PDA

View Full Version : Tickets [gift cards] you get at Vons... [merged]

ferliemom
08-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi,

Can someone clarify... ?

The tickets you buy at the grocery store... They told me there today you get them activated at the store upon purchase, and then the only line you have to stand in is the turnstile line. I thought I read differently here this week-- must have gotten wires crossed somewhere. Can someone who has used the credit card style tickets they pre-purchased please let me know how that worked?

Thanks.

Leap for Joy
08-13-2006, 06:02 PM
This is what this week's MP DLR Update said:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl060807xx

...And finally, a quick tip and reminder. A lot of people are now pre-buying their Disneyland tickets at various alternate venues such as grocery stores, Costco, or as part of the CityPass. It is important to keep in mind that what you get when you buy these items is not an actual Disneyland admission ticket but rather a voucher for a Disneyland ticket. You cannot walk right up to the gates of Disneyland or DCA with one of these vouchers and be allowed in

Leap for Joy
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
For some reason, it cut off the end and I can't fix it in the edit. Here it is again:

...And finally, a quick tip and reminder. A lot of people are now pre-buying their Disneyland tickets at various alternate venues such as grocery stores, Costco, or as part of the CityPass. It is important to keep in mind that what you get when you buy these items is not an actual Disneyland admission ticket but rather a voucher for a Disneyland ticket. You cannot walk right up to the gates of Disneyland or DCA with one of these vouchers and be allowed in—you must first trade them in for an actual ticket. This has led to many grumpy people who wait in a long line at the gate only to be told they first needed to wait in a long line at the ticket windows. Just a small tip: You can also make the exchange at the Guest Services/Will Call window next to the lockers outside Disneyland. If this line looks shorter than at the regular ticket booths, head over there to save a few minutes.

ferliemom
08-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks Leap for Joy-- I knew I read that somewhere! :)

jackaroosmom
10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
I was given a park hopper card that was purchased at Vons. Can anyone tell me if I have to redeem at a ticket booth when I get there, or can I proceed straight to the gate?

Thanks!

-Disney here I come (in 2 days!):D :D :D :D

CariBelle
10-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Hmm, now I'm confused haha In March we bought the 2fers at Vons and went directly into the gates with them. I just purchased an AP and a Hopper from Vons for this weekend, so now I need to redeem the hard card for an actual ticket before entering the gates?

Darkbeer
10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
The Hard "Gift Card" does NOT have to be traded in, it is an actual ticket, with the barcode and everything on the card.

The one issue of these cards is making sure they are properly activated when purchased. I strongly recommend you keep the receipt and bring it with you when you attend the park, just in case there is a computer glitch.

But these cards, which can be found at Grocery Stores, Disney Stores and the World of Disney stores go straight to the turnstile, with no need to trade them in for a different type of ticket...

Here is an example of a "Gift Card"...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/344287

Darkbeer
10-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I know that the CityPass voucher is just that, a voucher which must be redeemed at a ticket window. Also some Costco offers are vouchers, such as the Play4Days, which requires the redemption of a voucher, plus showing a valid SoCal ID.

If the "ticket" is the size of a Credit Card, and has the barcode and magnetic strip in the locations shown in the picture above, NO NEED to exchange, just go straight to the turnstiles.

Disney is trying to reduce/eliminate the need for folks to redeem their vouchers and/or use will call. This is one of the reasons for the new turnstile monitors.

Boo's Mommy
10-19-2006, 12:06 PM
what about when you buy online through the disneyland website? we bought our annual passes there and we got vouchers. do we still need to go to the ticket booths, or just up to the turnstiles?

Darkbeer
10-19-2006, 12:10 PM
what about when you buy online through the disneyland website? we bought our annual passes there and we got vouchers. do we still need to go to the ticket booths, or just up to the turnstiles?

Did you get the "Credit Card" size cardboard vouchers with the Bar Code and Magnetic Strip in the mail from Disney?

If so, then you show those "tickets" at the turnstiles to be allowed into the park, then take the "ticket" to the Bank of Main Street to have your photo taken, and be issued your actual AP. No need to go to the ticket booths.

If you arranged for something to be picked up at Will Call, then you need to take your printout, along with ID and the Credit Card used to Will Call (South-East Ticket booth, near Lost and Found and Lockers outside of DCA).

CariBelle
10-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the clarification Darkbeer!

jackaroosmom
10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Your are the best Darkbeer! All that knowledge and photographic talent! I have been worshiping you from afar ;)

Darkbeer
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Don't forget, sometime next month, Disneyland Resort (NOT WDW) will introduce "Disney's E-Ticket", where you will be able to print out a bar code on your home computer and go straight to the turnstiles and have the actual "credit card" ParkHoppers print out at the turnstile and handed to you.... But this feature is NOT yet available, but coming soon......

Swhite
10-20-2006, 02:58 AM
We have the Costco S Cal CityPass booklet. I was wondering- when we check in to Paradise Pier, can we turn in our booklet for tickets there?

Thanks

Darkbeer
10-20-2006, 04:21 AM
We have the Costco S Cal CityPass booklet. I was wondering- when we check in to Paradise Pier, can we turn in our booklet for tickets there?

Thanks

Yes, the Front Desk has a full "ticket booth" computer and printer, so they can do anything the Ticket Booths can....