PDA

View Full Version : Can you still get a brick in the Esplanade?

The old man
08-23-2006, 04:10 PM
And what is the cost and procedure?

kandyk
08-23-2006, 07:09 PM
I purchased one last year Sept-Oct time, it was installed in the esplanade in February. It costs $150 and you call 800-760-3566. They take all your information over the phone. You can also purchase a smaller replica to have at your home for an extra $35. I am not sure if they are still taking orders but last time I was at DL it looked like there was still plenty of room.

Hope this helps!

DadandFamily
09-22-2006, 01:12 PM
To commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, a commemorative paving stone (http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x3927436e2)has been created featuring a bronze medallion of "The Happiest Homecoming On Earth" logo. Below the logo, Guests may personalize their stone with up to three lines of script and a maximum of 16 characters per line. Guests can include their name, birthday or other special date." These commemorative stones will be located in a special Esplanade area.
For more details, call Disneyland at 1-800-760-3566 or email dl.bricks@disney.com. You can also order them at the Newsstand, at City Hall, or Guest Services at the Disneyland Resort. Cost: $150. You can buy a replica for $35 plus tax. They may also be purchased as gifts. (Source: Promotional email from DisneylandŽ Resort, 01/18/05)

Discount for APs? 10% discount for premium APs only

When will sale end? The 50th anniversary logo will no longer be offered after September 30, 2006!!! You can still buy commemorative paving stone after September 30th, but without the 50th logo.

tonytone
09-22-2006, 02:35 PM
I ordered mine back in early June 2006, and just recently (less than two weeks ago) received my replica stone.

Anyone know if this means the actual stone has been installed already or will be installed shortly after the replica has been shipped to the purchaser? It would be a nice surprise if we were to go down to DL in October and find that our stone is already in place...especially while the 50th medallion is still nice and shiny! FWIW--in the paperwork (mailed to you some time after purchase) that tells you where exactly in the Esplanade your stone will be installed, it stated that our stone was scheduled to be installed sometime in November 2006, assuming no complications.

Also FWIW--as long as the order hasn't yet been sent out for the stone to be created, it is possible to make changes to your order (e.g., name changes, etc.) after having placed it; I know because I asked for a minor change in the inscription after having received the certificate and they were more than willing to accomodate me.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-22-2006, 03:24 PM
I wonder!!! I'd love one.

mowsluver
09-22-2006, 05:33 PM
So you think if I order a brick this weekend it may be in place in Feb?

I want to get one for my daughter & son (in-law). Their first anniversary is coming up soon.

They are both United States Marines and he is shipping to Iraq in Feb and she will be going within 3 months of him and I would love for them to be able to see it before they go....

disneyhound
09-22-2006, 05:55 PM
...in the paperwork (mailed to you some time after purchase) that tells you where exactly in the Esplanade your stone will be installed, it stated that our stone was scheduled to be installed sometime in November 2006, assuming no complications...
If you post your location, some fellow padder, might take notice next time they are in the esplanade... I can check in early 2007! :p We saw our brick in January, it was really great!

tonytone
09-22-2006, 08:06 PM
So you think if I order a brick this weekend it may be in place in Feb?

I want to get one for my daughter & son (in-law). Their first anniversary is coming up soon.

They are both United States Marines and he is shipping to Iraq in Feb and she will be going within 3 months of him and I would love for them to be able to see it before they go....
Hard to say--I think they install them in groups of who knows how many (probably a fairly large number, I would think); I'm not saying that this is fact, but it would make sense since it would be a bit more economical to install a whole bunch of them at a time, rather than just a handful. Also, I think the weather might have a little something to do with when they can install the stones...

In any case, it would be a nice touch for them to be able to see the stone before they leave for deployment...in which case, you should order it now...especially if you're looking to include the 50th medallion on the stone. "Worse" case scenario would be that the odds might be pretty favorable that they'll be able to at least see the replica (if you choose to order one along with the actual stone) if you place the order now.

DadandFamily
09-23-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm headed to DL tomorrow to order a CPS (commemorative paving stone) to ensure we get the Special 50th Medallion on the stone because in fifty years, I want my kids to take their kids to the 100th year of Disney's opening and show them our 50th Medallion.

You are allowed three lines of script with up to 16 characters per line. They say that memorials, company names, nicknames, slogans or salutations are not permitted, but I've seen some. Before we purchase, we're going to look at some of the stones to get an idea of what to put on the stone.

Question: Is Disney obligated to keep the stones in place forever or can Disney remove them at Disney's discretion or do they guarentee a fixed amount of time the stones are in the ground?

SneakyStella
09-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Question: Is Disney obligated to keep the stones in place forever or can Disney remove them at Disney's discretion or do they guarentee a fixed amount of time the stones are in the ground?

They guarantee the stone will be there for ten years, after that they can pull them up.

Enjoy!

DadandFamily
09-23-2006, 08:47 AM
They guarantee the stone will be there for ten years, after that they can pull them up. Enjoy!

Ten years does not seem that long of time. Do they have to offer you a chance to retrieve the stone for a keep sake if they pull it up?

mowsluver
09-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I actually do not want the 50th Medallion, I want to get their wedding date put on it, with wedding bells or just Mickey....

Because they will both be leaving (and in different areas) it is hard to get them anything because they cannot take it with them. So this memory of the wedding date will be cool!

I had also wanted to put USMC on it but I was informed that I cannot do that.

mypupmickey
10-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Ten years does not seem that long of time. Do they have to offer you a chance to retrieve the stone for a keep sake if they pull it up?

I have a brochure in my hand right now and this is what it says:
("Sponsor" is you, the purchaser of the stone.)

As the Disneyland Resort is ever-changing, Sponsor agrees that the stone and/or the walkway may be replaced or relocated within the Disneyland Resort, the walkway may be temporarily closed, access to the walkway may be restricted and/or construction of the walkway may be discontinued, all at Disney's sole discretion and all without advance note to the Sponsor or any liability to Disney.

Sponsor agrees that the stone may be permanently removed. If the stone is permanently removed prior to or on the tenth anniversary of its sponsorship, Sponsor's only right or remedy shall be to receive a refund of the Sponsorship Fee. If the stone is removed after the tenth anniversary of its sponsorship. Sponsor shall not be entitled to any rights or remedies for such removal including, but not limited to, no rights to monetary damages or to require that the stone or the walkway be maintained, repaired, replaced, removed or relocated.