PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol at Halloween Treat?

mckygirl99
08-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I do not recall if they served alcohol at the last MHT. The reason I ask was b/c I attended an after hours party in which they did not sell alcohol at DCA. I was told it was b/c they have a liquor license for park hours only. Since MHT is after normal hours, I was wondering if I would be able to at least get some beer. How else am I going to drag my DH there????

Another Dimension
08-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Try Downtown Disney or the hotels before attending... or ignore the rules and that it's basically a kids event... and sneak in some alcohol. If you must.

Laffite
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Try Downtown Disney or the hotels before attending... or ignore the rules and that it's basically a kids event... and sneak in some alcohol. If you must.
thats the way i do it!

Darkbeer
08-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Last Year, there was no alcohol served during the Halloween events at DCA, in fact, they placed screens in front of the Beer Truck.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I say anyone who NEEDS beer as an incentive to attend a children's event may be best off at home! ha!

rosie
08-20-2006, 09:36 PM
I say anyone who NEEDS beer as an incentive to attend a children's event may be best off at home! ha!

I agree!

Darkbeer
08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
But is it a children's event????

I understand the decision of not selling alcoholic beverages... but as I understand it, the event is for people of ALL ages...

cstephens
08-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Since MHT is after normal hours, I was wondering if I would be able to at least get some beer. How else am I going to drag my DH there????

If he needs the presence of beer to be convinced to go, then I suggest he's better off doing something else for the evening.

Another Dimension
08-21-2006, 01:43 AM
It is an event for all ages, and yet I bet 80% of those people of ages, will be kids ages... and being a Halloween event (spread over several dates) at a Disney park, it would be so much cooler if all of those people, of all ages, were all sober. For once....

Darkbeer
08-21-2006, 02:40 AM
It is an event for all ages, and yet I bet 80% of those people of ages, will be kids ages... and being a Halloween event (spread over several dates) at a Disney park, it would be so much cooler if all of those people, of all ages, were all sober. For once....

Based on last year, my educated guess is that kids (those 9 and under) are 50% or less of those who attend.....

adriennek
08-21-2006, 08:03 AM
I don't care what kind of event it is, children's or not. I agree with cstephens - if anyone 'needs' beer to attend an event, then that person should probably avoid events without beer.

But the question was will it be there and the answer appears to be "No, but if it's really that much of an issue, there's plenty to be had at the GCH and DTD." Usually people who need beer can find it.

Adrienne

mad4mky
08-21-2006, 08:44 AM
If he needs the presence of beer to be convinced to go, then I suggest he's better off doing something else for the evening.

Like attend an AA meeting...:p ;) :eek:

JookyG
08-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Wow, so much off-topic prejudice against folks who enjoy a drink or two! I can't say I've ever encountered unruly drunks in the parks, so I have to wonder where the judgemental attitudes are coming from. In fact, I've seen plenty of cranky parents who certainly could have benefited from the sedative effects of a beer.

Rhiannon8404
08-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Wow, so much off-topic prejudice against folks who enjoy a drink or two.
No, not about people who enjoy a drink or two. I love to have a drink or two. I even love to drink a wee bit too much from time to time, but if you can't be convinced to attend an event that isn't serving alcohol, then it's a problem.

JookyG
08-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Just because someone is using beer as a lure to get a guy to attend an event he doesn't want to, doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself without getting drunk or having a drink or two.

Sheesh! You people are so quick to judge, having no other information about the situation than a single sentence. And that IS off-topic, since the judgements don't answer the poster's original questions. (Yeah, I know this rant is off-topic too, based on that statement.)

cstephens
08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow, so much off-topic prejudice against folks who enjoy a drink or two!

I enjoy a drink or two, but the only events that I attend where alcohol is a requirement are wine dinners.

mckygirl99
08-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, I was just joking about the beer (just chill :) ). He doesn't have to have alcohol but we enjoy the Red Trolley Ale. I was just wondering if it was going to be served. My DH is not an alcoholic by any means but there is nothing wrong with having a beer, even if it is considered to be mostly a childrens' event.

Just wanted to know since I didn't remember from last year. So don't worry, we won't be drunk and ruin your experience (just avoid 10/27 - just kidding!)

rosie
08-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I was just joking about the beer (just chill :) ). He doesn't have to have alcohol but we enjoy the Red Trolley Ale. I was just wondering if it was going to be served. My DH is not an alcoholic by any means but there is nothing wrong with having a beer, even if it is considered to be mostly a childrens' event.

Just wanted to know since I didn't remember from last year. So don't worry, we won't be drunk and ruin your experience (just avoid 10/27 - just kidding!)
I'm sure you'll be the model of decorum. Have fun!

wwithers
08-22-2006, 05:25 PM
In fact, I've seen plenty of cranky parents who certainly could have benefited from the sedative effects of a beer.

Oh, you've seen me at the park before? Next time say Hi.

:D

JookyG
08-22-2006, 06:20 PM
That's why they build DCA, isn't it?? It doesn't have to adhere to Walt's no-alcohol rule ;)

averagedork
08-22-2006, 06:47 PM
They built DCA so parents can take turns to get a drink and then deal with chaotic children at Disneyland.

I don't remember drinks there, but Grand Californian Hotel has a bar with delicious drinks. Supremely yummy.

JookyG
08-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Ahhh, that's what they mean by "baby switch!" LOL.