PDA

View Full Version : Monorail closing?

Nancy
08-15-2006, 01:56 PM
I can't seem to be able to log on to the Disneyland web page and I wanted to know if anyone knew if the rumor is true that the Monorail will be closed the end of August. We haven't stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in years and I scraped and saved so we could stay there and now the Monorail will be down. I'm sooooo disappointed!! Is there a tram to the Hotel or is it the one to the parking lot only??:crying:

bradk
08-15-2006, 01:59 PM
yes, it's closing due to construction on the new subs.

i don't think there's any other form of transport, but to go from DLH to the monorail is basically halfway to the gates anyway, give or take.

frank828
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
have any of you spotted the new trains that are being built in the building next to the 5 freeway?

when i go home i usually see a building with windows on the side and i can clearly see what looks to be new monorail trains.

Alex S.
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Since Monday's park update I have received a couple additional confirmations of the August 21 - December 22 dates for the closure of the monorails.

So far as I know it still isn't listed in the official schedules but it seems to be the case.

Darkbeer
08-15-2006, 02:31 PM
I had a Monorail CM confirm that Sunday is the last day, and they have been transferred to other attractions.

Nancy
08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Just my luck. Thanks all!!!

boots & saddles
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
But on the bright side the Haunted Mansion's closure has been pushed out to Sept. 11th, the day after we return home. I was afraid we were going to miss one of our favorite rides, and the HM is all my 5-year old son talks about.
We are also staying at the Disneyland Hotel, but I’m not so concerned about the monorail because we have not seen Downtown Disney yet so it will be all new to us, so don’t mind walking from the hotel through DD to get to the parks. Last visit was 22 years ago.

JookyG
08-15-2006, 04:47 PM
It's a nice walk through Downtown Disney. Only takes about 10 minutes.

Malcon10t
08-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I can't seem to be able to log on to the Disneyland web page and I wanted to know if anyone knew if the rumor is true that the Monorail will be closed the end of August. We haven't stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in years and I scraped and saved so we could stay there and now the Monorail will be down. I'm sooooo disappointed!! Is there a tram to the Hotel or is it the one to the parking lot only??:crying:The walk isn't that long. I don't like entering the park on the monorail anyway. The first time of the day, it has to be thru the main gates. There's no tram to the gates. The distance to the Sierra Tower is .4 miles. The monorail station is a third of the way there.

pisces
08-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Dec 22 ???

So it's reopening and will be all finished by Dec 22?

Wow.

Darkbeer
08-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Dec 22 ???

So it's reopening and will be all finished by Dec 22?

Wow.

No, the rumor is that it will be allowed to reopen for the 3 peak weeks of Christmas, and then be closed again for the first half of the year.

Some folks think the reopening might not happen if there are construction delays.

If I was giving odds, about a 66% chance of returning for the peak Christmas break.

sierranevada
08-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Since Monday's park update I have received a couple additional confirmations of the August 21 - December 22 dates for the closure of the monorails.

So far as I know it still isn't listed in the official schedules but it seems to be the case.

Okay - when did it change to closing on 8/21? That, of course, is the day we arrive!! Oh well... guess we walk.

llarch
08-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I just booked an XMas vacation package with AAA, to my surprise, they said the Monorail will be back up on 12-15, they did not say when it will go back down, but I assume it would go off-line again on 1-2 or 1-8....

sierranevada
08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Has anyone actually officially confirmed that it is closing this Sunday?

Nancy
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
The walk isn't that long. I don't like entering the park on the monorail anyway. The first time of the day, it has to be thru the main gates. There's no tram to the gates. The distance to the Sierra Tower is .4 miles. The monorail station is a third of the way there.

It's not the walk over in the morning that has me frustrated, it's the walk back at night when we're exausted!!! We also have 2 EE days too.

sierranevada
08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
It's not the walk over in the morning that has me frustrated, it's the walk back at night when we're exausted!!! We also have 2 EE days too.

That's my issue too! It is so nice at the end of the day to hop on the monorail back to the DLH!

pisces
08-17-2006, 07:33 PM

But isn't the walk back....downhill?

..for whatever that's worth....not much, probably, when you're tired.

Nancy
08-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Oh well Sierranevada, I guess we all have to buck up and smile while we walk back at night. After all look where we will be!!!! May I suggest a change of shoes and a locker. (We're doing that!!) Let me know how the trek goes. Have a great trip!!!

sierranevada
08-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Oh well Sierranevada, I guess we all have to buck up and smile while we walk back at night. After all look where we will be!!!! May I suggest a change of shoes and a locker. (We're doing that!!) Let me know how the trek goes. Have a great trip!!!

Too true!!!

annieb727
08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
yeah...my first time at the DLH and I can't use the monorail...I have to agree that walking INTO DL in the morning is a must-do - walking down mainstreet toward the castle. But it WOULD Have been really nice to take the monorail back to the hotel after DL closes - or for a lunch/pool break. But c'est la vie!

Darkbeer
08-18-2006, 11:12 PM
The CM Reference Guide dated August 18th thru the 24th has the following....

Casey Jr. Circus Train, Now thru October 28th... (But my Girlfriend rode Casey Jr. today, aka it was up and running...)

Monorail - 8/21 thru 12/15

And Yamibuki is now rescheduled to reopen on Sept. 26th.

Also, in this weeks Times Guide, the Autopia FP's are only good Friday thru Sunday, so it looks like they will start changing the queues this Monday for the Finding Nemo queue....