PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions: Disneyland On Your Own

Figaro77
08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone! I go to Disneyland each fall with family, and I read up on Disney news each week, so i'm not new to Disney, but I needed to drop by to ask some quick advice.

My first question isn't really advice, I have an aunt who may be going with us this year, and she would need an ECV. I was wondering if you can rent an ECV for the day and take it between parks without paying the rental fee again (especially during the off-season when each park runs its own rental)?

Now for the advice, I'm 19, a sophomore in college and a life-long Disney fanatic. I always include things like the Disney Gallery in my trips, whether family wants to or not. Now, this fall, I may be going to Disneyland/DCA for 4 days on my own, due to family not wanting to or being able to. I wanted to get all the advice, tips, etc. on going on a (semi)long disneyland vacation on you own that I can get, considering my age, etc. I love to do all the thrill rides, but I've never really paid attention to how they accomodate single riders. Now, the reason I'm considering it is because I love Disney so much, and I've never really been out on my own, so I think it would be a good experience (I live in Idaho), especially since I'll be studying abroad in two semesters.

Thanks for all your help!

Niwel
08-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I wanted to get all the advice, tips, etc. on going on a (semi)long disneyland vacation on you own that I can get, considering my age, etc

Boy have you come to the right spot.... We have an article on going solo (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm).
Also, pick a hotel that is close by (either within walking distance or with a shuttle) -- alot of our readers and MPers enjoy hotels along Harbor (like Hojos & Best Western).

dznyphreak
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I've done single rider a lot (especially on Splash Mountain) so I can help you out there. Unfortunately, Splash is the only ride in Disneyland that offers SR passes. Ask the CM standing outside the barn (where the line goes in the building) and they should give you a pass. Head through the exit and show the loading CM your pass. They'll direct you over the bridge to the SR line.

As for California Adventure (someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I believe California Screamin', Grizzly River Run, Mulholland Madness, and Soarin' over CA all offer Single Rider. I don't know which require passes, but ask the CM at the front of the line if you need one. They will have them if you need one.

This happened to me once, so I don't know if it's a common thing. If you care about Autopia, I asked the CM at the front if they had a Single Rider line and she gave me a Fastpass instead. Dunno if it'll work, but it certainly beat that insane line.

Enjoy your vacation!

...Okay. Guess I shoulda posted sooner. Hope I was still of some help!

Figaro77
08-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow, that article really helped! Thanks, Niwel, and dznyphreak! I actually didn't know that Single Rider Lines and Passes existed, I was just curious about how much I would be sitting with strangers. That ride-by-ride guide helped a bunch.

Anyway, keep the advice comin', and I also need help with the ECV question, in case family does go along.

Thanks again!

MammaSilva
08-19-2006, 02:53 PM
No help with single rider information, but the ECV information as of this last week, you rent the EVC either out in the entry plaza or either park and you have it for the day. You can hop between parks but you can not take it out into the Downtown Disney area. If you leave the park to go back to the hotel you turn it in but keep your paperwork and when you come back you pick it up again. I've never parked one to walk out into downtown disney but I'd suggest talking to the CM's at the security tables for suggestions as to where to park so they don't return them to the rental location.

mistofviolets
08-19-2006, 06:13 PM
I just came across this info...perhaps you could rent one for the day? Or a few days? And then she could use it back and forth to the hotel too?

http://pixiedustinn.com/disabilitiesfaq/RentalWheelchairsandECVs.html

annieb727
08-19-2006, 06:59 PM
here's another thread to look at:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58687

for the ECV question...also browse around the "Theme-Park Access Guide" board, you can find more information.

oh...and I am doing my first solo trip to DL next month -- looking forward to it a lot!! if you like doing things on your own, you will probably love it.

MouseWife
08-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't have a lot to say about going it alone, but, yeah for you!

I do things alone that people are surprised about. I have gone to concerts alone.

I think doing Disneyland would be way more easy. There are so many nice people, I mean, it is the Happiest Place on Earth. :fez:

I would just remember not to give out information to people as to where you are staying, etc. All of that stuff your mother taught you.

But, have fun. If it is possible, I think staying on-site would be awesome or else a hotel with inside doors. {what is that called? Interior Entry?}

Eh, I don't know if you were even asking that type of question....One thing we've done is check in as Mr & Mrs.....etc...

frank828
08-20-2006, 12:21 PM
i go to disneyland alone all the time, mainly at night when i feel like a meal and no one is around to join me.

for day trips, i usually just ride the single rider rides and a couple fastpass rides, have lunch and/or dinner. watch the 50th movie, call some friends, get jamba juice. Its really not that bad. Its somewhat relaxing to just do whatever you feel like doing and doing things on your own time.

on a side note, let us know when you're going, maybe some of us "loners"(haha) can join you.

zscfan
08-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Congratulations on going solo......I refused to go solo for years, but when I finally tried it, I really enjoyed it. I still like to split my trips between going solo and with others, but it really is true--sometimes it is cool just to do whatever you want, even if it is go on the same ride 5 times!!! : )

Have lots of fun, and if you would like some company, let us know when you will be there. :) :)

colveraki
08-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I just came back from disneyland a couple of weeks ago. I was able to spend time there on my own and I was able to go on multiple rides as a single rider. For example on Grizzly Bear river run, there was a 60+ minute wait, I told the CM I was a single rider and I waited like two minutes and I was off. Usually you will enter via the entrance (Grizzly bear) or there is a separate entrance(Screamin). This was a great way for me to see multiple rides without waiting or using a fastpass. I literally went on California Screamin' 4 times within a 30 minute period of time. I hope you have have fun!

Figaro77
05-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Well, sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I wanted to thank everyone for your advice, and I wanted to let you all know I have my first solo trip just about planned for a week in mid-October. I'm very excited, looking forward to doing a few things I've never been able to do on my family's yearly trips.:fez:

In the meantime, I thought I'd get in the spirit by posting more on the forums. Thanks again!

Drince88
05-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Please don't drag up old threads.

Click here for FAQ (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8493)