PDA

View Full Version : New morning show in front of the castle

Mommy2NicknMax
08-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Did anyone else catch this yesterday? It was at about 10:45AM right in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. It had the Disneyland Band, lead by Mickey Mouse. Also Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale, and Pluto came out. The band played some songs, the characters danced. Then Alice and Mad Hatter came out. They got some kids involved for a song and next the band leader introduced Aurora and Prince Phillip. They came out and danced in front of the castle. Finally they played Walt's opening day speech and then it ended. It reminded me a bit of the Rededication Ceremony but without the whole Mayor of Main Street thing. I didn't get any pictures because I had to hold my son so he could see.

Anyone else catch this? Was this the first time they did it? I overheard one CM say it was new but I wasn't sure how new.

evrythngwmn
08-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Totally new, first week.

ChipmunkStar
08-14-2006, 09:28 AM
And by totally new... Its first day was Saturday.

LOYL2DZNY
08-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I'd like more info on this if anyone else on the boards knows more details, please!?!?!?!

potzbie
08-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Are you saying this event is NOT the 50th Anniversary Rededication Ceremony?

Are you saying that this IS the 50th Anniversary Rededication Ceremony moved to a new location and with a new format?

Mommy2NicknMax
08-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Potzbie - I missed the name of the new show when I was there Sunday. They do still play Walt's speech but there is no mayor of Main Street. It's lead by the Disneyland Band leader. So I'd say it's a different show. Maybe to replace the Rededication Ceremony?

Does anyone know if they are still doing the Rededication Ceremony daily?

ChipmunkStar
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
No, this is going in place of Rededication. Just think of it as Rededication Ceremony 2.0. And in front of the castle. And without a mayor. And with more character enhancement. And with the band.

Another Dimension
08-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Other new Disneyland entertainment....

This comes from a post on mouseinfo.com

The first was "a castle show" featuring Mary Poppins, Bert, and a Pearly Band. Since Mary Poppins is one of my favorite films I definetly really enjoyed the little show performed in front of the castle. A live pearly band performs music while Bert and Mary interact with the crowds.

(Another show) It features the Fab Five, Chip and Dale, the Mad Hatter and Alice, and Princess Aurora and Prince Philip. Its current times (subject to change) are 9:45am and 10:45am, with the Mary Poppins Castle show at 1:30pm and 2:25pm.

A new band, assumedly replacing the Firehouse Sax Quartet, called "Hook and Ladder" features Chip n' Dale, Cruella DeVill, and Goofy. A cross between the
Firehouse Sax Quartet and the Main Street Municipal Association, this is another cute little option with the firemen playing some music. Between songs the characters interact in scripted little skits to live music from the band. First it's the chipmunks, then Cruella, then Goofy. Each come out separately, do one number, then leave. It was sad, after each character left, the large crowds that built up quickly dissipated until the next character appeared. Surely, this could use some tweaking.

The next new offering is not character-based. It's a new band called the Main Street Strawhat Strutters. Playing classic American tunes they are similar to the Main Street Municipal Band, but with the vibrant energy of the new Dapper Dans and bright patriotic outfits to match!

Finally, the newly revamped Flag Retreat impressed me most. Truly, it's a flag retreat done right. The former ceremony was nice. Very very simple but passable. This new flag retreat ceremony, however is an event in itself. The Main Street band comes down Main Street, assemble around the flag pole and are then joined by the Dapper Dans who sing a few patriotic numbers. After this, patriotic quotes from several prominent historical figures are played and then the flag is lowered to the Star Spangled Banner. The Dappers sing America the Beautiful and the ceremony was over. Truly, a flag retreat to honor America done in true Disney style!

:)

ChipmunkStar
08-17-2006, 07:22 PM
The next new offering is not character-based. It's a new band called the Main Street Strawhat Strutters. Playing classic American tunes they are similar to the Main Street Municipal Band, but with the vibrant energy of the new Dapper Dans and bright patriotic outfits to match!

Actually, I believe that particular group is joined (seperately) by Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, and Mickey Mouse.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Sounds like it is a great show. I bet your kids liked it.

bradk
08-18-2006, 05:26 AM
moot, but i had actually seen the marching band with the rededication ceremony at the train station. i believe it was on a weekend. otherwise, no band.

tinker3
08-18-2006, 08:36 AM
We have a DL sing a long video from the 80's and they do something very similar to this on the video. In front of the castle some characters and music welcoming everyone to disneyland.

It sounds cute! I hope it continues so my boys can see it in November.