PDA

View Full Version : Asking for an upgrade...

twokids
08-20-2006, 12:28 PM
We are staying at GCH and have a standard/courtyard view room. DH did not want to pay extra for the view because it will only be us two and we are not planning on spending too much time in the rooms. There's no need for nap times on this trip!!:)

Anyways, we usually splurge and pay for a theme park view room(figure if I am stuck in the room with napping kids at least I have something nice to look). I know this sounds awful but I really want a view room. Can anyone give any advice or suggestions about being upgraded, whom to ask etc... We'll be arriving early Sunday (Aug 27).

Thanks everyone!

TribeFan
08-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Hotel upgrades are always subject to availability. If the hotel is sold out, then they cannot move someone from a view that they have paid for to give it to someone that is getting the comp upgrade. Also, the hotel may not be sold out, but the view rooms could be. So once again it's a matter of taking from someone that has paid for it and giving it to someone who has not. You can call the hotel directly at 714-635-2300 (option 3) and advise the Guest Services cast member that answers that you would be interested in a view upgrade (complimentary of course) if one becomes available. They will note it in the reservation and the Front Desk will see it a day or two before you arrive. You need to decide what is most important to you, the view or your bedding type (king beds can be pretty hard to come by at Disney hotels). Also, if you have not already, you can call Vacation Planning at 714-300-PLAN to make dining arrangements, etc. and advise them of you wish for a comp upgrade if it becomes available.

Hope this helps a little.