PDA

View Full Version : DCA/Ugly Bug Ball

barely
08-21-2006, 09:41 AM
What is The Ugly Bug Ball in DCA? I haven't seen it mentioned on any previous threads. Is it worth spending time on? I have a 5 year old and we'll be at DCA on September 10th.

bradk
08-21-2006, 09:44 AM
it's a short music-filled show, not too bad. i'm not sure why it has to focus on being ugly, but so it goes.

it stars flik & atta and a couple of others specific to the show. afterwards is a meet & greet which in my experience has been just flik, although i've seen the meet & greet canceled when it coincides with the block party bash, in which flik appears.

barely
08-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Thx!

acpalmer
08-22-2006, 06:36 AM
I'd say definitely worth doing with a 5 year old. Lots of dancing and interaction--my 3 and 5 year olds got to go up on stage when we were there in June and several other kids were also on stage at various other points in the show. We saw Flik and Atta at the Meet and Greet afterwards, with hardly any lines (most people didn't stay after the show, so there were very few of us there to see them). My kids enjoyed it and want to do it again when we are back in November.

disney jones
08-22-2006, 11:16 AM
your kids are the perfect age for it. it's fun enough and provides a nice respite for the parent.