PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian room locations

LytNnBug
08-21-2006, 09:36 PM
In prior threads there have been discussions about how far away some of the rooms are. Are the concierge rooms all in the same area and if so are they closer to the main gate or the farther rooms?

thanks!

Cat H
08-22-2006, 08:33 AM
I had a concierge room at GCH in May and all of the concierge rooms were spread out over the 6th floor. I had requested a Paradise Pier view room and when I got to my room it was a view of Grizzly rapids and it was kind of a long way from the elevator to the Grizzly room view. I was then moved to a Pardise Pier view that was closer to the elevators. I think how close you are to the elevators and exits all depends on what you view is and how lucky you are.

janell
08-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Last Dec. I was told that now, is concierge can be added to any room. I question it because I thought concierge was only on the 5th and 6th floor and I was given a room on the 4th floor.

kandyk
08-22-2006, 12:05 PM
We have stayed on the concierge floor twice now and yes they are just as spread out. Typically you are put on the 6th floor where the lounge is but I do know they put any over flow on the 4th floor because they over book for the concierge. Also you can add concierge at check to any room for an additional fee of I think $150 per night.

pisces
08-23-2006, 08:23 PM
You can see for yourself where all the rooms are located on the room map, which is on the DLresort info site--- there should be a room location map over there.

There's a secret stairwell, which I don't know if I'm supposed to mention or not, right below La Brea Bakery, I think, if I'm remembering it correctly.

The rooms that are closest to that stairwell, if you think you might be using that stairwell to exit....

I guess it's called the fire escape.....and it's really and truly the absolute closest exit out of the GCH...to the maingate, but again, you can only exit out through there. You can't enter back, unless someone leaves the door open, which I won't get into.

Other than that, if your concern is being near an elevator......the rooms closest to the lobby and great hall.

There's a Napa Rose elevator near the laundromat, I think, but that elevator only goes to certain floors, and I don't remember which, offhand.

The room location map should tell you what you need to know.

Wish I could link to that, when I find it!