PDA

View Full Version : No more enhanced fastpass [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

weluvdisney
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
:( According to my local AAA office in 2007 enhanced fastpass is no longer part of their packages. BUMMER!!!!

ToursbabeC3po
08-16-2006, 10:34 AM
I think you can still get it with certain resort packages still. Unless they changed that as well:)

going2disneyAZ
08-16-2006, 11:24 AM
say it isn't so! :mad:

kc10family
08-16-2006, 11:41 AM
When did they stop? Will anyone else do it?

Disney Vault
08-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I think you can still get it with certain resort packages still. Unless they changed that as well:)
I hope you are correct.

Malcon10t
08-16-2006, 12:45 PM
I hope you are correct.I just talked to AAA and was told packages as of Jan 6th will no longer offer the Enhanced Fastpasses. You can currently book a package, which includes a resort hotel and receive the EFP, but packages for travel after 1/6/07 will no longer have this. They stated this is because Disney is phasing out all fastpasses. I found that one more interesting. She initially told me they would have EFP, but when I explained the rumor, she went to find mor einfo and came back to tell me this. She was surprised too, and glad I asked so she knew for future customers.

annieb727
08-16-2006, 12:54 PM
wow. we were thinking of giving enchanted FP a try on our next family trip...guess it's good we didn't get hooked on it.

tho i really cannot see disney getting rid of all fastpasses.

weluvdisney
08-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe it was removed for the year since one of the rumored dreams to be handed out is special fastpasses:confused:
Either way without this feature AAA isn't that great anymore

going2disneyAZ
08-16-2006, 01:00 PM
without this feature AAA isn't that great anymore

Good point. I just got my renewal in the mail, maybe I won't now....free parking 'aint worth the money for their services.

DangerMouse
08-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Good point. I just got my renewal in the mail, maybe I won't now....free parking 'aint worth the money for their services.

FYI, you don't have to be a AAA Member to book travel through them and receive the enhanced fastpasses while they are still available.

Disney Vault
08-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Maybe it was removed for the year since one of the rumored dreams to be handed out is special fastpasses:confused:
Either way without this feature AAA isn't that great anymore
I know I wont be booking through AAA now. It was such a good perk and will probably really hurt their DL sales without it.

kc10family
08-16-2006, 01:40 PM
SO I am a bit lost (not hard for me, but hey) Disneyland might be getting ride of the FP? Why would they do that? It seems to work well. Will it be replaced with something else? I can't event think of wild and crazy long long lines. They are long enough as it is. The FP helps people move along to other places.
Am I missing something?

hlbtimes2
08-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Costco is now the best place to book. All the perks of booking thru Disney, plus $20 gift card and character meal.

Alex S.
08-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I've confirmed it as well. No more enhanced Fastpass (at least through AAA, I suppose they might give it to WDTC as a package feature).

kc10family, this isn't talking about getting rid of Fastpass altogether (though it is practically to that state in DL) but just the enhanced fastpass that you could get with AAA travel packages.

Everett Buzz
08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
I have just booked my trip for October though AAA and the person I use there just got back from a meeting with Disney about the 2007 season. She is the head of Disney Travel for AAA Washington. and she also told me this same info about 1/6 being the last date. But she added that WDTC was going to take the program back for themselves! now dropping the VMK bonus. :crying:

On a plus side for us. this will be our 4th trip using AAA, and the EFP.

rentayenta
08-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Costco is now the best place to book. All the perks of booking thru Disney, plus $20 gift card and character meal.

Yup! We booked our December 2006 trip through them. Great customer service!

annieb727
08-16-2006, 04:17 PM
kc10family, this isn't talking about getting rid of Fastpass altogether (though it is practically to that state in DL) but just the enhanced fastpass that you could get with AAA travel packages.

actually, malcon10t mentioned that the rep at AAA said Disney will be phasing out ALL fastpasses (post #6) - that's where that's coming from

WFGood
08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
During our last trip in June, we were talking to a CM, and she also stated that Disneyland was going to phase out all of the fastpass lines. According to their research, they can move people through more quickly without it. She stated that without fastpasses and with all lines open, they can get by with wait times of 30 minutes maximum. (I find that hard to believe after the lines we saw at Christmas and June, but who knows.)

DianeM
08-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I've been reading the rumor that fastpasses would be phased out for quite a while, but they still seem to be around. I think that it gives people a sense of control over the line length, which is bound to make them happier. I know that I rarely use fastpasses (since we travel during the off season), but I would be disappointed if they stopped the program. It always feels like a treat when I get to go into the short line.

During our last trip in June, we were talking to a CM, and she also stated that Disneyland was going to phase out all of the fastpass lines.

