PDA

View Full Version : Do I sit or do I stand?

Phantom2006
08-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Ok well yesterday (8/20) I went to Disneyland and me and my friend saw Fantasmic! and then watched the fireworks. We sat down for Fantasmic! and then when it was over we got up to watch the firworks. This was the first time I watched them from the ROA, I usually go to the Hub were everybody is standing up. Anyway, mid way through the fireworks a guy cam up to us and told us to sit out butt (used another word) down. I was like the fireworks are in the sky not on the Island. But we moved so they could see because they were sitting down. So what do you guys do Sit or Stand?

potzbie
08-21-2006, 01:53 AM
So what do you guys do Sit or Stand?

<< Whew! >>

I thought the title of the thread was again referring to the hidden restrooms!
:rolleyes:

I would not take orders from anyone holding a cam.
They are selfish.
They think their CAMERA takes priority over PEOPLE.
:mad:

I hope their lens cap is on!
:mad: :mad:

stan4d_steph
08-21-2006, 04:38 AM
There has been discussion about this before. I wouldn't listen to another guest about whether you sit or stand, however it sounds like you found a good compromise.

Personally, I agree that you shouldn't sit down for fireworks. In addition, the room in the hub area is already limited enough; allowing people to sit reduces the number of people that can fit into that space.

Malcon10t
08-21-2006, 06:14 AM
There has been discussion about this before. I wouldn't listen to another guest about whether you sit or stand, however it sounds like you found a good compromise.

Personally, I agree that you shouldn't sit down for fireworks. In addition, the room in the hub area is already limited enough; allowing people to sit reduces the number of people that can fit into that space.It sounds like they were in the Fantasmic! area that is supposed to be sitting. If you are in an area that is seated, you remain seated. The areas close to the river, you are supposed to remain seated. If you are in the standing area, then remain standing.

I didn't see where the OP said the guy had a camera.

hlbtimes2
08-21-2006, 08:58 AM
It sounds like they were in the Fantasmic! area that is supposed to be sitting. If you are in an area that is seated, you remain seated. The areas close to the river, you are supposed to remain seated. If you are in the standing area, then remain standing.

I agree. And it didnt say he has a camera- the word was "came" but the "e" was missing, so I think potzbie read cam as a short for camera.

Drince88
08-21-2006, 09:06 AM
It sounds like they were in the Fantasmic! area that is supposed to be sitting. If you are in an area that is seated, you remain seated. The areas close to the river, you are supposed to remain seated. If you are in the standing area, then remain standing.

So if you're in an area that is seated for Fantasmic, when the fireworks start you're supposed to stay seated? Just making sure I understand.

hg0079
08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
yah know when we were there this past week we were told be had to stand where where were in the hub.... that was the first night and because the youngest fell asleep before they started we went "home" and did them the next night and fould the best place.

right inside mainstreet at the entrance where the center turn around is..... at the flower bed closest to the direction of the castle, we stood behind it.... no one could stand right in front of us and we were able to leave right after and the area didn't get crowded until right before it started so we sat until it started.

mareed
08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
So if you're in an area that is seated for Fantasmic, when the fireworks start you're supposed to stay seated? Just making sure I understand.

We've done Fantasmic in the seated area many times and then stayed for the fireworks. In general, some people get up after Fantasmic and some people gather their things and leave. Some people stand for a few minutes to stretch their legs. Most people sit back down when the fireworks start. There's usually plenty of room for sitting at that point, and if you're standing, you'd be one of a very few, and I have seen people asked to please sit down. If everyone is sitting, then everyone can see fine. All it takes is one person standing to start a chain reaction where people can't see without standing. It's a different issue from the hub close to the castle where they're trying to allow as many people in the area as possible, so they may encourage standing. There's usually plenty of seating space around Rivers of America during the fireworks.

hlbtimes2

Stay seated if you are going to stay and watch the fireworks. If you are going to leave the area, then just hurry out of the way so you aren't blocking the view of the people trying to watch the show.

Malcon10t
yah know when we were there this past week we were told be had to stand where where were in the hub.... that was the first night and because the youngest fell asleep before they started we went "home" and did them the next night and fould the best place.

right inside mainstreet at the entrance where the center turn around is..... at the flower bed closest to the direction of the castle, we stood behind it.... no one could stand right in front of us and we were able to leave right after and the area didn't get crowded until right before it started so we sat until it started.Right, in that area of the hub, you stand. But the OP was over in the seated area of Fantasmic! near the ROA. In that area, you remain seated (unless you are leaving.)

Malcon10t
08-21-2006, 09:22 AM
We've done Fantasmic in the seated area many times and then stayed for the fireworks. In general, some people get up after Fantasmic and some people gather their things and leave. Some people stand for a few minutes to stretch their legs. Most people sit back down when the fireworks start. There's usually plenty of room for sitting at that point, and if you're standing, you'd be one of a very few, and I have seen people asked to please sit down. If everyone is sitting, then everyone can see fine. All it takes is one person standing to start a chain reaction where people can't see without standing. It's a different issue from the hub close to the castle where they're trying to allow as many people in the area as possible, so they may encourage standing. There's usually plenty of seating space around Rivers of America during the fireworks.Right. The other issue is once the standing starts, people start trying to stake out for the next Fantasmic! show, but the cleaning crew hasn't been in yet. They want you to remain seated. Unfortuantely, they don't have enough crowd control CMs to help people exit and maintain order in the seated area. Usually, a CM will come along and remind everyone to remain seated unless you are leaving. But sometimes they are short handed.

Niwel
08-21-2006, 09:25 AM
FYI: If you like to sit during the fireworks -- head over to its a small world -- TONS of bottom room there :)

cstephens
08-21-2006, 09:43 AM
We ran into that problem the last time we staked out good seats for the second Fantasmic. Most of the first Fantasmic crowd had left. Others were still packing up and/or milling about. And then the fireworks started. And the people right by the Rivers of America who "SHOULD BE SITTING DOWN" remained standing to watch the entire fireworks. Yes, the fireworks are in the sky, but they're not directly overhead. From the angle from the ROA, some of the fireworks are pretty low, so with someone standing just about right in front of you, many of the fireworks are obscured.

Tinkermommy
08-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Boy, that's a difficult question. One night, we watched the fireworks just a few people back from the rope in front of the castle, and everybody was sitting down the whole time we waited. Just as the show started, a group slipped under the rope and stood in front of everybody, refusing to sit down. So then, in a ripple effect, people started to stand, because when someone right in front of you stands, you can't see the fireworks.

People behind us kept screaming for everybody to sit down. It was really ugly. We had a very nice family with a bunch of little kids behind us; some were sleeping, so they stayed seated. My 10-year-old couldn't see, but she didn't want to block the view of the kids behind us, so she just sat there and cried through the whole program while we served as the dividing line between the standers and the screamers. Yegods.

I love the fireworks show, but find it's just not worth the stress anymore. If you're ever looking for angry, ugly grownups at Disneyland, that's where you'll find most of them, methinks!:rolleyes:

Jon Vincible
08-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Anyway, mid way through the fireworks a guy cam up to us and told us to sit out butt (used another word) down.

It sounds like he was rude to you. When people are rude to me at Disneyland, that's it, they get no repsect from me. Now, if you were standing in a sitting section, then yes, you should have been sitting down. But, regardless, he had no right to be rude to you. Oh yeah, the worst is when you encounter a rude CM. As soon as they give me attitude it's off to City Hall to write up a complaint.