PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Madness and Early Entry questions

Pages : [1] 2

rentayenta
08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Hi all! We are going to Legoland one day of our December trip. Legoland is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. What days are EE and what days are Mickey's ToonTown Madness. I am trying to plan our trip.

Any tips for best day to do EE?

Thanks for the help. I know I could do a search but my OCD would like all of the info in one place. :p

Darkbeer
08-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Currently, Early Entry is held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

The Early Entry will not be held on Sat., Sept. 16th due to the 5K running event. (Park will hard open at 10 AM on both the 16th and 17th)

Mickey's Toontown Madness is Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

DangerMouse
08-15-2006, 07:07 PM
My favorite day for EE is Tuesday, and it looks like it will work out with your schedule! :D

annieb727
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
The Early Entry will not be held on Sat., Sept. 16th due to the 5K running event. (Park will hard open at 10 AM on both the 16th and 17th)

WHAT!?!?!?! :crying: I am totally bummed about that...but I guess it's good I know that now. *pout pout*

HydroGuy
08-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Currently, Early Entry is held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Mickey's Toontown Madness is Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.Are EE days listed anywhere? How would one know that EE is not available on Sept 16th?

The WDW analog for EE is "Extra Magic Hours", and WDW lists which days are EMH days prominently on their online calendar. I have never seen DLR do this.

tigga please
08-16-2006, 08:03 AM
is it possible for an AP holder to gain EE?

DangerMouse
08-16-2006, 08:12 AM
is it possible for an AP holder to gain EE?

Currently, if you stay at one of the resort hotels, you can get into EE with your hotel charge slip. This may change at anytime, though.

disneyhound
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
...How would one know that EE is not available on Sept 16th?...

Because Darkbeer said so... ;)

HydroGuy
08-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Because Darkbeer said so... ;)So what is DB's cell phone number so we can all stay informed? ;) ;)

MammaSilva
08-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Just the fact that the weekend of Sept 16/17 is the first annual Disney half marathon at the resort would lead me to believe that Darkbeers information is totally correct....even if he didn't already have an outstanding reputation for having extremely accurate information regarding things like this.

disneyhound
08-16-2006, 10:39 AM
So what is DB's cell phone number so we can all stay informed? ;) ;)

555-2337, that's 555-BEER

HydroGuy
08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Just the fact that the weekend of Sept 16/17 is the first annual Disney half marathon at the resort would lead me to believe that Darkbeers information is totally correct....even if he didn't already have an outstanding reputation for having extremely accurate information regarding things like this.My intent was not to question DB's stellar reputation, but just to know if this info is posted anywhere officially (and not have to rely on DB). Or is there a DLR number one can call to get reliable info? It seems that EE days get disrupted during early June when Grad Nights are held, but I do not know any way to find out the EE schedule.

Malcon10t
08-16-2006, 03:24 PM
My intent was not to question DB's stellar reputation, but just to know if this info is posted anywhere officially (and not have to rely on DB). Or is there a DLR number one can call to get reliable info? It seems that EE days get disrupted during early June when Grad Nights are held, but I do not know any way to find out the EE schedule.
EE is interrupted generally once during June for grad night. This explains the days its offered. http://dlr.reservations.disney.go.com/DisneylandIBC/Descriptions/2006/early_entry_fantasy.html The "Restrictions apply" will cover when they need to skip it for something like the half marathon or grad night.

rentayenta
08-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks for all of the info!

From what I can figure and from the advice of a friend, it seems that it would be best to attend ToonTown Madness on an EE day so that we could be right at the ToonTown gates as soon as it opens......Otherwise if ToonTown Madness isn't on an EE day there would be no way to get to the ToonTown gates right at opening. Am I making sense? Do they wait a few minutes to begin the ToonTown ceremony in order to allow people walk time from the main gates to ToonTown?

Darkbeer
08-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Toontown Madness main events start around 20 minutes after the opening time....

bradk
08-16-2006, 05:59 PM
meet & greets take place immediately prior, by gates, then immediately after ceremony at their respective homes.

all attractions are open the duration of the hour.

it is an advantage to be at rope drop by matterhorn area (as IASW is not part of EE), but no disadvantage on a non-EE day. you'll just gain/lose maybe 5-10 mins.

rentayenta
08-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Toontown Madness main events start around 20 minutes after the opening time....

Excellent! That's what I needed to know. Have you been Darkbeer? Will the kids love it?

brad, did you go? Is it really as fun as it sounds?

bradk
08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
i've done it a few times. i don't really care for the changes to it, but it's still good. i mean, it's the only time you'll get on the go coaster as a walk on. i'd just advise not getting caught up in the meet & greet trap since the fab 5 are in town square all day anyway.

the ceremony is neat enough. nice little parade down the street, everyone gets a button, then mickey & minnie welcome guests into their homes.

HydroGuy
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM
i've done it a few times. i don't really care for the changes to it, but it's still good. i mean, it's the only time you'll get on the go coaster as a walk on. We went to TT on a non-TTMM morning when TT opened at 9AM. This was during mid-summer high season, BTW. We got there at about 9:05 and first did Mickey's House and then Minnie's, and got over to the Go Coaster at around 9:30AM and it was still a walk-on.

In general I agree with Brad's point that if you want to ride the Go Coaster you will need to do it very early. I remember waiting in line for it back in the mid-90's for at least 30 minutes (maybe 45) - sometime mid-day. And all for a ride that lasts about 30 seconds. Never again will I do that.

rentayenta
08-17-2006, 02:50 PM
In general I agree with Brad's point that if you want to ride the Go Coaster you will need to do it very early. I remember waiting in line for it back in the mid-90's for at least 30 minutes (maybe 45) - sometime mid-day. And all for a ride that lasts about 30 seconds. Never again will I do that.

Yeah for sure! We try to hit TT first as it becomes a madhouse later in the morning and into afternoon. Once my kids got to do Gadget's 3x before a line had formed. :D

brad, what changes were made? What did I miss out on?

princess- ada
08-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know what days these are offered. We are going to Disneyland in October and would love to plan a character breakfast around these two days.:)

MammaSilva
08-23-2006, 11:48 AM
This link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=59755&highlight=early+entry+toontown+madness) to a recent thread might help you answer any questions.

Darkbeer
08-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Early Entry is normally held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Toontown Madness is normally held on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

Due to a few special events, and the fact that some off-season changes might happen, I would double check with a CM once you arrive at the park.

klgtraveler
08-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Do you have to buy early entry? I know it's offered with some packages, but Im pretty sure the package I bought didn't include it.

bradk
08-23-2006, 01:19 PM
early entry has no attachment to packages. mickey's toontown morning madness does however.

1 day of early entry comes with all hopper bonus tickets (3 days or more). also, guests of the three DLR resorts are offered early entry as well.