PDA

View Full Version : Great Cast Member Memories!!!

wbboy29
05-07-2002, 09:28 AM
I don't know if its just me, but there seems to be a lot of negative talk about Dinsey and the parks in general lately.
So, I was thinking lets try to get some positive vibes flowing from these boards.
Walt once said,"You can build the most beautiful place in the world, but it's the people who make it great." Sorry if I got the quote wrong but it was something to that affect.
Anyways, Walt was right in that statement its the cast members that make the Disney parks what it is today. So lets get those stories out about all the wonderful, amazing, gets you in the heart and makes you tear up or smile stories that you all have.
But please only good CM moments, keep the bad ones to yourself, if there are any, for now please.
OK, so lets get this thread rowling................What are your stories?

bluepearl
05-07-2002, 12:11 PM
There is a great Guest Relations CM that I came across last summer that sticks out in my mind. His name is Jahmai and even though he couldn't provide me with the information I needed when I asked him, he saw me walking around later in the day and told me that he'd been looking out for me because he finally got the updated entertainment schedule. I thought it was absolutely sweet that he was trying to look for me to give me that information. I only wish that I had registered a compliment for him, because he definitely deserved it. He was courteous and friendly, and everything that I think Guest Relations CMs should be at DCA - he set the standard when many other GR CMs were lacking. I know he still works there because I was reading that he got quite a few compliments in the Disneyland Resort Line, but I haven't seen him in a while. If anybody on these boards knows him, I'm sure he doesn't remember me, but I would like him to know that I appreciated all his efforts!!

MammaSilva
05-07-2002, 12:58 PM
Wow, after all these years and visits I have TONS and TONS of wonderful CM memories, it never fails that each trip there is at least one standout CM, I've purchased the WWWD pins to hand out to those special ones for our next trip! One of the many memories that flew to my mind, we were at BTRR and my nephews/niece and daughter were riding, she was having a 'bad' day so she was in her wheelchair, now her's is a custom wheelchair so the CM's realize that the kids aren't just renting one to line hop, plus we always get her a SAP just in case she is having a good day and can walk more than usual, the kids went on the ride, my brother was off on a quest for churros for my sister in law and me when this CM in BTRR costume walks up and asks if we are the parents of these kids, I look at my sister in law and our first reaction was OMG Brandy had a gran mal, nope, this CM said she had seen the kids several times during our visit (we had been there all week) and she was so impressed by the care and concern that my nephews/niece showed Brandy that she wanted to reward them, she gave us a coupon good for free ice cream bars for the kids.. I had never had that happen before, then the kids came running up and she complimented each of them on their compassion and behavior, of course the boys got all embarressed, they thought she was "weird" because they always are that way with Brandy, so I had to explain that NOT all special needs kids have terrific cousins like she does and that not all special needs people are treated with love, kindness and respect. We asked the kids if they wanted to go get their free ice creams and believe it or not they asked us not to redeem the coupon, they wanted to save it in their scrapbook!

wbboy29
05-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Come on everyone. I can't beleive that 110 people have looked at this post but only 2 people have had great cast member memories. So spill it, what are some great things that have happened to you or someone you know on behalf of a cast member?

mousey_girl
05-09-2002, 08:57 PM
99.9% of my CM memories are great!! From Alice wishing The Boy Happy B-day from atop her mushroom during the EP, to the CM that found a "special phone call" from a singing character. One of the best was a CM in Adventureland that sensing my distress about The Boy wanting to carry the largish rubber croc around for the rest of the day, made a point to tell him that if he lost it to come back and he would give him another one...

I want to thank all of the wonderful CM's that go out of their way to make DL so special. Everytime he was wish Happy B-day made another memory. He still talks about things that happened over a year ago, like when Piglet sat down and fed him his eggs, or when the CM on Splash gave us 3 "free" fast passes when she saw his B-day button.

The park may be a mess, attractions may not be up to par, but it is the people that make DL special.

The Boy will be 6 this year. We asked him if he was going to want to go to DL or 2-3 other destinations, no hesitaion he said DL!!!

Thank you for making my little sunshine so happy!!!

mousey_girl
05-09-2002, 08:59 PM
ooo and Mammasilva, where can the WWWD pins be purchased??? I would love to be able to hand them to a CM that truly went above and beyond...

MammaSilva
05-09-2002, 10:16 PM
there used to be a link on the main page of MP but I'm too lazy to go look for it so I just brought it up from my favorites...here is the link I hope I'm not breaking any MP rules... moderators feel free to edit if I am :)

http://whatwouldwaltdo.com/Pages/catalog/shopproductbusiness.shtml

Uncle Dick
05-10-2002, 12:46 AM
Let's see here… When the Disneyland Forever kiosks were still in operation, I went to the 20th Century Music shop to grab one (this was on New Year's Eve 2000). Unfortunately, the CD machines seemed to be "behaving badly" that night so the CM guy behind the desk profusely apologized while I waited for it to be finished. I kept telling him that it was okay, that I wasn't in any hurry, but he kept trying to make it up to me. First, he asked if I had "any requests" to play on storewide speaker system. When I couldn't think of anything, he volunteered "The Little Mermaid" CD and began singing along to "Part of Your World", exaggerated body movements and all. It was absolutely hilarious and more than made up for the wait.

Then they're also the CMs at the Hyperion Theater, who usually do a pretty good job of entertaining guests waiting for the show to begin. I talked to this one chick for quite some time, asking her how she liked working at Disneyland and about the Soap Opera Weekends. Imagine her surprise the next day when she caught me working trams! I had neglected to mention to her that I was a cast member myself. ;) It didn't hurt that she was kind of cute.

I've had some great Columbia pilots late at night. One of them did a spiel something like this: "All right folks, we've passed onto the other side of the island and late at night, when we're far from port, this ship becomes THE PARTY BOAT!" And them he began flashing the lights on and off while simulating a beat box. It was great. At the very end of the trip, while everyone was disembarking and the automated music was blasting "Blow the Man Down" (or something like that), the pilot said "Aye, lads. That be enough singing for now," and abruptly shut off the music (I think he was ready to go home).

I've found all of the CMs manning the Main Street Vehicles to be exceptionally friendly and always willing to just sit and chat for a spell (perhaps that's why they're always getting consecutive 100% scores for mystery guests).

socabch
05-10-2002, 07:09 AM
I can't think of any bad experience that I have had with a CM. Alot of great ones come to mind, but one stands out because it was recent. My daughter & I were having one of those days where 3 rides shutdown while we were in line. Indiana J. because of a medical emergency, Thunder Mtn & Muholland Madness for mechanical problems. So we took a break for lunch at McDonald's in DCA. The CM that took our order asked how are day was and I sighed with a brief explanation. So she called her Super over and gave us a front of the line pass for any ride. We picked Soaring since it had a 2 hour wait and no FP's left. I only expected to receive a sympathy comment out of politeness. CM's in DCA & DL have always IMO gone the extra mile to make guests happy.