PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose - dinner review - August 19, 2006

cstephens
08-20-2006, 10:27 PM
For anyone who's interested, I've posted a review of our recent dinner at Napa Rose.

Here's the link. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/naparose/napa081906.html)

Thanks!

adriennek
08-21-2006, 08:04 AM
I can't decide if I should thank you or curse you.

Adrienne

cstephens
08-21-2006, 09:48 AM
I can't decide if I should thank you or curse you.

You're welcome. I'm sorry. :~D

AVP
08-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I can't decide if I should thank you or curse you.Hey, at least she stopped writing about SUSHI. For now. :rolleyes:

Total derail - we found a "revolving sushi" bar in Tustin (near Scary BBQ), and I. Am. So. Happy. It doesn't have the same atmosphere as the place in Tokyo and SOME of the food is a little too cutsey-American (steak sushi?), but the quality is good (to those of us who have not yet graduated from "enthusiast" to "snob") and we enjoyed it. A lot.

AVP

cstephens
08-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey, at least she stopped writing about SUSHI. For now. :rolleyes:

I was going to ask about this particular message that you had my husband pass along to me. What, am I feeding your craving? :p

Total derail - we found a "revolving sushi" bar in Tustin

Oooo, boats or moving speedramp? It's been so long since I've been to a boat place. I remember one in Westwood multiple years ago. My friends had to convince me that the staff would not be happy if I disconnected the boats.

(steak sushi?)

There's a really good place by work that has a barbeque short rib roll. Another friend who is not into fish and seafood ordered it. It was actually quite good. I've ordered it a couple times.

Remember, YOU started this particular discussion! :~D

AVP
08-21-2006, 08:36 PM
What, am I feeding your craving? :pI've gone from sushi-phobe to advid consumer in 5 short years. I actually remember when (and WHY) I ate my first ebi, and I remember thinking that while that was OK, I was *never* eating the raw stuff.

Now of course I want to kick myself for passing up all that free Yamabuki sushi...
Oooo, boats or moving speedramp? Speedramp. It's not a double-decker like the one in Tokyo, but it's fun. It's also not a bar - you sit at booths, and the belt runs along one side.

AVP

adriennek
08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I can handle sushi discussions. Discussions of lamb, lemongrass broth and pot de creme, not so much.

Although, I do have two questions: Why didn't the "person" at your table drinking iced tea just ask for a pitcher on the table?

Why doesn't anyone ever invite ME to dinner?

Adrienne

Andrew
08-21-2006, 09:23 PM
You have a standing invitation if you can ever make it up here. We're not that far away.

stan4d_steph
08-22-2006, 06:56 AM
You have a standing invitation if you can ever make it up here. We're not that far away.There's a certain October weekend when a certain person from the far east(ern US) will be in the area as well...

Thanks for the review cstephens! (sorry for the derail)

cstephens
08-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Although, I do have two questions: Why didn't the "person" at your table drinking iced tea just ask for a pitcher on the table?

Adrienne

Well, getting refills wasn't a problem. It was getting the initial glass that was the challenge. He had to ask twice, and the server was so mortified that she brought two glasses the first time around, and then they made sure to keep his glass filled through the rest of dinner. Iced tea actually became a running joke through the rest of dinner. (Nope, *that* never happens.)

I have another friend who drinks so much iced tea during a meal that he does usually ask for a pitcher, or they just bring one anyway, but I doubt Napa Rose would allow a pitcher being on the table.

OK, note to self - when we win the lottery, invite adriennek et al to the Napa Rose party and invite AVP et al to the sushi party.

Some people play fantasy baseball or fantasy football. I play fantasy party planning! ;)