PDA

View Full Version : Quickest Transportation from John Wayne Airport [SNA]

ZeonStar
08-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey all. How goes it. It's me from the Walt Disney World boards and the semi infamous recently Proposal. For those of you who are waiting for more. Yeah I know, I've been bad about updates. :)

Anyway I'm excited because I got a spur of the moment Disneyland trip coming up to meet some friends. I have never flew down there alone and I need some input on transportation from the Airport. I figure a Cab would be quickest (though not the cheapest). I need to get to the park ASAP to meet my friend before opening.

I heard about the various shuttles, like Super Shuttle but how quick are they? You have to call and make ressies don't you?

Thanks! :)

going2disneyAZ
08-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Cab is definately going to be the quickest. About $35.

ZeonStar
08-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Figured. How long would a shuttle take, out of curiousity?

Darkbeer
08-18-2006, 09:00 AM
If you are in a group of 3 or more, the Taxi is actually the cheapest, as mentioned above $35 plus tip (ask for the flat rate).

The Cheapest option is the Disneyland Express Bus Service $14 one way, $21 round trip with the coupon at the link below. Drawback is that for most of the day it runs every 30 minutes, so you can get lucky, or half to wait...

http://www.airportbus.com/

The Shuttle Vans are just a bit higher than the Disneyland Express Bus, once again, the driver can wait until the van is filled, or even drive around the airport to find more passengers, plus the driver might have passengers that aren't going to Disneyland, and that they might get dropped off first (such as folks going to the Garden Grove hotels, etc.). So if you get lucky, slightly longer than a cab, but if you get unlucky, you might drive to a couple of homes in the area first to drop off locals coming home from a flight, and could add at least 30 minutes to the trip. Shuttle Vans do not need reservations for pickup at the airport (Just head to the designated area at the airport), you do need to call for pickup at your hotel.

sleepyjeff
08-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Taxi is best imho:)

nvmom
08-18-2006, 02:24 PM
We prefer tonythelimoking.com
Call Tony and tell him your flight, day and time. When you get to baggage, call Tony's cell, he pulls up to the curb. Car, van, or limo service. Not much more than a cab. We've paid between $40-50 depending on the number of people.

nvmom

tigga please
08-18-2006, 03:22 PM
supershuttle is only $10 per person if you share a van. the GN hotels are always first stop ;)