PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Jasmine Costume?

Abigail's Uncle
08-23-2006, 09:36 PM
This is kind of a wacky question I know, but here goes: my female friend who's attending MHT is planning on going as Jasmine. Trouble is, she really doesn't like the Disney Store costume for adults. What she loves is the costume that the Jasmines in the park wear; she wanted me to ask if there's any possible way to buy one of those costumes, or if anyone knows of a costume that more approximates the Disneyland Jasmine outfit.

I know it's a kooky question, but any help is much appreciated!

flipboitwo3
08-23-2006, 11:17 PM
im not sure bout that, but u can prolly buy the adult one and alter it?

CmHyperion
08-23-2006, 11:22 PM
I know what you mean. The Jasmine costumes that I see kids wearing (light green) is almost a different color compared to what the Jasmine wears in the show (dark green). I beleve the adult costume isn't even a shade of green, it is purple. I highly doubt you will be able to get a costume like the ones that you see the characters wearing in the park, for obvious reasons.
http://www.laughingplace.com/files/AttGuide/ATTA-DCA-ENT-ALADDIN/01.JPG
http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/19/fb/eb_1.JPG

geoffa
08-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Why not buy the adult purple one - take it apart and then cut the peices from a dark green fabric and make up. A fairly good seamstress should be able to do this for you. (Adult costume costs $49.95)

backsthepack
08-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Do an "Adult Halloween Costume" search on google. I have been costume shopping lately and have seen some costumes like Jasmines but are obviously not called that as they are not Disney related. Maybe she can find what she is looking for.

dlandnut
08-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Can you buy Jasmine costumes at Triple AAA Tent and Awning, lol? :)

Tinker Bell
08-24-2006, 10:03 AM
I have a question Can adults wear costume to the mickey event? I know you can not get into the DL/ DCA dressed on reg days.

MammaSilva
08-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Adults can wear them to the event but that's the only time it's allowed. As for the jazmine costume, try googling for belly dancing costumes...you should be able to find the look you want.

disneyperson
08-24-2006, 10:15 AM
There are gorgeous costume patterns available in any fabric store. Your friend can pick the pattern and fabric she wants and either make it herself or hire someone to do it.

mulansgirl
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
your friend might like Simplicity pattern #0634 costumes for adults it seems to be out of print, but she might be able to find it on ebay or they might have old patterns at fabric stores. it is a belly dancing / India type pattern. you should be able to even make it off the picture it does not look too complicated. the shoes might be fun to work out, but the rest should be fairly simple in construction. nice baloon pants with a low waist and a simple shirt or "bodice". You need a soft flowing material so it all hangs right. Good luck.