PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay

infinite
08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
When does it usually come down? I tried searching, but I didn't find anything.

That happens to me a lot, I must search funny.

bradk
08-19-2006, 07:04 PM
the attraction is generally closed for the last 3 weeks or so in Sept to place it and closed the first 3 weeks of January or so to remove it.

infinite
08-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Thank you! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Do we have a concete answer though? :confused: I'd really like to know dates.

PAPACITO
08-20-2006, 12:26 AM
There will be no Tim Burton Christmas theme in the Haunted Mansion this year. Tim didnt sign in for another year. I just heard it from the cast members at the mansion.

David&Emmy's Mom
08-20-2006, 03:19 AM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenPreviewSpecialEventDetailPage&CMP=I

I saw a link to the DL website at the AP dashboard that outlines the Halloweentime events beginning September 29, and Haunted Mansion Holiday is mentioned.

bradk
08-20-2006, 05:08 AM
there is no Haunted Mansion Holiday EVENT. The overlay will still take place.

cstephens
08-20-2006, 09:18 AM
There will be no Tim Burton Christmas theme in the Haunted Mansion this year. Tim didnt sign in for another year. I just heard it from the cast members at the mansion.

NO, THAT'S WRONG. I'm not sure why some people, especially CMs, keep trying to perpetuate the untrue rumour that HMH won't be happening this year.

tod
08-20-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure why some people, especially CMs, keep trying to perpetuate the untrue rumour that HMH won't be happening this year.

Wishful thinking? :rolleyes:

--t

Monte Cristo
08-20-2006, 10:29 AM
NO, THAT'S WRONG. I'm not sure why some people, especially CMs, keep trying to perpetuate the untrue rumour that HMH won't be happening this year.

It happens every year. You know the cycle:

Jan-Apr, someone always starts a thread saying so and so CM stated that HMH won't be returning because

1.) Tim Burton refused to extend the rights.
2.) The overlay is going to Hong Kong.

This is then debunked. So then....

June-August, someone starts a thread asking when the HMH overlay will be going up. This, in turn, leads to someone responding with

"I heard this will be the last year because Tim Burton didn't extend the rights/they're moving the overlay to Hong Kong."

I've grown to look at this rumor as part of my yearly DL cycle.

disneyhound
08-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I heard that the Murderous Bride has refused to work with Jack Skellington; no compromise could be reached. Therefore, the new changes this year will be "Rock-it HM". The sound track will be Led Zeppelin songs, with all the lights turned off. Far Out Man! Hey, is something burning in here... ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2006, 12:29 PM
I heard that the Murderous Bride has refused to work with Jack Skellington; no compromise could be reached. Therefore, the new changes this year will be "Rock-it HM". The sound track will be Led Zeppelin songs, with all the lights turned off. ;)

Heh, heh. I like it! haha!

Another Dimension
08-20-2006, 08:04 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You mean you actually got some of them to speak to someone besides other Cast Members?!?! :eek:

HMH is happening.....

Disneyland isn't closing the HM for 2 weeks in Sept just to save money... Well not yet, anyway. :rolleyes:

Hey Disneyland... would it kill your lazy management to actually inform ALL of your Cast Members of anything adequately? Special events, changes, politness/courtesy policies or how traditional CM's are supposed to act onstage and when interacting with Guests?? :p

I Heart Disneyland!
08-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Hey Disneyland... would it kill your lazy management to actually inform ALL of your Cast Members of anything adequately? Special events, changes, politness/courtesy policies or how traditional CM's are supposed to act onstage and when interacting with Guests?? :p

But if they kept informed CM's, we'd not be able to start 10 threads about the subject! ;) ;)

Pirate Princess
08-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I heard that the Murderous Bride has refused to work with Jack Skellington; no compromise could be reached. Therefore, the new changes this year will be "Rock-it HM". The sound track will be Led Zeppelin songs, with all the lights turned off. Far Out Man! Hey, is something burning in here... ;)
NOW there's a rumor I can get behind.... I would find some way to get infinite fast passes too.... HM in the dark with Led Zeppelin??? Yes! Now I have to find a way to ride Pirates with Johnny Depp and some Bacardi and Coke.

evrythngwmn
08-21-2006, 09:12 AM

The Company does do a pretty good job of informing CMs of what's happening. News comes out in several different formats. The problem is slacker CMs choose to be lazy and not read/listen to any of it.

The other night I missed roll call because I was stuck in traffic. I had to ask four different CMs in my department what was said before I found one that had paid attention.:eek: It's an ongoing problem in every department, at every level.

JookyG
08-21-2006, 10:30 AM

What's that smell? It smells like Otto's Jacket!