PDA

View Full Version : PotC 2 at the El Cap Theatre Trip Report 7-9-06

Squeaky
08-13-2006, 12:06 PM
I know it's a little late, but it's definately a great update. The trip was awesome, and the trip report shows it. Check out the trip report, then go to the album for the full story in pictures and commentary. :)

(Check out the photo album for more detailed info -- this is just a light overview!) We arrived in Hollywood at 5AM, went up and down Hollywood Blvd, ate at Mickey Dees, bought Pirate toys from McD's and explored the Studio Store (and of course bought LE pins!!!) At about 7 AM, we saw that someone beat us to the top of the line, so we went to sit down. At 9 AM, we were allowed inside, and we took pictures with Captain Jack! Next we each got a popcorn bucket (with the movie poster wrapped around it as the design) and a soda, chose our seats, and Sean went to sleep lol. We explored, took pics, and went to sit down. There was an awesomely cool organist playing Disney tunes for the whole hour, and the gorgeous theatre was decorated in Pirate! After the organist sunk down into the floor, there was a drawing for 2 free tickets to Disneyland. Free tickets are always nice, but we thought it was funny that they were giving tickets to Disneyland to a bunch of APers. (It was an AP showing) The announcer told us that there would be a "Creepy Pirate Stage Show" then the movie would begin! The lights went out, the curtains pulled back, and everyone started to cheer. The atmosphere was amazing; we knew that were all here for the same reason -- and extreme love of Disney, and of course, PIRATES!! There was a giant skull with crossed torches (much like the one at the windows of World of Disney at DTD but MUCH BIGGER.) The cannons fired; there were some more pyrotechnics, rain effect and music. The lights went dark again, and the movie began. When the title came up, we all screamed. During every significant part of the movie, we all cheered, laughed and screamed. It was wonderful. We also saw the movie at midnight on the 7th, so we knew what was coming up. Our favorite part was when Barbossa came walking down the stairs and hearing the “GASP!!!!" squeals and screams rise from the crowd. We stayed until the very end when the dog is sitting in the throne and shared some awesome laughs with the audience. We finally left, and we were all given a movie poster as we exited. Then, we saw Hollywood and what it looks like in the daytime -- HORRIBLE!! Lol There were people everywhere, it was hot, and very unpleasant. We hopped in the car, and drove down to Disneyland to ride the ride and check out the Disney Gallery. The ride was amazing, Captain Jack, Captain Barbossa and Davy Jones do not disappoint, and the ride is seamless. I loved it, and so did Jeff, Bobby and Sean. We checked out the Disney Gallery and found a lot of art form the movie. There were only a few differences, which were the bone throne and Ragetti and Pintel's Costumes. The rest of the props were duplicates. The CM in the Gallery told us that the originals are all being used in the third movie : At World's End and that the prop master made extras for Disney Gallery and El Cap Theatre. We stayed the day, rode PotC two more times, and had a great time.

The album: PotC 2 at the El Capitan Theatre 7-9-06
http://photos.yahoo.com/starkid18203

*Nicki*

I Heart Disneyland!
08-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I loved that part too!!!!!!!!!!! (The first spoiler part!)

LOVE all the photos! I'd not seen the engagement ones yet. Too cute!!!!

disney jones
08-13-2006, 03:37 PM
thank you very much - very enjoyable!