PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question... What Exactly is "Bat Day"?

mowsluver
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
I have seen numerous threads on 'bat day'...so-what is it?

potzbie
08-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Here in the Disneyland MousePad of MousePlanet, there are no dumb questions.
Only Dumbo questions.

:)

Andrew
08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Not a dumb question at all. "Bat's Day" is an unofficial gathering of the "goth" community at Disneyland. More info here: http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm

I Heart Disneyland!
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Here in the Disneyland MousePad of MousePlanet, there are no dumb questions.
Only Dumbo questions.

:)

Too funny! I got a good chuckle from this!

DisneyPerson and Zero's Bark can tell you all about this, they go every year as far as I know. :) :)

hbquikcomjamesl
08-14-2006, 07:00 PM
On the other hand, "bat day" at a ballpark is something entirely different.

doombuggy driver
08-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Why isn't bat day around Halloween?

mowsluver
08-15-2006, 05:50 AM
I see.....I kind of had the picture of people walking around with 'baseball' bats and was wondering why in the heck they would hand out baseball bats at DL!!:D

Darkbeer
08-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Why isn't bat day around Halloween?

The Bats Day folks pick the first weekend that the SoCal AP's are not blocked out for the Summer. They feel that this works better for folks to attend before school starts.

Also, some of the Goth's that run Bats Day work at Knott's Halloween Haunt, so they have no free time in October.

MrsPooh
08-15-2006, 11:47 AM
DisneyPerson and Zero's Bark can tell you all about this, they go every year as far as I know. :) :)

They are down there now, as we speak!

They are my favorite Goths! :D

wardkimballfan
08-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I see.....I kind of had the picture of people walking around with 'baseball' bats and was wondering why in the heck they would hand out baseball bats at DL!!:DTo whack people over the head with. It's the day to bring naughty children and soon-to-be-ex-spouses to the Park. :~D

MrsPooh
08-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Actually, isn't it Bats Day?

With an "S" at the end of "Bat"?

wardkimballfan
08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Actually, isn't it Bats Day?

With an "S" at the end of "Bat"?It sounds like an English holiday when it's like that. Sorta like how the British newspapers are always talking about "drugs arrests" and "drink-driving." LOL, those two terms crack me up, especially "drink-driving." It sounds like you'd get arrested for drink-driving if you were under the alfluence of incohol.

Nancy
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM
We were there one year and they are quite fun to watch. I love to people watch anyway but this was an unexpected surprise.