PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Ride?

kdsmit07
08-22-2006, 11:40 AM
I did some searching and I didn't find a thread on this topic, but if there is. I am deeply sorry.

-What is your favorite ride in Disneyland and in California Anventure and why?

Disneyland---Space Mountain- The feeling of going so fast and not knowing where you are going makes it so exciting. Followed closely by Indiana Jones, but this ride needs some serious maintenance.

California Adventure--- Soarin' Over California- Who in the world thought of elavating people into an IMAX screen? The greatest concept and ride at DCA IMO. Followed by Tower of Terror, this being the same reason as Space Mountain.

Overall Order
1)Soarin' Over California
2)Space Mountain
3)Tower of Terror
4)Indiana Jones
Close Contenders
5)Haunted Mansion
6)Grizzly River Rapids
7)Splash Mountain

hg0079
08-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Soaring as it was very well done, passed expectations

Tower as it was a fun "story" with still the thrill

Maliboomer as it's a fun thrill and you can see the park

Rapids, as you get cooled and they did a good job with the twist down the big hill.

As for D Land

Space, as it still excites me and is in the dark

Buzzlightyear as it's not "Scary" and it's an interactive game

Pirates, You get a lot for the time you wait and it's a fun family ride.

kdsmit07
08-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the updated Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Monsters Inc. ride when I go in October. The Astro Blasters were a wonderful suprise as in, when I went a year ago, I had no idea what the ride was; and I loved it.

annieb727
08-22-2006, 01:42 PM
hmmm...my favorite ride....

well at DCA it's California Screamin' - I LOVE rollercoasters and I just love how smooth & fun it is.

at DL it's a toss up between Big Thunder and Space Mtn...

Big Thunder is my fav because when we were there last October, my then 3 year old wanted to go on the "Fast Train" - it ended up being so fun with him. I would hold onto him tightly and he would put his arms up and scream with a REALLY REALLY high pitched scream. We had so much fun together on it.

And Space Mtn, because I LOVE the whole roller coaster in the dark thing - it's so fast and fun

IdahoMike
08-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Annie, I'm with you. When we went in June, my 3 y/o also wanted to ride the "fast train" and ended up doing so 9 times. He told me which engine it was from his Thomas collection each time (we always seemed to ride Percy). He always made sure to walk up to the measuring stick with pride, to show that he was tall enough, so that is now one of my top 3 at DL. Indy and Pirates being the other 2.
In DCA, it is Soarin', no contest. 2nd and 3rd would be Screamin and TOT

Mike

Another Dimension
08-23-2006, 06:25 AM
As far as rides only...

At DL I love the Mountains, but I have to go with the ultimate HM / PoTC (tie/stalemate)! :D

At DCA I love Soarin' and Tower of Terror, but I have to go with Screamin'! :D

Buzz is by far my favorite new(er) ride attraction at the Resort.
Call me addicted!! :cool:

dlandnut
08-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Favorite Attractions:

DL: Pirates of the Carribbean, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan

CA: Soarin', A Bug's Life, and I LOVED BLAST!!! when it was a part of CA

:)

tigga please
08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
i love all the dark rides at DL, i really cant get enough of them.
but i would have to say my favorite ride in the park would have to be an even tie with space&splace mtn.

screaming and tot get my even split for DCA

OregonBoy1963
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Splash Mountain is my overall favorite--great theming, fun music and animatronic characters, thrill of the drop, and a chance to cool off. Soarin' is very cool too. If you haven't seen it, there's a great DVD from the History Channel on Disney World (Modern Marvels) and there's a segment on how they built Soarin'... the guy who came up with the idea for the hang-gliders built it out of an erector set. Pretty cool. Availabe from Netflix.

SactoGuy
08-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Disneyland

1. SplashMountain (After i ride it i have that song stuck in my head for weeks "how do you do...")
2. Space Mountain
3. Pirates of the Carribean
4. Toads wild Adventure
5. Thunder Mountain @ night

California Adventure

1. Tower of Terror (i like the theming)
2. California Screaming
3. Soarin

kdsmit07
08-23-2006, 11:26 AM
I LOVED the Matterhorn at ngiht, the Matterhorn is not one of my favorite rides, but riding it at night would move it up to number 6 on my list.

The Haunted Mansion Holiday is better than the Haunted Mansion IMO. I say this only because I haven't been on the Haunted Mansion in almost 11 years. So I don't really remember it, so on my list when I said The Haunted Mansion that is actually the Holiday version.