PDA

View Full Version : Short Trip Report - August 11-19

silly'olbear
08-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Cast - me, DS (14) and my Mom

We took off driving from Washington on Friday, August 11 put in a nice long day and arrived in the LA area Saturday around 1:00pm. We stopped off at The Grove and The American Girl store before heading to Anaheim. My Mom collects the American Girl dolls and she was in HEAVEN!!! We got to Anaheim around 5:00 and checked into the Candy Cane Inn. Wonderful hotel!! I cannot say enough good things about that place. We have found our hotel of choice in the Disneyland area.

We started our passes on Sunday and we were pretty impressed with the lightness of the crowds. Don't get me wrong - it was busy but not as bad as I was expecting. We had worse crowds the week of Christmas 2004. All in all we had a great time at both parks and got on lots of rides. We all loved the new Pirates, HM stuff, Buzz Astro Blasters and Monsters Inc. I went on TOT for the first time and really enjoyed that. I met a couple of CM's that were "off-duty" in line my second ride and they had me sit with them. It was great fun chatting with them during the wait.

Just one thing I have to say about the whole trip. The level of rudeness displayed by other guests at the parks astounded me. My Mom has had two spinal fusion surgeries and walks with a cane. That does NOT stop people from about mowing her down in their haste to get where they are going. What amazes me is why do they have to run to their destination?? Is that ride going to disintegrate in the next 15 minutes? SLOW DOWN PEOPLE!!! Enjoy the whole experience - you don't need to take out handicapped people just so you can get to the ride 10 seconds faster. We were on our way into Turtle Talk with Crush and a teenage girl did about knock my Mom down trying to run into the theater. I made a comment to her about needing to watch out for people with disabilities and her response "I said excuse me". So, that makes it better knocking someone down by just saying excuse me?! Anyway, rant over!! :rolleyes:

I am glad I made it to the DLR before the 50th stuff was down and we had a fabulous time!!

IcDkRy16
08-20-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm glad to hear you liked the Candy Cane Inn since we still be staying their for the first time in October. How was the free breakfast?

Sorry to hear about all the rude guests you encountered, it's bound to happen with the amount of people there. Hopefully all the good times you had will outweigh the bad! It sounds like you guys had fun though, thanks for sharing!

ghoofie
08-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm glad to hear you liked the Candy Cane Inn since we still be staying their for the first time in October. How was the free breakfast?

Breakfast at the Cane is one of the better 'free' breakfasts you find. Menu includes hot and cold cereal, juices, coffee, milk, toast, bagels, bananas, apples, muffins(vary). There are only few tables indoors, and some tables/chairs outdoors by the pool. Many people bring trays from the room and bring it back to eat. It is great. It is the only place we stay. And I stay there for business trips because it feels like home.

If you are there during the week, you'll enjoy Oscar. He's very friendly. He's on the day shift.

Hey Maynard even hangs out with us at the Cane !! :)

silly'olbear
08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Oh we had a great time!! It got to the point we just shook our heads at people and carried on and enjoyed the parks. I wasn't going to let how other people act ruin my vacation!!

The breakfast at CCI was wonderful. There were a couple mornings we decided to sleep in and missed it but the days we did eat there it was very fresh and plentiful.

The CCI was an awesome hotel. We did have a couple of problems and once I called the front desk there was someone knocking on our door within minutes. Our A/C broke the first night there and they just replaced the whole unit within about 10 minutes. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful.

silly'olbear
08-20-2006, 06:15 PM
If you are there during the week, you'll enjoy Oscar. He's very friendly. He's on the day shift.

You are so right... Oscar was great!!

ghoofie
08-20-2006, 06:25 PM
You are so right... Oscar was great!!

There used to be a picture of Oscar and I in the Cane office. Now it's at his house.