PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Scavenger Hunt?

Scroll Lock
08-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Knowing how popular these Disney fansites are, has anyone ever played Scavenger Hunt in the park? Unofficially I mean. You can hide or place everyday objects for others to find.
For example:
Hiding little cards or notes on specific vehicles. The Gold ones are very usefull.
Leaving small, but popular, origami cranes in specific vehicles.
Leaving pennies on or behind various objects in the park.
Small size Post-Its messages to friend under hoods of autopia cars, Dumbo rides, etc.

PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT CONDONE VANDALISM OF ANY KIND
Just some nice clean harmless fun.

Another fun version could be a photographic Scavenger Hunt. Although there are books and website dedicated to the obscure. But for the layman, how about trying to take specific photos of things in the park, or how about trying to capture 20 different pictures of Elephants. There seems to be a lot of elephants in the park now that I think of it?

I'm just thinking out loud this morning, but this sounds like fun. It also sounds much like a pastime for AP holders. Being one myself, I find myself out looking for something new and different to see, rather than the make this day trip worth the money trip.

Andrew
08-14-2006, 10:45 AM
You may be interested in MouseAdventure (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/).

Gone2Disneyland
08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I haven't, but a friend recently mentioned learning about one using GPS that posts longitude and latitude coordinates on the Internet. Her father owns a GPS thingamabob, so that's how she learned about it.

Someday, my friends and I will do the MouseAdventure. Maybe this fall.

Tinkermommy
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
a friend recently mentioned learning about one using GPS that posts longitude and latitude coordinates on the Internet. Her father owns a GPS thingamabob, so that's how she learned about it.

It's called geocaching. (Not sure that's spelled right.) I have a good friend whose family is addicted to it! They find coordinates on a Web site, pack up their kids and their GPS, and go find stuff hidden around the region. They take one of the objects they find, replace it with another, then post about their experience online. They love it, and take awesome pictures. It sounds like fun, but many of the sites are remote and bathroom-less, which always makes me less enthusiastic. (LOL)

I once found a penny in a secret spot in the park. (Clearly intentionally placed.) It was filthy, like it had been there a long time. I took it out, soaked it overnight in some soda to clean it, and re-hid it in the same spot the next morning. Never did check to see if somebody retrieved it, but I had fun putting it back prettier than it came out!

Tinkermommy
08-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Leaving pennies on or behind various objects in the park.
Small size Post-Its messages to friend under hoods of autopia cars, Dumbo rides, etc.

PS - I'd advise you to keep in mind that you might be suspected of being up to something nefarious. (Always wanted to use that word.) This probably isn't the best time to be thinking about hiding things under or behind things in the park...:(

I Heart Disneyland!
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Many years ago, my grown son was visiting DL a day or two after I was coming home from DL. My best friend and I hid something for him, in the park (a very small, harmless item...please, no bashing...this was before 9-11, etc.) and he found it when he went there! It was really fun. I'd not do that now, after the horrible terrorist events in our country in the last 5 years, but, back then...it was really a fun thing to do.