PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 (8/13/06)

mckygirl99
08-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone! I am so excited because I had my first trip to Club 33 yesterday! The food was great and the facility was beautiful. We had a great time and even saw Jennifer Love Hewitt and another famous family (we recognized them but could not remember their name and the cast members wouldn't tell us).

Here is a link to my 33 pictures (go figure!) I went with my friend (woman in orange), my mom (woman in green) and me.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcMWzly1csmLjY&notag=1

I also took a pic of one of the NOS bands. Are these one of the ones getting the boot? We really enjoyed them.

I should have taken more and better pics but I was so happy and was trying to drink everything in (including chocolate martinis...yum!). Oh well there will now be a next time. The mystery is solved...I now know what's behind the door. Enjoy!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-14-2006, 09:27 PM
LOVE the photos! Thanks so much for sharing them. One of these days....I will get to go there!! I've only been going to DL for like 40 years and haven't been yet!

You are adorable! It's always fun to see what people look like! :)

annieb727
08-15-2006, 04:42 AM
thanks for sharing the pictures! i hope to go someday, but who knows? :p I love seeing pictures of it. i didn't realize that there were characters there...that's cool. i think it's the first time i've seen pics with characters from the club

08-15-2006, 04:55 AM
My favorite part was the photos of you and your friends. You look so pretty and like fun people.

backsthepack
08-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing them.

mckygirl99
08-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed them!

oregontraveler
08-15-2006, 07:23 AM
I also took a pic of one of the NOS bands. Are these one of the ones getting the boot? We really enjoyed them.

I would say yes, these fine musicians got the boot.
BTW: I also loved the pics.

Osky
08-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks for sharing! Was it intentional that you have "33" pictures in your album? ;)

annieb727
08-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Was it intentional that you have "33" pictures in your album? ;)

haha...i didn't even catch that

The Red Head
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
i didn't realize that there were characters there...that's cool. i think it's the first time i've seen pics with characters from the club

The only time the characters are at the Club is for the Sunday Champagne lunch. The other days of the week and at dinner there are no characters.

LOYL2DZNY
08-15-2006, 08:59 AM
i really liked the balcony shots. you lucky girl! i'm so jealous! thanks for the great pics!

Osky
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I remember seeing a character outside of Sunday brunch (mainly because I haven't done the Sunday brunch and I have seen Pluto there) but it might have been one of the events I attended with a member. Opus1Guy or Frogberto can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that a member can request an appearance by a character. Not sure if that is anytime, or when renting out the club.

The Red Head
08-15-2006, 10:24 AM
I remember seeing a character outside of Sunday brunch (mainly because I haven't done the Sunday brunch and I have seen Pluto there) but it might have been one of the events I attended with a member. Opus1Guy or Frogberto can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that a member can request an appearance by a character. Not sure if that is anytime, or when renting out the club.

I believe members can pay to have character appearances anytime. Meaning if you rent out the entire Club, or if you have a special occasion. I have been there when someone proposed at dinner time and they had Mickey come to their table. But Mickey didn't walk around to all the tables like the characters do for the Sunday lunch; he was basically there for that specific table.

Opus1guy
08-15-2006, 12:44 PM
But Mickey didn't walk around to all the tables like the characters do for the Sunday lunch; he was basically there for that specific table.

He should have made a quick pass-by the other tables, even if someone else was paying.

Member's can arrange for character appearances anytime...not just with Private Party reservations. There's a fee, however. Club Members can also arrange for specialty cakes, embroidered ears, balloons and other table decorations for special occasions.

If you arrange for a character, they will spend most of their time with your table (however long you arrange and pay for), but before the character leaves the room, it is understood that it will make one pass through the entire Club for a quick round of "hellos" and picture taking.

I mean...someone like Mickey just can't come in to visit you and not say "Hi!" to the other folks! ;)

mckygirl99
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks for sharing! Was it intentional that you have "33" pictures in your album? ;)

Not at all! When I downloaded them I realized there were 33 pics. Go figure!

I Heart Disneyland!
08-15-2006, 08:00 PM

I noticed that too! Glad I'm not the only dork in the crowd! :geek: :geek: (no offense grundler!)

Osky
08-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Glad I'm not the only dork in the crowd! :geek: :geek: (no offense grundler!)

No offense taken. :geek: As you can see from my signature, tracking miles down to the hundredth is pretty darn dorky... :geek:;)

olegc
08-15-2006, 10:46 PM
i thought the jazz trio (side street bachelors) were going to be spared. Everyone else got the boot (or will get it)..

BTW - if anyone is interested, that pirate map image of the Carribean is available as a Petite Print at Disneyana (and probably Disney Gallery).

animalx
08-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm going to be there in December, I will have pictures of me trying to get in and getting booted out for not having reservations. I swear i'm on the guest list :(

shanimalcracker
08-22-2006, 11:25 PM
hi april,

i have reservations to club 33 for sunday brunch this weekend ( my birthday is on monday after that) and i was just wondering, how much does sunday brunch cost per person? my boyfriend is taking me (his parents have reservations), but they've only gone for dinner so i have no idea what to expect in terms of price and what it'll be like. it looks like you had lots of fun! please e-mail me or just respond to this (shannon.rose.liu@gmail.com) and i'll be sure to post up pictures!

shannon

DadandFamily
09-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone! I am so excited because I had my first trip to Club 33 yesterday! The food was great and the facility was beautiful. We had a great time and even saw Jennifer Love Hewitt and another famous family (we recognized them but could not remember their name and the cast members wouldn't tell us).

How did you get in? Were you invited?

mickeynewe
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
We went for the first time last year and I don't believe it was a Sunday brunch, but Mickey and Pluto were there. We paid somewhere around $65.00 per person before gratuity. I know that for the three of us, it was well over $200.00 when the final bill came. LOL..we knew we were in trouble when the menus didn't have prices, but hey, its Club 33! The food was excellent, and the atmosphere awesome. We had some great bonding time up there and d-r-a-g-g-e-d our stay out for a good 2 1/2 hour lunch.

P.S. I thought I was the only person in this world that would take a pic of the "toilet". I made my daughter stand guard to make sure no one was coming and snapped a quick shot, because I didn't think anyone in my family would believe me when I told them! ROTFL

Opus1guy
09-22-2006, 01:45 PM
P.S. I thought I was the only person in this world that would take a pic of the "toilet". I made my daughter stand guard to make sure no one was coming and snapped a quick shot, because I didn't think anyone in my family would believe me when I told them! ROTFL

Fear not at being alone in that! The Club 33 Ladies Room has to easily be the most photographed restroom in Disneyland.

:)