PDA

View Full Version : Homeschoolers in December?

mariezp
08-19-2006, 07:25 AM
We will be at Disneyland December 2-13. My teenage son has met some great homeschoolers online. I was wondering if there might be any other homeschoolers planning on being there when we are? Here in Texas they have a homeschool day at Six Flags. Does anyone know if Disneyland has such a day?

infinite
08-19-2006, 07:38 AM
We will be there December 11-14, and we are also homeschoolers.

I have two boys ages 6 and 11.

DangerMouse
08-19-2006, 07:50 AM
We're homeschoolers as well, and I am still working on dh for a Christmas trip this year. We may not make it until after the new year, though.

As far as I know, DL has no "official" homeschoolers' day. We should create our own, though! I know of two other groups who have done that. . .

infinite
08-19-2006, 07:57 AM
We're homeschoolers as well, and I am still working on dh for a Christmas trip this year. We may not make it until after the new year, though.

As far as I know, DL has no "official" homeschoolers' day. We should create our own, though! I know of two other groups who have done that. . .
That would be fun!
How does one get started planning something like that?

PrincessMomma
08-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Another homeschooler! Boys 8, 5, and 3.... We'd LOVE to see a homeschool day ~ especially a Disneyland sponsered day!

Rhiannon8404
08-19-2006, 01:40 PM
I homeschool my 8 y.o. son. We will be going in November, though. I would be fun if they did a homeschool event at Disneyland. We went to one at the Montery Bay Aquarium in April and it was great.

adriennek
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Another homeschooler! Boys 8, 5, and 3.... We'd LOVE to see a homeschool day ~ especially a Disneyland sponsered day!

Disneyland doesn't sponsor days. Groups can organize days themselves and if they rent out facilities within Disney for meals and/or meets, then Disney may provide registration tables and simply designed signage, but that is all paid for by the groups, not sponsored by Disney.

Just FYI.

Adrienne

Whittibo
08-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I homeschool too, and am currently planning our vacation. It looks as though we'll be there from October 24th - November 3rd.

infinite
08-20-2006, 08:00 AM
I homeschool too, and am currently planning our vacation. It looks as though we'll be there from October 24th - November 3rd.
We will be there during that time frame. Oct 30-Nov 1. Are you doing Mickey's Halloween Treat? We are on the night of the 31st.

Whittibo
08-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Well since we still haven't nailed down a firm time for our trip, I haven't booked anything and didn't do the Halloween Treat.

What's holding me up are a couple things, first, my husband was told after last years 10 day trip, that he couldn't take that many days off in a row anymore. He's the only employee who actually shows up for work 100% of the time and they don't even get vacation pay! So, we have to decide what to do about that. The second thing is, our house is for sale. I think our listing expires on the 27th of October, we might just cancel it early instead of waiting for it to expire. :s

stagemomx3
08-20-2006, 09:34 AM
infinite & Whittibo we're homeschoolers and will be there October 31st- November 4th. We're doing MHT on the 31st and staying at the GC.

infinite
08-20-2006, 09:38 AM
infinite & Whittibo we're homeschoolers and will be there October 31st- November 4th. We're doing MHT on the 31st and staying at the GC.
Maybe we will see you there! We are staying at the Paradise Pier.
How old are/is your child(ren)?

infinite
08-20-2006, 09:40 AM
We will also be there September 18-21
December 11-14
And some time in January (a date hasn’t been chosen yet)

Mommy2NicknMax
08-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Another homeschooler here! My sons are 6 and 4 1/2. We're local so if you nail down a date, we'd love to be there! :)

Petersgj
08-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Another homeschooler here. My kids' ages are 3, 6, and 9. We love being able to pick off-peak times for our Disney trips and not have to squeeze it in during spring break, Christmas break, or in the summer.

mariezp
08-20-2006, 03:11 PM
So far not too many planning to be there at the same time we are in December. Still wonderful to see other homeschoolers making their plans! I can only imagine how many others go that do not check out the message boards! Maybe this thread will also help lead to some others meeting up at different times. I think vacation time flexibility is one of the great perks of homeschooling! We have never and probably never would go during peak season. I say probably because I personally am nuts enough about Disneyland that I could probably be enticed. I just doubt that any other of my family would be willing to fight the BIG crowds.

MickeyandMe
08-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Another homeschooler here! I have two boys, age 8 and 4. We will be at the parks October 2-6 and hopefully November 26-29 (possibly with a few other homeschool families from No Cal.)

Whittibo
08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey MickeyandMe, we're neighbors. I am in Somerset, do you know where that is? (Amador county is only a few miles from me, but it's also a big county, so you could be anywhere from 15 minutes to 1+ hour from me).

MickeyandMe
08-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Whittibo - I am not quite sure where Somerset is.....but I have heard of it. I am in Ione.

Whittibo
08-23-2006, 09:53 AM
We drive right through Ione to get to Disneyland. You're not far from me actually, I think about 1 hr or less. Do you know where Plymouth is? That's where Hwy 49 and E16 meet. You take 49 to Placerville, or go up E16 and you'll get to Somerset. :)