PDA

View Full Version : Premium AP questions...

adamvonwillis
08-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I couldnt find this info on the web yet...

1. I am going to DL in October for my 1 year anniversary and my wife and I are going to get PAP's (Yay!) (YIPPIE!!!) and we wanna stay at the Disneyland Hotel as well and get the PAP discount. Now then... We obviously don't want to get the PAP's until the first day so how would we get the discount for the hotel?

2. Also, can you get a PAP's before you get to the resort? And if we do want to get them on our first day at the park... where do you go to get them?

THANK YOU!!!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

annieb727
08-23-2006, 10:06 AM
i believe you have to have the AP at checkin

Mommy2NicknMax
08-23-2006, 10:08 AM
You can get APs from Disneyland.com or at The Disney Store. You'll get a voucher (ours looked like a credit card) that you take to the Bank on Main Street and then you get your AP. Or you can purchase it at the ticket booths when you get there. As for the hotel, I'm not sure but I would guess you can call and get the AP rate and then show them your AP when you check in.

june1st1997
08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
I did the exact same thing... When you call to make the reservation give the cast member the lowdown. They are always very helpful... But this is the way I rememeber it:

Drop bags with Bellman at DLH. They will gladly hold for you. My experience is you won't be checking in till 3 anyway. Go to ticket booth outside the park. Buy PAP. Go into park and get pic taken... DO THIS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. You will get your PAP then. Then go check in with your pass.

Again, I found the castmembers VERY helpful when we did this (it was 4 years ago, but I rememeber it this way).

Also when you purchase your PAPs for I think for $3 you can buy plastic holders for your pass that hang artound your neck. If you like to park hop like we do... It's very convenient.

Happy Anniversary! Have a great time.

Osky
08-23-2006, 01:40 PM
I have done this very thing the first time we got passes. I was up front with them, and they were very helpful. They let me check in, and told me to come back before the end of the day with my pass, otherwise the system would not give me the discount. I came back to the front desk in the evening and showed them the pass. You can also buy tickets and passes at the hotel when you check-in. No need to go to the ticket booth.

adamvonwillis
08-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Thank you so much for the information annieb727, Mommy2NicknMax, june1st1997, and grundler! I can't wait!!!

disney jones
08-23-2006, 03:48 PM
just a tip - unless you both consider going a lot on the DAP block out days (like Summer Saturdays and Christmas week), or alone with out the sposue, consider buying just one PAP, and the other one a DAP.

after all, you only need one PAP for discounts and free parking.

just a thought - if this doesn't apply, then never mind.

Disneymademoiselle
08-23-2006, 09:55 PM
While we're on the PAP topic, can I get a discount on park tickets for family/friends that aren't passholders? I'm going to assume that's not possible, but miracles do happen;)

Darkbeer
08-23-2006, 10:03 PM
While we're on the PAP topic, can I get a discount on park tickets for family/friends that aren't passholders? I'm going to assume that's not possible, but miracles do happen;)

On occasion, Disney does offer AP holders special deals called "Bring A Friend", which offer certain discounts on short term tickets for guests (need to show your AP at the booth to buy them). Currently no such offers are being made.

Disneymademoiselle
08-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the info, Darkbeer!!!:)

tonytone
08-28-2006, 08:26 AM
just a tip - unless you both consider going a lot on the DAP block out days (like Summer Saturdays and Christmas week), or alone with out the sposue, consider buying just one PAP, and the other one a DAP.

after all, you only need one PAP for discounts and free parking.

just a thought - if this doesn't apply, then never mind.
True, but one PAP cannot be shared among you and your spouse if both of you were contemplating going to DLR alone, as far as entry into DL or DCA itself is concerned...not unless the CM at the gate is lax about verifying the identity of the PAP holder (matching against photo on the PAP).

I guess some CMs might be lax on verifying PAP identities, but others aren't as lax--I know this firsthand 'cuz when I attempted to use my PAP to obtain a discount on merchandise that my mother-in-law was going to pay for w/ her credit card, I was told that that was not allowed--if I wanted to use the discount on a purchase and selected to pay using CC, the CC had to be in the PAP's name.

I'm not insinuating that anyone here would consider perpetrating this type of "misuse", so please don't take the above the wrong way.

kohl
08-28-2006, 02:50 PM
I have the PAP while my hubby and 2 kids have a DAP. We usually stay on property so we don't really care about the free parking. I am the one who usually pays for everything so we don't have problems with the discounts.
It really works out great for us because we don't go when the DAP has a blockout date.

