PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Bar...

Pages : [1] 2

tigga please
08-21-2006, 10:15 AM
:D thank the mouse for the lost bar! :D
it never feels like a complete trip to DL without hitting the lost bar after the park closes. although it has caused us to miss some early entrances and free breakfasts ;) all in all, i love it. and ive met some really sweet park lovers as well! including a couple whos been celebrating each wedding anniversary for the past 40 years at the magic kingdom! how sweet is that?!

on our last visit, a couple friends met up with us in DT for some drinks, food, and good company. all but the good company was way too expensive for our late night tastes.... i think we spent over $40 bucks on one pitcher of margaritas :eek: so i opted for the lost bar. i highly recommend the chicken strips with ranch to anyone who has the late night munchies (lots of fries!)

anyways, on our walk back, our friend Nick swore he heard someone snoring..
i figured maybe he was hearing things but turns out he was right!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/dividedvocalist/Disney/New%20Treo/Photo_072306_006.jpg

heh. anyone else have any lost bar stories?

hefferdude
08-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Long time Lost Bar fans here. Great place to go to when the park closed early or when too tired to continue the park. Used to give our boys quarters to drive the boats while we listened to the band. Its very kid friendly. Munched chicken strips and fries. Used to be a trio that played there. Had a lady bass player. We really enjoyed them. Name?
They finally left after so many years. Miss them.:crying:

Syndrome
08-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Also LB fans here. We have a cabinet full of Lost Bar Daquari (sp?) glasses at home. :)

boots & saddles
08-21-2006, 09:43 PM
We'll have to check it out. We are staying 5 nights at the DL Hotel, and the Lost bar sounds like a perfect way to end the evening. Any drinks you recomend?

darph nader
08-21-2006, 09:49 PM
OK I want to be a Lost Bar fan. So where the heck is it???:cool:

Darkbeer
08-22-2006, 04:38 AM
OK I want to be a Lost Bar fan. So where the heck is it???:cool:

It is basically in the middle of the three Disneyland Hotel Towers, next to the Hook's Pointe Restaurant...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=382115

boots & saddles
08-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Is it open late? A little of adult time after the kids are alseep.

Darkbeer
08-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Lost Bar is open from Noon to 1:30 AM daily, Last call is around 1:15 AM.

(Food service ends at 10 PM)

tigga please
08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Lost Bar is open from Noon to 1:30 AM daily, Last call is around 1:15 AM.

(Food service ends at 10 PM)

the fuller menu of food stops at 10pm. i think after that, youre limited to either chicken strips or one other item that is escaping me...

pixiedust123
08-23-2006, 03:19 PM
All I have to say is Ron at the lost bar is at the top of my all-time bartender list. Love the guy!

tigga please
08-23-2006, 04:01 PM
nachos..i think the other late night food is nachos..

averagedork
08-23-2006, 04:33 PM
I like the lost bar. It's fun. I had something... some sort of tea... dang, strong but good. Their food is nice, it's a good vibe in there.

Tigga your friend Nick is cute.

sierranevada
08-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Going down there (at the DLH right now) in about 15 minutes to meet some friends before dinner at Hooke's!

disneyochem
08-23-2006, 05:52 PM
I always get the Lost Bar Margarita with a top shelp tequila. And, I have a cupboard full of the glasses as well! In fact, I have given them away as gifts (with a bottle of tequila) to some of my fellow Disney maniacs!

tigga please
08-24-2006, 08:17 AM
I like the lost bar. It's fun. I had something... some sort of tea... dang, strong but good. Their food is nice, it's a good vibe in there.

Tigga your friend Nick is cute.

try to catch him on tour, hes in the all american rejects

averagedork
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Figures I would find someone in a band hot. Figures. :D

... besides concerts cost money, and that is something I am lacking.

Leslie21
08-25-2006, 12:50 AM
try to catch him on tour, hes in the all american rejects

I knew I recognized him from somewhere, I'm not a fan but one of my friends is and she has a couple of pics with the band. Also, I was unable to try any drinks at the Lost Bar last time I was there but I'm thinking I might try going on my next trip since I'll be turning 21 soon. I'm not a big drinker (or a drinker at all) so is there anything I could try that would make me feel like an adult for ordering it but wouldn't actually taste like alcohol ? :D

averagedork
08-25-2006, 06:46 AM
FYI: from experience it's awesome to say "my first legal drink was at Disneyland." Because they sorta' counter each other. Disneyland =kids drinking= not kids.

Syndrome
08-25-2006, 06:51 AM
FYI: from experience it's awesome to say "my first legal drink was at Disneyland." Because they sorta' counter each other. Disneyland =kids drinking= not kids.

A margarita or daiquiri?

joeysmommy
08-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Is the Lost Bar kid friendly, as in you can bring your kids in the bar?
There's nothing worse than "a baby in a bar". But it is DL, so are kids allowed?

Darkbeer
08-25-2006, 07:11 AM
Yes, folks of all ages are allowed inside or at the tables outside. The only place that is resticted are the few bar stools due to California Law, this is the same policy as the Cove Bar at DCA. (Must be 21 or older to sit at the actual bar)

tigga please
08-25-2006, 10:15 AM
I knew I recognized him from somewhere, I'm not a fan but one of my friends is and she has a couple of pics with the band. Also, I was unable to try any drinks at the Lost Bar last time I was there but I'm thinking I might try going on my next trip since I'll be turning 21 soon. I'm not a big drinker (or a drinker at all) so is there anything I could try that would make me feel like an adult for ordering it but wouldn't actually taste like alcohol ? :D

whatever you DO order, make sure its made with anything better than WELL alcohol. you'll thank me in the morning!

averagedork
08-25-2006, 06:38 PM
A margarita or daiquiri?

I had my first drink at Ariel's Grotto bar, Lemon Drop Martini. Fancy. It was the day after my birthday,we were watching The Fab 4 play, on their break my friend and I ran over to that bar asked if we could get it to go. They said no. So we sat down for about 30 seconds. I paided, downed it, then left, I ran very drunk across both parks to get a seat and don't remember the rest of the night.

DadandFamily
09-22-2006, 02:01 PM
The Lost Bar is named after Peter Pan's the Lost Boys of Never Land. The Lost Boys is Peter Pan's gang made up of the children who fall out of their prams (http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-20,GGLG:en&q=prams+) (baby carriage) when the nurse is looking the other way. If the children are not claimed in seven days they are sent far away to the Never Land (a utopian dreamland perhaps in the uninhabited regions of Australia).

The Lost Bar is in the Disneyland Hotel behind the south side of the Sierra tower next to Hook's Pointe. Here's the menu (http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/LostBar.shtml)

Chicken Sandwich - $7.49
Cheeseburger/Hamburger - $6.99
Child's Cheeseburger or Chicken Tender Combo Meal - $5.99
Nachos - $7.49
Chicken Strips Combo - $7.49
Specialty Drinks - non-alcoholic served in a souvenir mug
Mermaid's Mist - $3.65
Pirate's Treasure - $3.65
Paradise Punch - $3.65
Drinks - alcoholic
Melon Breeze - $7.25
Mudslide Milkshake - $7.25
The Lost Margarita - $7.25
Neverland Tea - $7.25
R W's Mai Tai - $7.25
Koko Kolada - $7.25
Last Resort - $7.25
Blue Dolphin - $7.25

The seven dollar price of just about everything is reflective of the seven days a child remains unclaimed to become a lost boy.

Ms.Pecks
09-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Does Kim still play at the Lost Bar or has he been replaced with a lousy wide screen T.V.? It would not surprise me as they seem to be replacing a lot of the live music we've come to enjoy over the years.