PDA

View Full Version : Tiffy's

hg0079
08-22-2006, 10:27 AM
We Walked Out

For the first time in our life, we walked out of a resturant!

Upon entering we were seated at a table with jelly and other stuff caked on. Our Server wiped the table then we took the rag and scrubbed and barely got the food off...

then our drinks didn't come and when the malt came that one of us ordered it was very runny (like chocolate milk) and no malt taste to it...the server brought more malt (uh malk like you would use on fish and chips though) we sent it back as it was gross for the price.

Then when we were about to order another waitress grabbed our server and made him seat a family before taking our order and didn't even address the fact that he was in the middle of talking to us, and he didn't even say excuse me I will be right bac.

When our food came, our side salads were brown and the ranch very runny, The Pasta was mush, the adult portion of pasta compared to the kids pasta was pathetic and the cheese burger had cheese that had "american" just plopped on not melted and the guacamole wasn't even anything but store bought paste, and the sandwich wasn't made correctly.

at this point my brother got up to talk to the manager when she came to the table and we told her we aren't eating this food and leaving and all the reasons why she said she had to talk to her waiter and would come back with her decicision (uh decission? we weren't going to pay...) when she came back she said she took care of the bill and we got up and left

We decided to come here because it looked like a fun place to grab our last meal with the "homemade" icecream. (we are from Portland and the icecream is homemade from the largest oregon icecream distributors Tillamook!)

Burnt Toast
08-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Um. That's Tiffy's for you. I've never heard of anything good from that place.

They were also the ones that raised a huge stink about the Anaheim Resort expansion and beautification project.

I've never sent Guests there when I worked at the DLH (even though I had no problems with sending Guests to Denny's or the Coco's across the street) or now as a concierge for the area GNH hotels.

Next time you come down to our neck of the woods, go to Hans. It's in Costa Mesa, across the street from South Coast Plaza, so it's a little far... but it's so worth it. Homemade ice cream and treats, huge sandwiches and salads. I try to go there for lunch every so often. Only takes cash though. :D

hg0079
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
yah we were so upset that by time we left and extremly hungary we couldn't let that be our last memory (we were going back to pack and sleep a few hours and then depart) so we ended up at Tony Roma's more than we wanted to spend originally but worth it! In fact we splurged there too and enjoyed it.

JookyG
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Tiffy's?? Where's that (so I can avoid it)? Is it on the Harbor "strip?" I've never heard of it, and I thought I knew the strip pretty well. At least the segment from HoJo to the crosswalk.

Heya, BT!

averagedork
08-22-2006, 06:42 PM
It's across the street from Coco's on Disney Way. I've always wanted to spot by but my friend keeps telling me not to.

Try Mari's. That's my favorite resturaunt in the area. It's on Katella and I think Walnut, next to the Curves (which I find funny). They have ginormous portions, great food, cheap beer (always a plus in my book), and from what I've heard they are a local favorite. I was always gun-ho for Spaghetti Factory until I went to Maris. So good.

MrsG
08-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Tiffy's is a dive and has been for a long time. Bad food and even worst service.

annieb727
08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
well i guess i should count myself blessed that i'd never heard of this place until now

JookyG
08-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Hmmm... maybe I'll just stay inside the bubble :D

ralphjr
08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow... that brings back memories. We went there once back when we used to stay at the old Heidi Motel and got the exact same type of service. I'm surprised that the place is still open after all of these years.

Awhile back, I had to write an essay of some kind about a business, television show or film that was horrible as a writing assignment. I chose Tiffy's and that became a fun in-joke with me and my friends- whenever we'd encounter bad service, we'd say 'At least we aren't at Tiffy's'.

-Ralph

hg0079
08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Wow... that brings back memories. We went there once back when we used to stay at the old Heidi Motel and got the exact same type of service. I'm surprised that the place is still open after all of these years.

Awhile back, I had to write an essay of some kind about a business, television show or film that was horrible as a writing assignment. I chose Tiffy's and that became a fun in-joke with me and my friends- whenever we'd encounter bad service, we'd say 'At least we aren't at Tiffy's'.

-Ralph

they are still around because they don't have to worry about repeat customers...new ones are oh just across the street.

ya we now have already been like "it can't be worse than Tiffy's!" and it's only been a few days.

ghoofie
08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Wow...they must have gone down hill. When I have stayed in Anaheim I would often drop by for a greek salad for lunch that was good. It's been a while. Sounds like I won't be there for lunch next month. :(

spectromen
08-23-2006, 03:06 PM
So pathetic that a place like that is allowed to thrive in a so-called resort area. I'd be curious to know what grade they got if OC had that system.

