PDA

View Full Version : Super 8 Hotel Anaheim Disneyland Drive

kdsmit07
08-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Old Plan for October Trip:
18th-Go to Universal Studios for a half a day
19th-21st-Spend every possible minute at Disneyland
22nd-Go to the beach and come home

After scrapping our old reservations for the crappy Parkside Inn and Suites, we decided to upgrade to a slightly better hotel, but in doing this, decided that because of a budget, we wouldn't be able to do a day at Universal Studios. We would then use the money saved from Universal and use that for the hotel and for a relaxed day at the beach on the 18th.

New Plan for October Trip:
18th-Go from Phoenix, AZ to "a beach" in CA
19th-21st- Spend every possible minute at Disneyland Resort
22nd-Wander around Disneyland Resort/Downtown Disneyland and head home

Was this a good move, and does anyone have any insight on the Super 8 Hotel Anaheim Disneyland Drive?

~Thank You~

i.love.disneyland
08-20-2006, 03:09 AM
I stayed there in March a year and a half ago and it was a dump. I would hope that things have improved since then but if not, just remember, "It's just a place to sleep... it's just a place to sleep..."

backsthepack
08-20-2006, 04:39 AM
We stayed there in January and it was the worst motel I have ever been in. Filthy (and I mean filthy gross), noisy, rude staff and a heck of a hike to get to Disneyland. I added a review of it to the review section not long ago. I wouldn't stay there again for anything.

momuvseven
08-20-2006, 05:57 AM
If you really need to save money I think you would do better looking at Homewood Suites in Garden Grove since they include a kitchen, breakfast and dinner M-TH. Usually about a $100 per night. Or bid on priceline. You can get nice rooms through them for about fifty a night. Just wait and bid a few days before your trip so you don't get stuck in case of a change of plans.

rentayenta
08-20-2006, 07:35 AM
My SIL stays there. She likes it. She also has an ant trail running up her kitchen wall and dog urine in her carpets.

I vote no.

annieb727
08-20-2006, 07:49 AM
hey there....not sure how many people you have, but have you checked the Anaheim Plaza Hotel - it's not the most upscale (by any means), but it's decent - we've stayed there.
You can get two queen beds for your dates for $59.95/night. Go to www.anaheimplazahotel.com.
And's it's not a bad walk to DL.

Rockchalker
08-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Have you checked tripadvisor.com?

Great website with great hotel reviews and candid photos as well.

Here is the link for the Super 8 Motel (probably need to cut and paste.)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d222952-Reviews-Super_8_Motel_Anaheim_Disneyland_Park-Anaheim_California.html

Not sure the location compared to the park, but if it is not close enough to walk you could add parking or transportation into the total cost for a hotel closer.

Good luck!

Leap for Joy
08-20-2006, 09:54 AM
hey there....not sure how many people you have, but have you checked the Anaheim Plaza Hotel - it's not the most upscale (by any means), but it's decent - we've stayed there.
You can get two queen beds for your dates for $59.95/night. Go to www.anaheimplazahotel.com.
And's it's not a bad walk to DL.
We often stay at the Plaza. It's a quick walk and the parking is great compared to other motels in the area. It's an older property, but it's reasonably clean, the grounds are very nice, and the staff is great. We did get a yucky room once, and they were very accommodating about moving us. They usually have a free kids breakfast buffet with each adult buffet purchase.