PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stayed at the Anaheim Mariott lately?

tlovesdis
08-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Would love to hear about it. From what I see on the website, it looks like a nice hotel with a nice pool, plenty of places to eat, a Starbuck's, and they offer concierge. We have stayed Disney concierge at the Grand and loved it, but just can't swing the high cost this next time. I am considering this hotel.

Please tell me everything you can, good or bad!

Thanks,
Tina

annieb727
08-18-2006, 05:03 PM
have you checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29092-d119437-r5579962-Marriott_Anaheim-Anaheim_California.html

Mox
08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
There are some MousePlanet reader reviews here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrmarriottanaheim).

-Mox

IcDkRy16
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
We've stayed at the Anaheim Marriott twice. Once in December 02, and for five days last October. I don't remember too much about our stay in 2002, but I remember a lot from last year.

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. The Starbucks downstairs was very convenient for us since we aren't big breakfast eaters, so were able to grab a bowl of fruit or a bagel before hitting the parks. The staff was very friendly throughout our whole stay and the housekeeping did a great job.

One of the things we did dislike was the noise level. We were there during a couple big conventions, so there were many business people and not many families which made it kind of weird. Almost every night of our stay the business people were very loud until 1 or 2am. Our room was on the second floor facing the pool, so we were able to hear them very clearly even with the back door shut. Every hour or so we would hear a few of them talking in the hallway, followed by a couple slamming doors. We didn't call the front desk to complain, which might have helped the problem, but that was our fault.

Another thing we found inconvenient was the distance from hotel to the park. Our AAA package came with free parking, so we decided to drive to DL every day so we wouldn't have to walk the distance back after a long day. They do offer a shuttle, but it only runs until 30 minutes after closing. Last October DL closed at 8, and we'd usually go eat dinner and hang out in Downtown Disney until 10 or so, so the shuttle was of no use to us. Having to drive to and from our hotel everyday wasn't too bad, but it was a pain if we had to go back to the hotel for a break in the middle of the day. The only day we did that was Friday, and it took about an hour to get to the hotel, get changed, and get back to the gates of Disneyland. We were only in our hotel room for about 10 minutes, so the rest of the time was either spent driving, looking for a place to park, or walking. We found that the parking garage was always really packed which made it almost impossible for us to find a spot most of the time.

Other than the loud people and distance from the park, it really is a nice hotel. I don't think we'd ever stay there again though.

BCmomof3
08-18-2006, 08:35 PM
We stayed there at the end of May and we loved it. We had no noise at all. we were on the 6th floor facing away from the pool though.

Our pkg came with a free breakfast buffet and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! Complete with ommlets made to order etc.

We took the shuttle (it was free) and found it very convenient and quick. it only serviced two other hotels.

the beds were the nicest I ever had in ANY hotel. I don't know if they were standard in all the rooms but the blankets were soft duvets and covered with 100% white cotton sheets. And the pillows were massive European style...... It was like sleeping in a cloud and at the end of along day was very appreciated.

I would stay here again in a flash!

adriennek
08-18-2006, 10:08 PM
We've been staying at this hotel for an annual convention for over a decade. I love this hotel. It's gotten better over the years. The rooms are clean. The past few visits they've upgraded from bedspreads to fluffy comforters.

There are two towers at this hotel. It seems to me that the newer tower is much quieter than the original tower. For one thing, most of the suites are in the original tower so during conventions, people are using the original tower to visit hospitality suites - the floors can be louder and busier with people who aren't actually hotel guests, just visitors.

The newer tower has changed names a few times. Originally it was the "north tower" - I think the last time we stayed there it was called the "Oasis" Tower? If noise and busy-ness is a concern, I suggest requesting that section of the hotel. It's also closer to Starbucks if that's an issue ;)

As others have said, the location is not as convenient as the on-property hotels. Frankly, I've stayed in the DLH, the PP, the Hilton and the Marriott. On the rare occasions I've had problems at the Marriott, they were handled much better than the problems I've had at the other hotels. I have had problems every time I've stayed at the DLH, one out of the two times I've stayed at the PPH, and on about half of my visits to the Hilton. I've stayed many times at the Marriott - double digit number of visits - I think we've had only a few issues and even then, except for one visit, they were minor. The one exception we did call security and were offered compensation. I can't say half that much for a major incident we had at the DLH.

