PDA

View Full Version : Something Special to do at Disneyland

wingfan
08-18-2006, 12:00 PM
My parents are going to Disneyland in September. My mom is a big Disney fan and every trip she makes, I try to surprise her with something that she has not done before. I do not know Disneyland as well as I know Disney World, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks!!

MammaSilva
08-18-2006, 12:07 PM
there are all the tours of course

a meal at the Blue Bayou or Cafe Orleans

Toontown madness

Fantasmic, riverside or balcony

A character meal

taking in the new street entertainments.

KDR
08-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I agree with MamaSilva, especially with regards to dining at the Blue Bayou (nothing like it at WDW) or the Fantasmic dessert buffet & VIP seating (because while there is a Fantasmic show at Disney-MGM Studios, the one at Disneyland is so much more magical, as is being able to sit above the crowds and have a nearly perfect view of the show -- along with some very tasty treats).

Character meals are much the same everywhere. Street entertainers are, of course, much more economical, but not as "special". And the tours at DL pale in comparison to the way cool behind the scenes tours you can get at WDW.

disneyhound
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
If they have not seen Billie and the Hillbillies, thats a great show, each and every time! And definately Fantasmic Balcony seats, the 50th tour was great also!

tigga please
08-18-2006, 12:46 PM
get her name placed infront of the park in stone! ask someone at city hall about them, i think theyre $250 bucks, you get a copy for you to keep and its good for 10years :)

08-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Are you both coming from out of state? A dinner or, more simply and less expensively, appetizers at Napa Rose is very Californian and elegant fun.

bradk
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
you might also want to review: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=59593

disney jones
08-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Are you both coming from out of state? A dinner or, more simply and less expensively, appetizers at Granville's is very Disnyland/Hollywood and elegant fun.

(not disagreeing with 3894, just offering a similiar alternative) :)

ftroop6
08-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Although WDW does have some great tours they can't offer one..."Walk in Walts Footsteps" tour. It was really fun for our whole party. (Ages 47-12)

hbquikcomjamesl
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
True, the Walt's Footsteps tour is one that can't be offered at WDW, since WDW didn't exist yet when Walt made his final visit to the chunk of land on which it was to be built. And although it has strayed a bit from the original concept of following a typical itinerary of one of his early-morning inspection tours, it still retains a strong emphasis on his point of view, and his personal connections with DL.

wingfan
08-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Thank you for the quick responses and suggestions! I will be looking into most of these to see what is best suited for my mom and dad! Thanks again and keep those suggestions coming!!

Gutz
08-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Definitely go to the Opera House and check out the "50 Years of Magic" movie and exhibit, which includes a neat model of Disneyland on Opening Day 1955.

wingfan
08-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks again for the suggestions! Looks like the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is a good fit for them. Does anyone know if this includes lunch at Club 33? My mom has been talking about trying to get in there. She will be happy if she can even take a peek inside.

MammaSilva
08-20-2006, 05:40 PM
none of the tours include ressies for Club 33, that takes a lot of luck, knowing someone who knows someone, but if memory serves, the Walk in Walt tour does give you a peek into the entry lobby.

smd4
08-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Of course, I might suggest you ask a conductor at Main Street Station for a ride in the cab of either engine No. 1 (C.K. Holliday) or Engine No. 2 (E.P.Ripley).

Then, later, you might want to ask the pilot (captain) for a ride in the pilot house of the Mark Twain.

Malcon10t
08-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Thanks again for the suggestions! Looks like the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is a good fit for them. Does anyone know if this includes lunch at Club 33? My mom has been talking about trying to get in there. She will be happy if she can even take a peek inside.
No lunch at Club 33. But, they do let you in the entry lobby and tell you about the Club. You can take a pic standing in the elevator.