PDA

View Full Version : parks at capacity

Tink0706
05-08-2002, 09:26 AM
We currently have reservations at both the Candy cane Inn and the DL Hotel. The DL Hotel will cost about $50/night more. My fear is that the parks will reach capacity when we are there (July 2-4) and we won't be able to get in if we are not staying at a Disney hotel. Does this really happen?

adriennek
05-08-2002, 09:31 AM
yes, the park really reaches capacity-- but this is a VERY rare occurance.

If I'm remembering correctly, it happened during the farewell season of MSEP and New Year's Eve 1999 (either that or everyone worried that it would.)

July 4th will be crowded but I doubt it will reach capacity and close the gates to new guests.

If you're worried about it, save the $50/night and just plan to be at the gates on July 4 early in the day (before noon), but I wouldn't worry about it.

Adrienne K

Ghoulish Delight
05-08-2002, 09:36 AM
It definitely reached capacity for the MSEP farewell, and I a CM said it reach capacity on Christmas day 2 years ago. But it is indeed a rare occurance. You won't be turned away.

RideMax Mark
05-08-2002, 09:40 AM
I agree. Just get there early and you shouldn't have any problem.

HBTiggerFan
05-08-2002, 10:02 AM
And if DL is at capitacy you could always go over to DCA where it will be significantly less crowded.

mikala
05-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Hello,

In my opinion the extra 50.00 is worth the experience. Being on the property, non-stop magic, and also having package delivery to the rooms are all major +++. Have a great time.

Ace
05-08-2002, 05:44 PM
I seriously doubt that, if you get there at opening, you won't get in.

adriennek
05-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by mikala
In my opinion the extra 50.00 is worth the experience. Being on the property, non-stop magic, and also having package delivery to the rooms are all major +++. Have a great time.

Just a clarification, package delivery to the rooms is no longer available. Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix wrote about this (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer020225.htm) in February.

You can take your packages to the Package Express drop off by the Main Gate of DL to have them deliver it to the bell desk of your hotel, but you get to take it to the newstand yourself (not just leave it at the store) and it only goes to a desk at your hotel where you have to pick it up later.

Adrienne K