PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who has used a Military Discounted Disneyland/USH Ticket...

annieb727
08-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey there...

We were going to try to help some friends going to DL and buying them discounted DL tickets from the base here. When I was there, the lady told me that they will require Military ID - and there has to be SOMEONE with military ID with them when they go thru the gates, or they may be turned away.

My question is - has anyone experienced this? Do they actually require you show military ID? It would be great to know...I can get the tickets for them for $134.25 for an adult 5 day hopper, so it's quite a savings over $179!

Also I am wondering the same about Universal Studios - we can get annual passes for them for $39 (it's the only option they offer). We were told they will require Military ID for them there.

It's also an issue that could come up with ME, since I don't like to carry around my MIlitary ID when I'm going to the parks (put it in a safe if I have to bring it with me at all) - there's too much sensitive information on it.

Anyway, thanks for any info you might have!

Dexter
08-20-2006, 08:31 AM
As with all parks everyones experiences will be different.

When I've purchased tickets from ITT, I've been asked for my ID card a handful of times, that doesn't mean they will or won't check. The parks policy is they are supposed to check because those tickets are being offered at a significantly disounted price to a limited audience.

I had family members come in from out of town one time and I bought everyone tickets from ITT, I was running late come up to the park from the base and the gate agent wouldn't allow my family into the park until I showed up with my ID card.

I've never personally purchased tickets for USH from ITT, but I will say that as a military member, I'm boycotting USH and I'll tell you why. USH was running their buy a day get a year free promotion. A friend of mine and I went and got those tickets, well unknown to either of us was that you have to come BACK to get the year free, at the time there wasn't much information availble on the promotion on their website.

We got home that night and attempted to activate the tickets for the year free and were told we couldn't. We assumed that it was because we had just used the tickets that day. We tried the next day and still got no love from the USH website. That next weekend I was shipped off to Kuwait to setup our headquarters for the war that kicked off in March.

I got shipped out and my friend wrote me and said she was going to go talk to the customer service people at the park to explain to them what happened and see if there was anything they could do for us.

She went and the MANAGER for customer service told her that she didn't care that I was in the military and it wasn't HER problem that I wasn't in the country to activate the ticket and if she (my friend) didn't want lose the money paid for the ticket, she'd have to give my ticket to someone else so they could use it since I wasn't around. Needless to say, I have no desire to go to USH since that seems to be their attitude towards our fighting forces. I realize they may not miss my money, but they're not getting any of my family's money either.

annieb727
08-20-2006, 08:39 AM
wow...thanks for the info

that's absolutey HORRIBLE how they treated you!!! not cool AT ALL. :mad:

nemdpa
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
We use military tickets every year and have yet to be asked to show ID. Everyone's experience is different. The only time we have been asked to show ID was a few years back DL had a fire fighter and law enforcement discount. Wow...I wish they would bring that back, it was better than the military rate.

kohl
08-20-2006, 10:48 AM
We have bought military tickets for years for our family for Disneyland. They tell us that you need to show I.D., but they have never asked. We just got back from a trip and 1 person in our party had a military ticket and they never asked for I.D.
Also, they do give a military discount on the resort hotels. There we have been asked for military I.D. The discount is usually the same as an AP.

bradk
08-20-2006, 11:09 AM
if i'm not mistaken, military discounted tickets do not include access to EE for what it's worth

annieb727
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
if i'm not mistaken, military discounted tickets do not include access to EE for what it's worth

no they don't include EE - but it's almost $45 more to get a ticket thru DL website.

though i'm kind of nervous to test it...it could end up wasting $$$

MammaSilva
08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
While everyone has different experiences and I'm not the morality police in the least...I'd be concerned that IF they got there and got an 'annal' CM they would be not only out the money but embarrassed, 45 bucks is a big savings but at the same time, is it worth the risk? I have family in the military that could easily get us the discounted tickets (and has in the past) but only if I knew they were going to be with us...it's just not worth the risk to me...your mileage may vary.

annieb727
08-20-2006, 01:53 PM
While everyone has different experiences and I'm not the morality police in the least...I'd be concerned that IF they got there and got an 'annal' CM they would be not only out the money but embarrassed, 45 bucks is a big savings but at the same time, is it worth the risk? I have family in the military that could easily get us the discounted tickets (and has in the past) but only if I knew they were going to be with us...it's just not worth the risk to me...your mileage may vary.

yeah...I didn't even think there would be an issue with it - when she brought it up I had to rethink it. We just wanted to do something nice for a friend. But if it could end up being more of an issue, we're not going to bother with it.

I know that we will probably never get the tickets for ourselves from there - because when I went in, I noticed they charge you more than the amount printed on the back of the ticket - so if we upgrade to Annual passes (which is what usually do) we would pay MORE than if we bought from Disney directly.

Oh well...I'm sure I can think of another way to bless them for their trip :)

barely
08-20-2006, 02:02 PM
annieb727, do you know that 5-day park hoppers can be purchased for only 179.00 each through Disney.com and they include one EE?

allye
08-20-2006, 03:02 PM
My Parents have purchase our Disneyland hopper passes twice thru the Navy Base. Three tickets each time. When we used them they never have asked us to show are Military ID. The hopper passes look a lot like the hopper passes you normal get it just has Military discount typed in it . When we had a 4 day hopper thru AAA they did tell us to sign the back of pass and show our ID when we reentered on days 2, 3 and 4.

bradk
08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
well better yet, if you're going to both DL and USH, you should consider a socal pass. from costco.com.