A second hoorah for Hans in Costa Mesa. Worth the drive. Homemade licorice ice cream is DELISH :cool:

BlkPearlCptn
08-27-2006, 09:03 AM
The OP sound's EXACTLY like my one and only visit there a number of years ago. Just add to it..."and then everyone in our party wound up in the Emergency Room with food poisoning."

Everytime I pass by, I am amazed that it is still there and still seems to have people waiting to get in. To quote The King from The King and I " 'Tis a puzzlement!"

Malcon10t
08-27-2006, 12:34 PM
We ate there July 13, 2005. It was horrible, and even though it was right next to the Anabella (where we were staying) we didn't eat there again the entire trip. I think the people who do eat there have to be first timers, cause it sure isnt for the food.

hg0079
08-28-2006, 09:12 AM
reading eveyones replies has made us so glad we stuck our ground and left...

at first I was wondering if we were just picky but nope!

notabrady
08-28-2006, 09:17 AM
We went there once last year, and from what I expereinced, it wasnt too pleasant.

For family eats, and if you're willing to drive a few miles north up Harbor Blvd, there are a few pretty good chain-restaurants near Harbor/Orangethorpe, including Ruby's, Chili's, Tony Roma's, and a little furhter, by the Fullerton Train Station, the Old Spagetti factory....

averagedork
08-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Where's the Chili's? Over on Orangethorpe and... past Magnolia there is a Fudruckers. Damn good food.

BlkPearlCptn
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Where's the Chili's? Over on Orangethorpe and... past Magnolia there is a Fudruckers. Damn good food.

*Homer Simpson Drool* Agggghhhhhhlllhhghghgh ....Fudruckers......!!!:D

The Little Mermaid
08-29-2006, 02:24 AM
For family eats, and if you're willing to drive a few miles north up Harbor Blvd, there are a few pretty good chain-restaurants near Harbor/Orangethorpe, including Ruby's, Chili's, Tony Roma's, and a little furhter, by the Fullerton Train Station, the Old Spagetti factory....
Where's the Chili's? Over on Orangethorpe and...

The nearest Chili's is on La Palma Ave. and Dale St. at the Buena Park Mall.

averagedork
08-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh, okay I know where that is. I thought it was right next to the Tony Roma's or something. Scratchin' my head.

Since I moved out here I have discovered the joys of La Palma's Chicken Pot Pies. Over on La Palma and I think Euclid. At my knitting circle we talk about the joys of that store, now I truly see it. SO GOOD!

The Little Mermaid
08-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Since I moved out here I have discovered the joys of La Palma's Chicken Pot Pies. Over on La Palma and I think Euclid.

Mmm ... La Palma Chicken Pie Shop!!! Less than $6 for a soup AND salad AND rolls AND entrée AND dessert!!! We really love that their sodas seem more carbonated than usual, too!

It's not for everyone though (it's the kind of place that's really popular with seniors). The food can be somewhat bland (but on every table they provide a shaker of their seasoned salt), the restaurant and its décor are old but kitschy in a fun way, and the staff can sometimes be gruff.

It's a great value though. If you order the pot pie be forewarned - it's not just little chunks or slices of chicken placed inside - it's a generous breast of chicken!!!

wardkimballfan
08-29-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm glad the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop (http://www.squeezeoc.com/squeezeoc/goingout/restaurants/article_651014.php) is still there. That place should be listed as a historical treasure in the city of Anaheim. Wonderful midcentury atmosphere and design, a genuine rarity that can still be enjoyed.

Photo of the place! - http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/html/lpchik.html

Photo of the food! - http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6493/piehj3.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=piehj3.jpg)

hg0079
08-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Yup we headed to Tony's after our Tiffy adventure. We went back to our hotel and said ok "give us something good" and it was on the list, mmmmmmm good!

notabrady
08-29-2006, 09:53 AM
My Bad. Had a brain freeze on that one. It's an El Torito Restaurant near Tony Romas..

PrettyPrettyPrincess
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
eeehhh the worst place would probably compare to Tiffy's was Captain Kidd's,
Me and my sister went there on Christmas Day .... It was gross. I should have just ate at the Inn between when i got to work that day. Worst service and and they sat us in the corner and forgot about us also. I would never suggest to go there either and that is right across the street from the resort.