PDA

View Full Version : Question on price/abilities of blackout day ticket for APs?

kimi911
08-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi.

We have annual passes, but I have question about blackout dates.

How expensive is it to get in on a blackout day?

Also, will they let you go to BOTH Parks, or does that cost double?

Also, are you able to use the fast pass machines?

I really appreciate your help.

You wouldn't have to go to the bank, would you?

annieb727
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I can only answer the cost question - it's $30 to visit on a blackout day

hlbtimes2
08-15-2006, 09:59 AM
$30, both parks, and yes you can get fast pass. You buy your block out pass at the ticket booth out front. They give you a one day ticket, and you use it to get your fast pass. YOu need both your a/p and black out ticket to get in the gates. YOu do not need to visit the "bank". OH, and you have to buy the black out ticket the day you are using it. You can't get it in advance.

kimi911
08-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Many thanks for all the help! :)

kimi911
08-16-2006, 12:22 PM
New question I thought of:

Can you use your annual passport discount for food and stuff, if you're there on a $30 paid blackout day?

hlbtimes2
08-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes.

jdromeo21
08-16-2006, 01:49 PM
One more thing...

If you have the So-Cal Select Pass and are buying a block-out day, the difference of cost from the So-Cal Select to the Standard So-Cal is $30. So go to the Pass place (when you are in disneyland and not going to go back and forth from DCA) and upgrade. You show the block-out day ticket and your pass, and they will automatically upgrade you.

if you have the So-Cal and are going it, I believe the difference is $30-50 more in addition to the block out day to get the Deluxe. Depending on when your pass expires, it may be worth the money. Although, summer has passed and that's when most of the blockout days are for the So-Cal. At least with the So-Cal Standard pass, you can go on Sundays, whereas the Select only weekdays

Seashellmama
08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
One more thing...

If you have the So-Cal Select Pass and are buying a block-out day, the difference of cost from the So-Cal Select to the Standard So-Cal is $30. So go to the Pass place (when you are in disneyland and not going to go back and forth from DCA) and upgrade. You show the block-out day ticket and your pass, and they will automatically upgrade you.

And, note, you can do this even if you go on a blackout day for the standard so-cal Annual Pass.. that is, if you have so-cal select and are going on a day that is blacked out for the standard so-cal pass, you can still both get a blackout day ticket ($30) and upgrade it ($0) to the standard so-cal pass.