PDA

View Full Version : Is an AP a park hopper? And other AP questions

hickorydickory
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Can you park hop with an AP or is it a Disneyland only thing?

If I buy an AP online through Disney.com can I activate it in california adventure as well as DL?

Do the disney stores sell AP's?

I live in Canada - if I buy passes online do I get charged GST/PST from customs?

Thanks

Dexter
08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Can you park hop with an AP or is it a Disneyland only thing?

If I buy an AP online through Disney.com can I activate it in california adventure as well as DL?

Do the disney stores sell AP's?

I live in Canada - if I buy passes online do I get charged GST/PST from customs?

Thanks

1.) All annual passes are park hoppers, when California Adventure first opened it was treated as a seperate park and you could purchase several different options (Disneyland only, DCA only or 2 park) they've since done away with that (thankfully) and an AP is good for either park.

2.) You can activate the AP at either park BUT you have to get your picture taken the day of activation. For a while California Adventure had an AP processing place but do not know if they still have it.

ETA: The disney store near my apartment sells them but I don't want to say that it's the same for everyone.

I can't answer the last question! Sorry!

hbquikcomjamesl
08-16-2006, 04:25 PM
The very first year DCA was open, DL-only passes were still offered (and maybe even DCA-only; I don't remember one way or the other for sure), but with DCA's "troubled childhood," it was felt that eliminating DL-only passes would help raise money to iron the bugs out of DCA, and give passholders an incentive to visit the park.

So from DCA's second year on, there have been no single-park passes.

I remember when The Electrical Parade was saved from the scrapper's torch by the need for a "weenie" to get people into DCA. My pass renewal was within a day of The Parade's DCA debut, and that renewal was, as I recall, the very last time I had the option of a single-park pass (I opted for the 2-park, on the strength of The Parade alone, just as I made my first trip to WDW on the strength of The Parade, and scheduled my time in the MK around it).

I'm not sure one way or the other about Disney Stores selling them, and I haven't the slightest clue about the tax issues.

BonK
08-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Can S. Calif Select AP and S.Calif AP both be purchased right at the gate?

Darkbeer
08-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Can S. Calif Select AP and S.Calif AP both be purchased right at the gate?

Not at the turnstiles, but of course, at the Main Entry Plaza ticket booths.

So long as you have the right "zip code", and can prove it at the ticket booths, you can get either SoCal AP at the ticket booths.

tigga please
08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
i heard that APs can get priority seating for certain things..does this cost extra? and whats availble for this feature???

Dexter
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
i heard that APs can get priority seating for certain things..does this cost extra? and whats availble for this feature???
Anyone can make priority seating arrangements 60 days out from your trip to the resort by calling the Disney Dining line at 714 781 3463, in some cases AP holders will be invited to purchase tickets to events early like Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA.

danyoung
08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
The very first year DCA was open, DL-only passes were still offered (and maybe even DCA-only; I don't remember one way or the other for sure...

As I recall, the prevailing theory from corporate was that the new park was going to be such a hit that there just wouldn't be room for both the regular ticket buyers and the hundreds of thousands of AP'ers. They figgered out pretty quickly that this wasn't the case, and started selling 2-park AP's pretty quickly.