of fun for you to stay in a disney hotel. and yes they are expensive...I have a very giving husband too - so on my solo trip in september I get to stay at the DLH for my first time ever b/c of him. Isn't it great to have a husband like that?

I'm so excited for you!! You mentioned your trip is in December - when in December are you going? December is such a magical time - with all the Christmas stuff! You will LOVE it!!

disneyhound
08-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Thats is real cool. I got to admit, I thought you were going to tell us that your traded in your hubby... LOL

Ragrobyn
08-26-2006, 10:18 AM
What a great story! I am very excited for you. Do EVERYTHING! And take 2000+ pictures.....that is what makes it great for me. That way on a bad day I can look at the pictres :) Give you camera to CM's and get them to take pictures of you on your Dream Vacation!

rosie
08-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Thank You all for your kind words. My daughter and I will be there December4th-December 9th.....I am just sooo excited!

tmptink
08-26-2006, 04:02 PM
That is great. I hope you have a blast which I know you will.