Osky
08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I guess some CMs might be lax on verifying PAP identities, but others aren't as lax--I know this firsthand 'cuz when I attempted to use my PAP to obtain a discount on merchandise that my mother-in-law was going to pay for w/ her credit card, I was told that that was not allowed--if I wanted to use the discount on a purchase and selected to pay using CC, the CC had to be in the PAP's name.

One clever way around this if you are staying on site, is to have everything billed to your room. If you hold the PAP, get the room in your name. Present your room charge and your PAP for the discount. Go to the front desk with your mother-in-law, and ask them to put X dollars from your your room bill on your mother-in-law's charge card.

Alyssa3467
08-28-2006, 11:53 PM
You could also have the person who in the end will be paying for the merchandise purchase Disney Dollars with their credit card, give them to the person eligible for the discount, and have said person present the Disney Dollars as payment for the merchandise in question.

Malcon10t
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Or, you go to Main Street bank, have the person get a gift card using their credit card, and now its not an issue, you pay with the gift card and get the discounts.

PrettyPrettyPrincess
08-29-2006, 03:46 PM
I couldnt find this info on the web yet...

1. I am going to DL in October for my 1 year anniversary and my wife and I are going to get PAP's (Yay!) (YIPPIE!!!) and we wanna stay at the Disneyland Hotel as well and get the PAP discount. Now then... We obviously don't want to get the PAP's until the first day so how would we get the discount for the hotel?

2. Also, can you get a PAP's before you get to the resort? And if we do want to get them on our first day at the park... where do you go to get them?

THANK YOU!!!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

If you are going to stay at the Disneyland hotel and you book through the Central Room reservations (714) 956-6425.

1. You can add the Annual Passes to your room reservation and recieve a discount.

2. And you can recieve an APH discount as long as you show a valid annual pass before you check out.

I highly suggest adding it to your reservation before had and then you won't have to wait in line at the box office you will just pay for your Annual Passes at check in

tonytone
08-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Boy, did you folks make me feel stupid or what for not figuring out how to use a PAP discount while paying with someone else's money??? ;) ;) ;) Why didn't I think of those ideas--which BTW are excellent ones...thanks!!!! :cool:

But my solo DAP/PAP caveat is still valid...

disney jones
08-31-2006, 11:32 PM
But my solo DAP/PAP caveat is still valid...i thought i made myself clear on that point in my post,
unless you both consider going a lot on the DAP block out days (like Summer Saturdays and Christmas week), or alone with out the sposue, consider buying just one PAP, and the other one a DAP.but i guess not and you are correct nonetheless.

an interesting thing happened to me this year - when we renewed, they sent us the APs, but my 7-yr old daughter was the PAP, and i'm now the DAP. i called DLR immeidatly about it, and you guessed it - it was my mistake :rolleyes: (and it was), not theirs.

they told me: (1) i could just go to AP process center and get it fixed .... but we'd end up with the generic first time buyers AP, but not the cool new Mickey one for renewers :| - i didn't like that idea (i like my Mickey AP! :D ), so .... (2) the AP center on the phone said not to matter, they'll accept the PAP discount since it's my child, and a lot of parents make their child the PAP anyways :confused: cuz they go more :confused: . in other words, the AP said, "no big deal" as far as discounts go - i'll get them if my daughter is there, with me.

well.... that's not the case about 50% of the time this summer over ten trips.

My experience has been:

(a) DLR is laxer about giving discounts than DCA in this case (but watch out for the TL CM lady at the Pin store there - she's a stickler.) Either (a) the DCA retial management expects/enforces/standardizes the official policy more or (b) DCA just lacks the cutomer-focused friendly atttitude Disneyland CMs IN GENERAL have.

(b) as mentioned, using cash from a 7 yr old (affectionately nicknamed by me now "Miss Premium AP") works the best. But one dude retail CM gave me a hard time about me physically handing the cash to my daughter right in front of him! :mad: :rolleyes: whatever, dude. so to be safe, hand the cash to the PAP before even getting into the store.

(c) opposed to a cash transaction from the PAP being the "best", the "worst" is using a DAP's credit card (mine) in conjunction with the PAP's discount. Again, my own personal experience is, this is easier to do at Disneyland (possible) than DCA (impossible).

(d) i learned to do a workaround for (c) above. (I hate divulging my "DLR secret's" here on a message board", but in this case i'll make an exception)
Don't hand the PAP and DAP credit card to the CM together at the same time - show them the card with PAP, get your discount, then when you get it back in your wallet, hand them the DAP's credit card - unless they are paying close attention, you'll get your PAP discount with the DAP's credit card.

So bottom line - make sure you check the renewal boxes right for who you want to have what kind of pass, use cash from the PAP and give it to them before going into the store, and don't triust the AP center's information.