The old man
08-16-2006, 09:42 PM
During our last trip in June, we were talking to a CM, and she also stated that Disneyland was going to phase out all of the fastpass lines. According to their research, they can move people through more quickly without it. She stated that without fastpasses and with all lines open, they can get by with wait times of 30 minutes maximum. (I find that hard to believe after the lines we saw at Christmas and June, but who knows.)
Max 30 min. on Space or Splash Mountain--I don't think so.

Alex S.
08-16-2006, 10:06 PM
actually, malcon10t mentioned that the rep at AAA said Disney will be phasing out ALL fastpasses (post #6) - that's where that's coming from
I had missed that and that information appears to be incorrect.

The official details of the 2007 AAA travel packages released today specifically mentions that Fastpass is included in the package. Just not Fastpass.

I mentioned to the person I was speaking to that this was kind of silly to list as a feature of the package since Fastpass is available to everybody. The person agreed but it is in there nonetheless. Here are the listed features:

AAA Vacations® Diamond Card Have even more fun in the sun with the AAA Vacations® Diamond Card, filled with discounts and special values for dining, shopping, and entertainment at participating locations in the Downtown Disney® District (one per package)
AAA Vacations® Priority Viewing
Guests on a AAA Vacations® package will receive a voucher valid for Priority Viewing at the first Turtle Talk with Crush show of the day, on any one day. A Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket is required (one voucher per Guest).
Dream Coin
This new, enchanting and EXCLUSIVE keepsake is sprinkled with pixie dust to make dreams come true (one per package).
Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness*
An interactive Guest and Disney Character experience occurring one hour before Mickey’s Toontown opens to the general public (valid for one morning throughout length of ticket).
Preferred Seating
Enjoy Preferred Seating at selected attractions in Disney’s California Adventure® Park (one per Guest with Admission):
Disney’s Aladdin—A Musical Spectacular
Jim Henson’s Muppet*Vision 3D
It’s Tough to be a Bug!
Golden Dreams
Early Entry into Fantasyland®**
Receive one early entry into Fantasyland® in Disneyland® Park one hour before Fantasyland® opens to the general public. Valid for Guests with a 3-Day or longer Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket (one per Guest).
Collectibles
EXCLUSIVE! AAA Vacations® collectible pin, lanyard, and luggage tag (one per Guest).
Disney's FASTPASS® Service
Available at selected attractions throughout Disneyland® and Disney’s California Adventure® Theme Parks for the number of days on your Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® ticket.

ToursbabeC3po
08-17-2006, 08:38 AM
SO I am a bit lost (not hard for me, but hey) Disneyland might be getting ride of the FP? Why would they do that? It seems to work well.

There are a couple of reasons. First, Fastpass requires some labor and that cost the company more money. Now Disney will tell you that they have done research and you don't save any time by using fastpass but the truth is they are cheap! It also cost money to fix the machines they are always breaking down.

Fastpass saves a lot of time if you know how to work the system!!! ALOT of time. But for the average park guest they do not know how to use it so they are stuck in ether stand by for a longer time because of fast pass or they only get one all day because they try to get another and it tells them they already have one and THAT IS ALL THEY SEE! For AP's it is great but most people do not do research before the go to Disneyland and learn how to do things like fastpass.

Yes the average Guest is stupid for paying thousands to go to Disney and not learning anything about the park but that is life. People are just to busy to do that these days.

Jen Jen Jen

Pat-n-Eil
08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, boo! :(

I absolutely LOVE the enhanced FastPass.

I agree, if you joined AAA for only the Disney FastPass then the membership isn't worth it.. but we use it for hotel discounts, travel service, DMV services, maps, emergency road service and our disney purchases. So for us it is a great value whether or not Enhanced FastPasses are involved.

I can say that if Disneyland loses all FastPasses they will lose a lot of my business.. I usually only go once a year now but that will fade too. I would have to book the most off of the off times because frankly, I can't stand long wait queues. It is a waste of the day. I would hope they don't punish the intrepid FastPassers just because some aren't savvy enough to get the most out of them.

Revamp Fastpass? Sure.. but eliminate it? That would do it for me.

I guess the silver lining in all of this is that we would start going on the cheap again.. if booking into the Disney Properties doesn't give that kind of added value, then why would I do it? I might still pre-buy my Disney tickets from AAA for the free parking and that opens up lodging options ... but I would still try to get a motel on S. Harbor if possible.

sigh... I don't like where this is going.

JookyG
08-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Where's the flowers committee? There's a whole bunch of FP machines that we could lay flowers at ;)

This stinks. FP is the only way I'd go during busy season.

rentayenta
08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, boo! :(

I absolutely LOVE the enhanced FastPass.

I thought of you when I saw this thread. I know how much you enjoy the EFP.