PDA

View Full Version : upgrading to AP using free tickets

livinglighthouse
05-08-2002, 06:17 AM
I'm considering buying AP's (after I just went in December and didn't....DUMB!) and I'm wondering if I'm using their current promotion of the "kids get in free" when I go to upgrade to the AP do I get credit for those or am I going to have to buy the AP for the full price??? Ihope that makes sense.......

bluebayou
05-08-2002, 06:50 AM
I believe that you will have to buy them for full price and NOT use the kid's FREE admission (why would Disney take money you did not spend and subtract it from the money they charge?) I hope that is the answer you are looking for to your question. My only other take on your question is that you are asking whether you can apply December's admission - the answer to that is also no. I do believe however that any admission you pay for can be upgraded. The APs are worth the price though - if you are looking to save some money - buy 1 premium and the rest deluxe and that will help.

Lani
05-08-2002, 09:04 AM
You are confusing yourself by using the wrong yardstick with which to measure this.

Disneyland does not apply the credit of "one ticket towards an AP," it applies DOLLAR AMOUNTS of what you have already paid. That is, if you paid $42 to get in, they will deduct $42 from whatever AP you want to buy. If you paid $0, then they will deduct $0.

livinglighthouse
05-08-2002, 10:47 AM
So how do they know what I paid for the ticket?? If you buy a package and they give you kids tickets free along with the adult tickets, how do they know if you paid for them or not? Are they coded somehow....

tabacco
05-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Hehe... yep :)

Look at the number on the top right of your ticket. If there's a dash followed by another number at the end, that number (after the dash) is the price you paid.

For example:

######-003300 means you paid $33.00

Non-promotional tickets don't have this.

Ghoulish Delight
05-08-2002, 10:57 AM
[deleted post...Tobaco had better info than I and posted a the same time]

funnygarcia
05-09-2002, 04:04 PM
My travel pkg just came, on the back of the free kids ticket read "complimentary / kids free promotion" .... they also scan the little black magnetic strip to see what price you paid ... last yr I read that APs received free one day kid passes - who knows they might do it again this yr- thats one less day to pay for ur kids when u return ... I'm hoping they offer that deal again by March 2003 when we come for next yr!