PDA

View Full Version : School and Fall Break...

talie95
08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone else's kids have a Fall Break at school. We had planned a dl trip on oct.3&4 and my dd just started kindergarten and when I looked at their school calender I found out they have a "fall break" from Oct. 2-6. That was great b/c I won't have to take her out of school for the trip but now I'm worried about it being crowded if others have a fall break too. We live in santa clarita(northern L.A. - but not a part of Los Angeles Unified School District) and my dd is in the Saugus Union School District. I grew up in So. Cal and never had a fall break growing up so it kind of surprised me.

disneyperson
08-24-2006, 01:21 PM
I've never heard of a Fall Break. Is it a year round program?

annieb727
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM
that weekend of Oct 7-9 will be VERY busy - it is a three day weekend (Columbus Day), CHOC Walk, and Gay Days will all be that weekend. Will probably bring in a TON of people. Maybe starting on the 6th (Friday)

But the rest of the week before should be fairly small crowd-wise

talie95
08-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I've never heard of a Fall Break. Is it a year round program?
No it isn't but we do go back a little earlier than most school districts in the area. Our 1st day of school was Aug. 16th. My mom works for LAUSD and they don't go back till after labor day so I guess that's where we make up the time.
And Disneyperson - I see you're from Sac......I lived there for about 3 years - that's where I met my hubby!

doombuggy driver
08-24-2006, 01:36 PM
We have fall break in AZ. Our school district has it Oct 9-13.We will be there from the 7th to the 10th and it will be very busy thanks to the multiple events that are going on that weekend. Oh well, our AP's expire on the 10th and we don't have much choice as to when we can go. I think we will still have a lot of fun!!!!

disneyperson
08-24-2006, 01:38 PM
No it isn't but we do go back a little earlier than most school districts in the area. Our 1st day of school was Aug. 16th. My mom works for LAUSD and they don't go back till after labor day so I guess that's where we make up the time.
And Disneyperson - I see you're from Sac......I lived there for about 3 years - that's where I met my hubby!
Yup, I like it here. Our schools don't start until the day after Labor Day. It's neat that you can plan an Oct. trip without taking you little one out of school. Hope you have a great time.

talie95
08-24-2006, 02:38 PM
We have fall break in AZ. Our school district has it Oct 9-13.We will be there from the 7th to the 10th and it will be very busy thanks to the multiple events that are going on that weekend.
I guess we're lucky we're going the week before all those events. But even if it's more crowded we can't wait!! It's gonna be a blast!

hjschulz
08-24-2006, 02:57 PM

disney jones
08-24-2006, 03:19 PM
We have fall break in AZ. Our school district has it Oct 9-13.We will be there from the 7th to the 10th and it will be very busy thanks to the multiple events that are going on that weekend. Oh well, our AP's expire on the 10th and we don't have much choice as to when we can go. I think we will still have a lot of fun!!!!
I just made our camping reservations at Doheny Oct 11-14th today - another Arizona family on the way. it'll be our 3rd year in a row. i was going to skip fall break this year and just go fot the DCA MNSSH event.

but then i heard about the resort's plans for Halloween. end. of. story.

so we'll be making two Oct trips again this year . :rolleyes:

fyi DP, we started school here Aug 7th, and end in the 3rd week of May. its just our normal school year.

allye
08-24-2006, 07:00 PM
We live in San Diego and our son 10 years old goes to Year around school. Their first break is September 18- October 9. There are also Year around Middle & High school, most are out on break same time. In the past we have gone to Disneyland It hasn't been that bad Nothing like the summer crowd .We all agree we will go back to Disneyland in September or October next time.

doombuggy driver
08-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Our school is not year round. We started Monday (August 21) and we end June 6th. We have 1 week of fall break, 2 weeks winter break, and 1 week of spring break. It is great! We usually get to go during all of our breaks. This year we cannot afford to renew our passes:crying: so we are going in October and don't know when we will come back again. I will be one sad girl during winter and spring break if we do not get to go.

Disneymommy
08-27-2006, 02:43 PM
We are also from AZ and our kids have fall break the week of 10/16-10/20.

wenderella
08-27-2006, 05:17 PM
In Utah, kids are out for UEA (Teacher's Convention) October 11th - 13th. That means they all head to Disneyland - Watch out! We'll be there!:D

rentayenta
08-27-2006, 05:26 PM
My kids go off track September 22nd and go back October 16th. We won't be going to DL until December.