PDA

View Full Version : When Is "it's a small world" Closing For The Holiday Refurb?

Monte Cristo
08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Have dates been confirmed for IASW's holiday makeover? I know it normally opens on November 11th but I was wondering when it's going to close.

DisneyMa
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
would love to know as well! :)

Thanks in advance

PAPACITO
08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
What is IASW?

Darkbeer
08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
What is IASW?

"iasw" is "it's a small world"

hapafour
08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
According to the Disneyland Park Update on this website it shows that IASW will be closed October 23 thru Nov. 9 for installation of Christmas overlay. Too bad, our first day at the Disneyland resort will be October 23. Last year we were there the first week of November. My 4 kids haven't seen IASM for a while.

bookcrazymama
08-23-2006, 05:50 PM
According to the Disneyland Park Update on this website it shows that IASW will be closed October 23 thru Nov. 9 for installation of Christmas overlay. Too bad, our first day at the Disneyland resort will be October 23. Last year we were there the first week of November. My 4 kids haven't seen IASM for a while.

That's our first day there too and I'm bummed IASW will be closed. This is my kids first trip to DL and my son has been listening to the theme park music for a couple weeks now and IASW is his favorite song. Plus, it's the "Ahhh.... I'm at Disneyland..." ride for me. You know, the ride you ALWAYS ride and it isn't a trip to DL w/o going on that ride. Oh well, at least we'll get to see the Haunted Mansion decorated for Halloween! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Is this still the case? That IASW will be open around November 11? Any cast members out there that can confirm?? :) Thanks!

Darkbeer
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
That is easy to confirm, the refurb is listed at Disneyland.com, and the refurb is timed to match up with the start of the Christmas season.

The ride should open on Friday, November 10th barring a MAJOR problem. A couple of years ago, they were running late, so the ride opened as scheduled, and they added few more decorations each night until it was finished.

tinker3
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
I know the odds are slim to none, but I wish it would open a few days earlier. We will be there until Nov. 5th and would love to see it. I have only seen it once and that was a couple years ago, but it was open around the 1st week of Nov.