PDA

View Full Version : Black socks at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

barely
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
What about wearing (or not) black socks with sandals at DL? Seems I saw a thread about it a while back, but I can't find it now. What was that all about?

rentayenta
08-24-2006, 02:32 PM
What about wearing (or not) black socks with sandals at DL? Seems I saw a thread about it a while back, but I can't find it now. What was that all about?

I don't remember the thread but I vote no no no socks with sandals. Try doing a search.

adriennek
08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
zombie pirate doesn't (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=903618&highlight=black+socks#post903618) like them (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=892307&highlight=black+socks#post892307).

Adrienne

08-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Maybe this should be merged with the Shame on Adults thread? :p

Crazy4DL
08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Maybe this should be merged with the Shame on Adults thread? :p

ROTFLMHO!!!! :p

disneyperson
08-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Black socks with black high tops - yes

Black socks (or any socks for that matter) with sandals - no

JookyG
08-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Is it okay if I'm also wearing sock garters, plaid shorts, a souvenir plastic visor from my previous vacation, and I have three cameras hanging around my neck?? ;)

Tinkermommy
08-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm soooo guilty of the sock thing! The first year we had our passes, I made the mistake of wearing slides (flip flops without the toe thing) to the park. It didn't take long for my feet to start seriously hurting.

I searched every store in Disneyland, and one even called the World of Disney, but none had tennis shoes even close to my size to buy. I bought some socks to wear while trying to see if I could get away with buying some that were too big, and discovered that with the socks on, my feet didn't hurt in the slides. I finally gave up on finding the tennies and wore Eeyore socks all day with my floral print pants -- and slides.

We ended up buying a pic that a Disneyland photographer took of us that day, so I now have photographic evidence of my lapse in taste...LOL!!

disneyperson
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Is it okay if I'm also wearing sock garters, plaid shorts, a souvenir plastic visor from my previous vacation, and I have three cameras hanging around my neck?? ;)
Yes, because then you'd be the official "Geeky Tourist" character and people could get their photos taken with you.

DianeM
08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
It's not only not okay at DL, it's not okay anywhere, ever. Sandals are... sandals. The only people who wear socks with sandals are people who wear birkenstocks year round, and then only during the winter. And they look sort of geeky when they do it - but anybody who wears birkenstocks year round probably doesn't care if they look geeky. And they never wear black socks. Generally, they are heavy duty wool in some kind of earth tone.

My husband immigrated from Canada, and was astonished at the number of people in California wearing sandals. I never could get him into them, though... until we went to Hawaii for the first time. As we were walking to the beach, he looked at me and said "let's go buy some sandals". He mostly wears them when we are on vacation, but he does still wear them. Without socks.

On the other hand... hey, if it's comfortable... well, if nothing else, it gives the natives something to giggle about.

DianeM
08-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Eeyore socks are ALWAYS appropriate at disneyland. And pain negates all fashion rules.

I finally gave up on finding the tennies and wore Eeyore socks all day with my floral print pants -- and slides.

We ended up buying a pic that a Disneyland photographer took of us that day, so I now have photographic evidence of my lapse in taste...LOL!!

disneyperson
08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Eeyore socks are ALWAYS appropriate at disneyland. And pain negates all fashion rules.
True. If it's a choice between socks and blisters, wear those socks and be proud.

Rockchalker
08-24-2006, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=Tinkermommy]I'm soooo guilty of the sock thing! The first year we had our passes, I made the mistake of wearing slides (flip flops without the toe thing) to the park. It didn't take long for my feet to start seriously hurting.

QUOTE]

Should have been wearing crocs! ;) ;) ;) ;)

mulansgirl
08-24-2006, 04:26 PM
JookyG I lurve that. I am actually laughing, and if I wasn't alone in my home people would be able to hear it. Thank you, that was good. Me much amused.

disneyhound
08-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Don't forget a fanny pack that says "Las Vegas" on it... :D

adriennek
08-24-2006, 05:26 PM

Only if you walk up to a CM while standing in front of the castle, in the shadow of the Matterhorn and ask the CM "Where's Magic Mountain?"

Adrienne

honeymoon @disney
08-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Haha, this thread would be my mom's forte... she's adamant that black socks with sandals is never alright! Apparantly its "the regular-guy look". I don't care as much, but it seems kinda redundant to me: isn't the point of sandals to get rid of socks? And with the heat, black anything seems impractical.

Crazy4DL
08-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Amen to that!

And yes, JookyG, you be just fine! :D

;)

barely
08-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Okay, so I get the no sock thing. But, like, I mean if I wear black socks with my black walking shoes to DL, would people be like snickering behind my back or anything?

barely
08-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh, I almost forgot...white socks with black walking shoes...yea or nay?

rentayenta
08-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay, so I get the no sock thing. But, like, I mean if I wear black socks with my black walking shoes to DL, would people be like snickering behind my back or anything?

They are fine with closed toe shoes. :)

No on the question above.

ETA: I wear things at Disneyland that I would never wear anywhere else such as my Minnie Mouse purse and Mickey hat. I say wear what's comfy! I have been seen wearing Tink gloves and scarf even. ;)

stowasser
08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I guess you are going for the tourist from the 50's theme with black socks and sandals......Such a hoot, worst thing is socks with sandals unless it is absolutely necessary like your feet has blister but I prefer tennis shoes and nice cotton socks. I don't like people walking on my feet....got this funny pic in my mind with the plaid shorts, black socks and sandals, funky glasses and hat.....LOL:D

Hakuna Makarla
08-24-2006, 07:25 PM
wear what ever you feel comfortable with. do not worry what others .

Hakuna Makarla
08-24-2006, 07:26 PM
what do you care? I get tireed of people being the cloths police. wear what you want, I have seen worse, in disneyland and out. its a happy place remember, so no worries.

june1st1997
08-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Brilliant. I bet the pic is great.

And really who hasn't been at Disneyland having made a bad apparel/ footwear choice (the shoes)?