PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Sunday

mgg1234
08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Every year my daughter and I make a trip to Disneyland for her birthday. It's in the end of February, and somehow we always end up battling a crowd of cheerleaders or early Spring-breakers.

A friend told us that Superbowl Sunday is a really light crowd day. Has anyone been there that day? Can you confirm it?

Thanks!

tod
08-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Every year my daughter and I make a trip to Disneyland for her birthday. It's in the end of February, and somehow we always end up battling a crowd of cheerleaders or early Spring-breakers.

A friend told us that Superbowl Sunday is a really light crowd day. Has anyone been there that day? Can you confirm it?

Thanks!

Nope. It's as busy as any other midwinter Sunday.

--t

TowerofTerror
08-14-2006, 10:30 PM
The park busy on that day until 1 hour before the super bowl game starts

Abigail's Uncle
08-14-2006, 11:33 PM
We tried going on Superbowl Sunday a couple years ago as an experiment, and found that a lot of other people probably had the same idea. It was very, very crowded throughout the day.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-15-2006, 12:31 AM
We went to DCA this year and it was a crowded disaster. It was the most crowded that I have ever seen it, and I go twice a month.

If a West Coast team is in, you are set. If not, stay away.

stan4d_steph
08-15-2006, 07:08 AM
If you do a search in this forum on "superbowl" you'll get previous year's discussion on this same topic, along with some indications of what crowds were like.

mommy-san
08-15-2006, 07:09 AM
And watch out for the strollers... every football widow Mom in SoCal headed to DL this past Superbowl. Do not believe the rumors... we couldn't believe the crowds that day. Especially because the game started very late in the day.

Jodi
08-15-2006, 07:44 AM
We've had APs for several years, and we decided to go on Super Bowl Sunday one year. Huge mistake! I had never seen crowds like that before. The only days I have seen that were more crowded were May 5, 05 (start of 50th) and June 17 (official 50th)

I believe the game was in San Diego that year, so that could have increased crowds, but I have heard it was pretty bad other years also. Other than that day, Sundays are usually our favorite day to go.