PDA

View Full Version : I found Mary Poppins :)

hg0079
08-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I am the one who posted about wanting to find her (as I am a nanny who runs a nanny website and wanted my picture for it...)

So on Th the first thing I did was stop at city hall and found out she would be out at 8:30 at almost 9am no MP so I asked again and was told she wouldn't be coming out. (sadly I walked away of course by now the ladies knew why this grown up wanted to see her so bad) halfway down mainstreet one of the ladies from City Hall flagged me down to tell me they just got a call back and she was coming out. Also asked how I spelled my name and then to check back at city hall later (They had a glossy 8x10 signed for me) When she came out she came straight to me and greeted me with a hello and was told she had a special guest waiting for her and with all the children opened mouthed walked me to a wonderful spot and took 5 pictures with me (as she wanted to make sure they were Practically Perfect.)

Disneyland really restored in me that it truely is a magical place where all our dreams can come true.

JookyG
08-21-2006, 09:30 AM
That is soooo cool! Pure Disney magic.

annieb727
08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
that's SO COOL! thanks for sharing...don't forget to share the pictures with us -- I would love to see them :)

bradk
08-21-2006, 09:46 AM
congrats. sounds like a great experience

(although i'd be careful about using those photos on your own site, particularly if it's commercial)

hg0079
08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
They are on my bro's camara so as soon as I have access to them... we did delete a few that weren't so good as we were running out of picture space...

junglemom
08-21-2006, 09:49 AM
That is such a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. What a great memory for you to always have.

hg0079
08-21-2006, 09:53 AM
no it's not commercial and it's a very very small site.

notabrady
08-21-2006, 10:07 AM
How Wonderful!!

Rhiannon8404
08-21-2006, 10:23 AM
How very exciting! That is really cool. I simply can't wait to see the pictures!

I know you are a grown-up, but the little kid in you must have been in a fit of giggles. I imagine you felt the same way my son did when the pic in my avatar was taken.

hg0079
08-21-2006, 10:39 AM
How very exciting! That is really cool. I simply can't wait to see the pictures!

I know you are a grown-up, but the little kid in you must have been in a fit of giggles. I imagine you felt the same way my son did when the pic in my avatar was taken.

YEs I did...I even caught myself talking back to her in a british accent...

Crazy4DL
08-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Disneyland really restored in me that it truely is a magical place where all our dreams can come true.

awwww good! :)

snowsbeau
08-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Wonderful! I am so happy that you found her! Or in this case she found you! All the better. YES!, there is truly magic still in Disneyland. If you believe, it will come. :D

This sounds like you are as with Jane, "Rather inclined to giggle. Doesn't put things away." - Mary Poppins.

tinker3
08-21-2006, 11:33 AM
That's good to hear! I remember you posting that you were looking for her. It's great that disney goes the extra mile to help someone.:)