PDA

View Full Version : Aug. 14th Trip Report

ferliemom
08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi All,

Just a short trip report, in case anyone going this week is interested.

We had a party of 5 at DL on Monday, Aug. 14th. It was Great! :) We were bracing ourselves for good -sized crowds, but the crowds were Very Light, for a summer day, and the weather was quite nice, maybe up to 85 in the warmest part of the day. We had purchased Ridemax to help us get through the anticipated crowds, but we ended up not really using it since the lines were so much shorter than obviously we/ they figured.

DL was open from 8-11. We arrived about 8:30. There was no line to buy tickets. The line to get into the park was maybe 3 minutes. Buzz was a walk on. Indiana had maybe a 10 minute wait (said 25 minutes-- everything pretty much posted longer times than it took). Putzed around and shopped some before our Priority Seating at Cafe Orleans. We listened to the Pirate band, who are quite good, and saw Jack Sparrow with about 800 people around him several times during the day. Cafe Orleans was really quite good, I would give it 4/5 stars. Make a PS-- there were big crowds trying to get in to that place!

We went over to DCA around 12:30 ish. Very light, pleasant crowds. Our group split into High and Moderate Thrill levels, and each had fun. No line was longer than about 10 minutes, except TofT which was about 15. Both groups did Soarin' Single Rider and Grizzly River Rapids. Screamin, TofT, Monsters Inc, Muppet Vision-- all short lines. Longest line at DCA was at Catch a Flave for root beer floats. Enjoyed some mellow hanging out, photos, park bench and pin trading time.

Back to DL around 4. Did a little shopping, then rode Splash (using FP from before), Thunder Mountain, and Haunted Mansion. I was looking forward to seeing the new HM effects, but still don't think the average person will "get" the story line. I loved the new effects, but you're about halfway through the ride before they sort of introduce the idea that maybe this bride offed her husbands and that is why the house is haunted?... A clue or two as the ride starts would help everyone get that a bit better, IMHO. Our party agreed. Still love the HM though!

Quick dinner break at Rancho del Z. Miss the grilled menu with chicken, shrimp and mashed potatoes. :rolleyes: We then did Pirates, with about a 15 minute wait. Love the new twists on this old fave-- we were all mucho impressed! Headed over to Jungle Cruise for a walk on. Did Space Mtn with FP-- love that ride!! :p We did some shopping and trading in the pin store. By then it was a little after 8, so we went over and found a good spot near the rear of the hub to watch the fireworks. 3 of the 5 of our party had never seen them, and were totally blown away. Hit the Matterhorn and the coffee place for a snack on the way out, and left DL a little around 10:30.

A fun day! I hope those of you going this week are blessed with the lightish crowds and fun time we had!

raych30
08-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful day, thanks for sharing! :)

ToursbabeC3po
08-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Yipee about the crowds! Thanks!

yellowrosedtxn
08-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I really enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing!!!

disneyhound
08-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks for posting!

ferliemom
08-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi All,

Sure, thanks for the comments. :)
I know I always like to know about crowd conditions before I go, so I hope everyone gets lucky this week like we did!

annieb727
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
sounds like a great day at DL...makes waiting harder LOL