PDA

View Full Version : Truth about distance walking from Paradise Pier

WDWalways
05-07-2002, 10:34 AM
Hi - I am staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel -- first time ever on Disneyland property -- and was wondering if it truly is a hike to get to the parks and Downtown Disney from the hotel on foot -- everyone seems to make it sound like it's a million miles away from everything. I just want to know what I can expect. Thanks!!

adriennek
05-07-2002, 10:53 AM
I don't know the actual distance but I would estimate it to be about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the front gate of Disneyland. I don't think it's oppressively far but it's the furthest Disney hotel and there are other motels that are closer to the Main Gate.

It's probably 5 to 10 minutes to Downtown Disney. If you don't need to go to the Main Gate and would hop on the Monorail, that's going to cut down on some of the walking getting to Disneyland.

I'm a person who doesn't mind walking from the main gate to the parking structure (about a mile,) and if I had a good deal to stay at the Paradise Pier I wouldn't mind the walk. I've walked it to get from the park to the Practically Perfect Tea and that's definitely worth the stroll.

Adrienne K

WDWalways
05-07-2002, 10:59 AM
OK - does anyone think I should change my reservation to the Disneyland hotel for an extra $20.00 per night?? Is it worth it?? How much closer would I be to everything???

Iceman
05-07-2002, 11:12 AM
If proximity is your only criterion, then stay at the Paradise Pier because I don't think it's $20 a night further away. Then again, I enjoy walking, getting some exercise and people-watching even after a full day at the parks. I do believe, though, that the rooms and amenities at the Disneyland Hotel are just a little nicer, so maybe that would make it worth it to pay the extra--I don't know.

RealDisneyLegend
05-07-2002, 11:23 AM
...in terms of amenities. However there may be some construction going on. You may want to check with the reservationist to see if the constuction will affect you.

JeffG
05-07-2002, 11:32 AM
One other important point that hasn't been mentioned is that there is an entrance to California Adventure that is directly across the street from the front entrance to the Paradise Pier Hotel. This gate is only available to those staying at the hotel, a policy that is actually enforced (unlike the similar policy at the Grand Californian entrance). You have to use your room key to unlock the gate that provides access to the walkway to the entrance.

This entrance brings you into the Paradise Pier section of the park, right next to Mulholland Madness.

-Jeff

hefferdude
05-07-2002, 11:32 AM
When staying at PPier its less than 10 minutes if you use the shortcut to the right of Grand Hotel to get into DCA. You can
also cut back through the Grand to get back to PPier. As for DL,
its maybe 10 minutes if you use the Monorail ( if starting at Main Street is not important. ). Else its about 15-20 minutes to either
main gate, but its a nice walk. Take your time to see all the DTD
stuff and don't forget co-pool privelages. :cool:

WDWalways
05-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I'm really looking forward to my trip!!:D