PDA

View Full Version : Character Meet and Greet for Visa members?

mistofviolets
08-18-2006, 04:11 PM
My Visa card sent me a flyer saying that our card gives us free entry to a character meet n greet including a 5X7 photo (yada yada yada...I'm sure its not as cool as they made it sound...but still, I'd like to go...) but the only info I can find ANYWHERE is that the hours may change without notice and its only held once a day. But it never says WHEN.

We'll be there next tues and Wed. on parkhopper passes...does anyone know how to find out when the meet n greet is?

momuvseven
08-18-2006, 04:21 PM
We will be there next week too. We did this last time and yes it is very cool. You go to Ariel's Grotto I think between 9-11 am. Your party gets a private meet and greet time with some characters, for us it was Goofy and Mickey Mouse. They take some pictures and you can take your own as well as several minutes to visit. They also have bathrooms down there so the kids can go real quick.

Then some hours later you go to the Postcards (?) shop near the entrance and pick out your picture. It is very nice in a souveneir cardboard frame.

We liked it so much that this time we are wearing matching outfits and getting the whole family in the picture and not just the kids.

You can get the details on the website for your Visa card. If you ask around the park no one really seems to know what you are talking about. You can get free stroller rentals too.

mistofviolets
08-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks!!! I actually have not been able to find any specific details anywhere...it was driving me crazy!!!! Sounds like we'll plan to hit DL at opening...and head over to CA soon after...

taingirlsmom
08-18-2006, 10:18 PM
It was Chip and DAle when we were there in June. I understand they switch with Mickey and Goofy
It takes place in Ariel's Grotto from 10-11:30 I think. You go to the top of the bridge to Paradise Pier in the building where they do the Princess Lunch (Ariel's Grotto). They will send you downstairs and you can see the characters. It was great because they take all the time you want and we got pictures with everyone. The CM's will also take pictures with your own camera.

WITron
08-22-2006, 12:56 AM
If you do a search on this board there have been discussions on the perks of the Disney Visa and the experiences of those that have done the meet and greet. Here is a link to a long thread on the subject: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=46226&highlight=Disney+Visa

miss bianca
08-27-2006, 01:03 PM
I love the disney visa meet and greet. We've been lucky enough to have the kids spend time with Mickey & Goofy on one occasion and Chip & Dale on another. Anyone know if they will be extending this past 9/30/06?

Also what other characters are there?

Thanks

sjcivilady
08-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Where is this held? I might want to have pictures taken with the characters if they're not too busy. Just adult ladies on my next trip, but we love our pics with the characters too (we all love to scrapbook) and I'll only get pics with characters if there aren't a lot of kids waiting. --I do have a disney visa. :)

miss bianca
08-27-2006, 01:23 PM
It's the best! I've gone when the park was crowded and still never had anyone else at the meet & Greet. The kids probably spent 20 mins with Mickey and Goofy! This is why I'm hoping the extend it past 9/30/06!!

HERE'S INFO FROM THE DISNEY VISA SITE:

Disney’s Visa Cardmember-
Exclusive Benefit at the
DisneylandŽ Resort!

Meet your favorite Disney
characters and receive a
free 5x7 photo

This Cardmember Exclusive Character Meet ‘N’ Greet Event is available daily in Ariel’s Grotto at Disney’s California Adventure™ park from park opening until 11:30am. You and up to five (5) guests may take part in this opportunity and cherish the memories with a complimentary Disney Friends Portrait.

This is just one of the great benefits available to you during the Happiest Homecoming On Earth! For more information on other benefits, visit the Current Offers section of this website under the “DisneylandŽ Resort” Category.

Offer valid from 4/1/05 through 9/30/06. Present a valid Disney's Visa Card at time of purchase and use your Disney’s Visa Card or Disney Rewards Card for purchases. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Separate theme park admission may be required. Offer elements, including participating locations, are subject to change without notice.

Cardmember Meet ‘N’ Greet operates once daily at a selected time at Disney’s California Adventure™ park. Must present a valid Disney’s Visa Card for entry and limited to 6 people per card. Operating time, days of the week, location and appearance of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability and location capacity. Offer includes one complimentary 5x7 Disney Friends Portrait per valid cardmember account.

sashachamp
09-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but what is the Character Meet & Greet available to Disney Visa cardholders? I saw something about this on the Disney Visa website, but I'm not sure what it is. We're planning a trip to DL on Saturday, but not DCA. Where is the meet & greet? Do I have to make reservations? I think I get a free picture too.

Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks!!!

Sasha :)

bradk
09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
it's by ariel's grotto (restaurant) in DCA, with fab five types. before lunch. like around 10:30 or so. i'm sure someone else will post times, but i'm sure it's mentioned many times, probably even in the giant disney visa thread

miss bianca
09-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Any word on if they will be extending it past 9/30/06?

princess- ada
09-08-2006, 07:03 PM
In the new AP newsletter it says it will be going until 8/30/07.

Chinner08
09-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Went to DCA on 9/9/06. The Chracter Meet'n Greet was great. It is held in Ariel's Grotto from park opening for about an hour and a half. When I picked up my ticket from the customer service window, the teller was very helpful. It is my understanding that not all the cast members are as knowledgeable though. Just show your Disney Visa at the door and go down the stairs...there the charcter(s) will be. We had Mickey & Goofy. I'll be posting pictures soon.