I absolutely recommend this property.

Adrienne

cstephens
08-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Would love to hear about it.

We're staying there for a convention next week. We had a choice between the Hilton and the Marriott, and we stayed at the Hilton over New Year's Eve and weren't that crazy about it, so we decided to give the Marriott a try. And yes, it's not super convenient when it comes to visiting the resort - be ready for a bit of a walk. If they do have a shuttle, that might be nicer. The Hilton didn't have a shuttle. When we asked about one, they just pointed us to ART.

I'll try to remember to post opinions about the hotel next week. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer/get answers to them.

darph nader
08-19-2006, 12:27 AM
I saw this same??? on another board.

Yes,stayed there.

No, not lately.

cstephens
08-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I saw this same??? on another board.

Probably because there are a number of us who participate on multiple boards, so it makes sense to ask certain questions on multiple boards to get the biggest range of responses.

notabrady
08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Been there a couple of times, and overall, the Anaheim Marriott isnt a bad place to day. The complex consists of two building-- the older original tower (I believe it's called the Palms tower), and the newer Oasis tower.

The complex use to have two pools, one for each tower. Unfortunately, due to remodeling, the pool on the newer tower is closed.

Despite the remodeling going on over on that side of the complex, I would recommend that you try to get a room at the newer tower. The rooms are a bit more quieter than the rooms in the older building.

Depending on the dates and availability, the Marriott also offers lower rates for Disneyland Annual Passholders.....

cstephens
08-26-2006, 06:43 PM
We're on an upper floor of the Palms Tower, with a room that overlooks the pool. The view is quite nice, and the room is very nice. We're pretty close to the elevator bank, so that's very convenient. We have a king-size bed, and it's a very spacious room. There are two easy chairs with a table between them and there's an ottoman as well. I've enjoyed having the chairs. There's an armoire that holds the television set and has some drawers as well. My only complaint really is the miniscule closet-like space. There's no actual closet - just a tiny section of the armoire where you can hang things. I've got three things hanging up, and that's taking up just about all the space. I would have liked to have been able to hang up more, but luckily, most of what I brought can be put in drawers. We also generally like to put our luggage and the bedspread in the closet, but since there isn't one, they're all just out. I don't know if all the rooms are like that or if that's specific to our room - our room is handicap accessible, so maybe they make the room more spacious for that reason. The bathroom is pretty huge, but again, I don't know if that's because the room is accessible.

You can get internet access, but it costs $10 per day, with the day running from noon to noon. The room doesn't come with a refrigerator, but you can ask for one. It's those little square ones. It costs $15 for the stay, as opposed to daily, so it's probably a better deal if you're staying for more than a day.

The main restaurant (Cafe Del Sol) and patio/pool bar (Degrees) as well as the steakhouse (JW) are all in the Palms Tower, as is the Disney desk and concierge desk. The Oasis Tower is where the fitness center and the Starbucks is. There's also a little deli place (Marketplace) in the same area as the Starbucks, and that's been very convenient to have since we've had to get lunch on the go in the morning. They have a few sandwiches and some nice salad choices. There's a lot of construction going on right next to the Oasis Tower, where it appears the normal path to the parking structure is. That's all closed, so you actually have to pull into the parking lot next to the Palms Tower, and if you want to go to the parking structure, you go all the way around the complex. The parking structure is actually a ways from the hotel itself. I'm not sure what they're building, but it sure seems like it's going to take away. We got a notice that they're shutting off the water or power or something to the Oasis Tower starting tomorrow afternoon, so anyone staying past Sunday will have to be moved to the Palms Tower. Don't know how often or how long they're doing that.

We got a really good rate for the room ($99) through the convention we're attending, but regardless, I'd definitely stay here again versus staying at the Hilton. But if you're staying here to go to Disneyland and DCA, know that it's not the most convenient place to stay for that.