PDA

View Full Version : Last minute stuff

Glennbo
08-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Very excited as we are only 9 sleeps away from our next trip to DL.

Just a couple of things.............We arrive on friday 1 sept and are not planning to hit the park until Tuesday after labor day (Due to crowd numbers). Thought we would rent a car and do Seaworld and maybe the animal park on the weekend and of course the significant other also wants to shop.

So ......is tue wed thurs a good idea for DL, what rides are closed (lots of conjecture here) and where are the good shoping outlets around OC.

hlbtimes2
08-22-2006, 02:05 PM
I would try to get at least one weekend day in there so you can see the fireworks or F!.

DangerMouse
08-22-2006, 02:38 PM
I believe Sunday night will be the last night for the EP as well. :crying:

rentayenta
08-22-2006, 02:44 PM
I believe Sunday night will be the last night for the EP as well. :crying:

For how long?

ghoofie
08-22-2006, 02:48 PM
maybe the animal park on the weekend and of course the significant other also wants to shop.

Assuming you mean the wild animal park in San Diego..you can catch Maynard there Sat/Sun from 4-8 pm.

DangerMouse
08-22-2006, 02:52 PM
For how long?

Yet to be determined. . . for the season, I guess. Last year they brought it back during the Christmas peak season, and then again during Spring Break. But it seems they are only running it during the most peak times. It stinks, I know. :mad:

wwithers
08-22-2006, 03:07 PM
If you are going to the Wild Animal Park, I suggest that you go in the late afternoon. During the summer, the animal park gets scorching hot during the day, a lot of the animals are sleeping/hiding.

If you go later in the day, the animals are up and around plus, during the summer they are open until 9:00 and they have live music and fun stuff for the kids.

There is a premium outlet mall (can't think of the name) not terribly far from the WAP in Carlsbad. It is just off Palomar Airport Rd and the 5.

I would think that there is something similar in OC but I'm not nearly as familiar with that area.

bri23
08-22-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm also heading down the week following Labor Day but I will make sure I hit Monday and brave some potential big crowds for a couple of reasons. First the new schedule shows the Matterhorn will be open on Monday and closing on Tuesday. So that is a big thing to you it might be worth it. Also, fireworks go Monday night but not Tues-Thurs. The Parade of Dreams also runs in the day on Monday but then switches to night only for Tues-Thurs. I also think Snow White musical may be open on Monday and closing the rest of the week. So I'm hitting Monday, Tuesday - taking a break for the beach and stuff on Wed - back Wednesday night and all day Thursday. Not sure crowds will be all that bad on Monday anyway - lots of people heading home I hope.

Glennbo
08-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks Guys.........out of ignorance what or who is Maynard?

DangerMouse
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Not sure crowds will be all that bad on Monday anyway - lots of people heading home I hope.

That was our experience on Labor Day last year. Very nice day crowd-wise.

Tinkermommy
08-22-2006, 06:06 PM
If you are going to the Wild Animal Park, I suggest that you go in the late afternoon. During the summer, the animal park gets scorching hot during the day, a lot of the animals are sleeping/hiding.

I agree! We were there three weeks ago; fortunately on a day when it kind of drizzled all day so it kept the heat down. We took a ride on the train mid-day, and it was interesting. Went back just before sundown (in fact, the sun set while we were on the train) and it was incredible -- a totally different experience! The animals were everywhere, active, and we even got to see a baby giraffe running across the plain with the rest of the giraffes. Just amazing! I definitely recommend you take the train tour near sunset!

Shortly before we boarded the train, we stopped by Lemur Island, and I thought those little guys were gonna come home with us. They came out of the trees and kept following us as we walked around the island. It must have been nearing feeding time, because they were so interested in us! Sundown is an amazing time at the Wild Animal Park!

Oh...uh...to make it D'land related: Disneyland rocks!! (LOL)